ESP

Old 11-25-1999, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ESP

If you finance on your next purchase, consider ESP. You can save a few points on your credit and that = $$$$$$$$.

Old 11-25-1999, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Huh?

Old 11-25-1999, 05:49 PM
You can actually get a better APR by buying an ESP. Ford Credit sees this as protecting their investment.

Old 11-26-1999, 03:46 PM
that may explain how my dealer added an ESP with NO difference in payments, term, or higher APR.

Robert

Old 11-26-1999, 04:19 PM
Banned
Or, you could pay all of your bills on time and keep a good credit rating=good APR. ESPs aren't worth the paper they're written on. Dealers make an obscene profit on these. Whoever told you Ford hands out better interest rates in exchange for purchasing an extended warranty is FULL OF CRAP!!! That sounds like something a salesman would say. What if you're not financing through Ford Credit? Don't you REALIZE they don't always have the lowest rate? Your basic warranty carries you through 3 years/36,000 miles; what if you financed for 48 months or less? How would that protect Ford's investment? Sounds like you've been HAD by a salesman!! I've talked to Ford Credit, and they said this is BS! Consumer Reports will tell you the same. These guys saw you coming, grabbed you by the ankles and shook ALL of the money out of your pockets.

------------------
'98 F150 XL Regular Cab, LWB, 4.2L V6, 5 Spd, 3.55 LS, Rhino Lining, factory heavy duty suspension, 3" Gibson Swept Side Cat Back, K&N filter, Oxford White minus the two tone garbage. BIG TIME FoMoCo p/u fan, not some fair weather hammerhead.

Old 11-26-1999, 04:52 PM
Well,
I would buy ESP whether it made a difference or not. Are you saying the dealer sets the APR?

[This message has been edited by crash1 (edited 11-26-1999).]

Old 11-26-1999, 07:54 PM
Virtually all lending institutions "score" your credit application utilizing information provided by the customer and that which is contained in his/her credit report. This process yields what is referred to as a Bureau or Beacon Score. Rates are then tiered based on the Bureau Score; the higher the score, the lower the rate. Ford Motor Credit Company currently has 5 tiers for retail customers (level 0 to level 4, level 0 being the best rate). Wells Fargo / Norwest also currently has 5 tiers (Gold Plus, Gold, Silver, Standard and Base). Intangibles such as dealer comments on the credit application or via a phone call to the credit rep may result in a better tier than what is warranted by the Bureau Score.

Old 11-27-1999, 02:37 PM
Banned
Only a dumbass would blow money on an ESP. I'll type slow so you can read this. More, or less, what SDWill is saying, YOUR interest rate on a short term, simple interest loan is determined by YOUR PAST PERFORMANCE AS A CONSUMER NOT SOME DEALER!! I.E., if you have a history of late payments, foreclosures, reposessions, collection agencies, et cetera, forget about getting any of the 4.9% or whatever is offered by Ford. By the way, Ford Credit usually does not offer competitive interest rates except for promotions (slow sales, new models, etc.) A bank doesn't give a damn whether or not you've purchased an ESP. However, if you're dumb enough to waste money on an ESP, go ahead and get the credit life and disability while you're at it. Slide some of that money my way, too. At least I can appreciate it.

------------------
'98 F150 XL Regular Cab, LWB, 4.2L V6, 5 Spd, 3.55 LS, Rhino Lining, factory heavy duty suspension, 3" Gibson Swept Side Cat Back, K&N filter, Oxford White minus the two tone garbage. BIG TIME FoMoCo p/u fan, not some fair weather hammerhead.

[This message has been edited by Ford man (edited 11-27-1999).]

Old 11-28-1999, 03:12 PM
Ford Man,

Hi, my name is dumbass,

I've purchased the ESP on three different vehicles, 2 Lincolns and my '98 F150.
My first Town Car I think I broke even on the price of the ESP. My second Town Car had numerous problems that I kept slamming away at the dealerships for repairs. They lost badly.
My warranty on my truck ran out 2 months ago and I will be having numerous repairs on it performed as soon as I can get a job site that keeps me at one locale for a while.
These include:
Yoke slip,
Rough idle,
Transmission shift problem,
Brakes modulating and locking up,
Extreme vibration at speeds higher than 75 mph,
Orange peel appearance of paint getiing worse,
and sooner or later the slap and crack problems the way this truck seems to be.

I don't think I'll be unhappy with my purchase of the ESP. When you travel you can't just drive back to the same shop you got something fixed at and tell them it isn't quite right yet. I CAN take it back to ANY Ford dealer and do that.

Thank you for your opinion,

Mark AKA dumbass

------------------
'98 XLT, 4.6L, SC, 4x2, 3.08,
Black, SB, Flareside,
ARE Tonneau,
Lined, [img]//www.myf150.com/images/other/markg.gif[/img]
Tinted,
Deflected,
Mini-Disced,
Amped JBL 4x100,
Subbed JBL 2x12,
K&Ned,
B-B-B-M-F
Goin' thru tires fast
not Superchipped yet
not Supertrucked yet

[This message has been edited by Mark G (edited 11-28-1999).]

Old 11-28-1999, 04:07 PM
Red face

It I had all those problems with Ford products itwould make me think twice before buying another one.
Don't get me wrong, I love my truck and all but if it or any other vehicle gives me a lot of trouble it has to go.
(That's why I bought a Ford and not Ch*vy)

Old 11-28-1999, 04:14 PM
Lightbulb

Ohh almost forgot, I would have lost on the ESP on my Nissan if I got it.
I wouldn't have even used it once unless it covers brake pads or other normal wear items.
This is why I didn't get ESP for my F150.
I hope my Ford is as reliable as my Nissan was.
But to each his own sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
If you do buy ESP make sure it is backed by Ford and not some no-name warranty company.
A friend of mine got a generic ESP on his Mazda Protege and nobody would honor the warranty.
Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Old 11-28-1999, 04:21 PM
Banned
If your vehicle is that junky that you need an ESP, I'd think about buying something else. Because, again, only a dumbass would throw money away on an ESP or continue to buy crappy cars. If the shoe fits, wear it, Mark. AAA memberships are a hell of a lot cheaper than a friggin' ESP.

------------------

Old 11-28-1999, 09:46 PM
Mark G,

I guess we'll have to start our own support group. We'll be simple and just call it "Dumbasses".

I'll also be the President of the club since I have a ESP on both the F150 and Expedition. I consider them (ESP's) to be "quasi" insurance policy.

I do believe in the Ford product but transmissions have been know to go out on numerous makes and models. I really don't want to kick down $2500 for a new tranny if it happens.

Oh ya 54, my last truck too was a Nissan. I never had a problem with it. My fiancee's 94 Pathfinder needed work done at 80K. It was about $3500 total on two different instances.
The ESP saved us that cash.

It's just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Down with Chevys --- up with miniskirts!!!

------------------
99 4x4 XLT supercab 5.4L Flareside, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Med. Graphite w/Captain Chairs, Pioneer DEP-4000, Tint, K&N, Bedliner, 3" Catback w/3 Chamber Flowmaster, 285/75/16 BFG A/T on American Racing Python wheels, Stull Billet Grill

'00 Expedition XLT, Silver w/Dark graphite interior, 5.4L, Stull Billet Grill and some other stuff. All in all she'll stay stock. Ok, maybe a Flowmaster 50 series soon.

Old 11-29-1999, 08:07 AM
Banned
You're still a dumbass for wasting money on that crap.

------------------

Old 11-29-1999, 01:15 PM
Smile

Hey Mark! Maybe if you buy a 4.2 you won't need an ESP!
Loser1, can I be VP?

------------------
'00 WHITE/GOLD F150 LARIAT FlareSide SC 5.4 Auto 3.55 LS
Black Westin Nerfs, White Prime Design BugShield,
White Vtech Taillight Covers, K&N Air Filter,
Leather Captain's Chairs (like a screen door in a submarine!),
and all the Lariat goodies
SOME SHOW and a LOTTA TOW
My am E, Fl *** Member of ??? Ford Group

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ESP