2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bambi Mod on 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bambi Mod on 2009

Has anybody tried to do the Bambi Mod on the 2009 F-150's? I want to do this, but not sure if it's the same as the 04-08's.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bambi Mod???

Old 05-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Lets you keep your fog lights on with the high beam on.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:57 AM
I am curious also to know if anyone has done this yet -

This is a definite on my to-do list - just haven't had the time to look at the fuse panel to see if it looks the same as the '08.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I hate it when people run their fog lights when there's no fog. Why on earth would you do that?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Barritia
I hate it when people run their fog lights when there's no fog. Why on earth would you do that?
because they don't give a flying flip about anyone but themselves...

I hate 'em too....and doubly hate them if they have high intensity bulbs in their head lights too boot...

makes me think of a story my father told me about an old timer who got pissed at people who wouldn't dim their high beams...supposedly this guy rigged up a landing light from a B-29 and whenever some dillhole blinded him, he blinded them back in spades

Old 05-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Funny, I always wonder about people who have vehicles who have fog lights and don't use them. They are not just for fog, but instead fill in the dead spots where the headlights omit to brighten things.

Trending Topics

Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Funny, I always wonder about people who have vehicles who have fog lights and don't use them. They are not just for fog, but instead fill in the dead spots where the headlights omit to brighten things.
All fogs do is lower the field of the light so that it dont bounce back and give you glare. They are no where near as bright as your headlights and your headlights if properly ajusted will make eveything clear that is need to be seen. Unless you look at the first 2-3ft of the road the headlights dont hit! There is no reason to runing fog lights when there's no fog other than thinking you look cool when doing it but everyone else things your a prat and wonder why you have your fog lights on.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Well to each his own then. I just think the vehicles looks incomplete with out fogs. I don't see how it really effects other drivers if like you say the light is not too intense and is output very low. I wouldn't say I look cool, just complete. I hope you don't take this as an argument, just stating my point on the topic for some friendly discussion

Old 05-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Well to each his own then. I just think the vehicles looks incomplete with out fogs. I don't see how it really effects other drivers if like you say the light is not too intense and is output very low. I wouldn't say I look cool, just complete. I hope you don't take this as an argument, just stating my point on the topic for some friendly discussion
Well this would be the case if every person who has them on, left them stock but 90% of the time i see someone with them on it's either a ricer with some unreal wattage fogs aimed right in your face or a truck with upgraded rally spec fogs lol. The times i do see a stock setup with them on they ain't really a bother unless they are pointing right are your angle of sight. Fogs ain't setup like headlights where they are a little lower for on coming traffic so you can get pretty much blinded at night if they hit you correctly. Especially non stock fogs. I aint taking it as a arguement. I just dont see the reason to running them unless needed. Especially with this Bambi mod which lets you keep your fogs on with high beam!! Guess you have never driven in fog with high beam on as you aint gonna see anything. The only thing this mod will gain you is a pissed of driver coming in another direction or someone in front of you.

Last edited by Barritia; 05-26-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 AM
The title of this mod is "bambi" for a reason -

I travel remote mountain roads on a daily basis and encounter many deer and elk.
The fog lights fill a void for me as in reaching over toward the shoulder or ditch of the road - I actually call mine "ditch lights".

The fog lights fill this void where the deer stand or ready to run across the road. So having my fogs stay on with my high beams really helps - especially when the high beams are on there is more of a void directly in front of the truck.

On the other hand, I agree with those who say that running the fog lights on a highway with heavy traffic is annoying - to that point I beilve these people are just trying to be more intimating to other vehicles.

So on my remote mountain roads, I will run my fogs, and will do the bambi mod so they stay on with my highs.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:47 AM
...Guess you have never driven in fog with high beam on as you aint gonna see anything. The only thing this mod will gain you is a pissed of driver coming in another direction or someone in front of you.
I have but only when I had my FX projectors properly aimed with 4300K HIDs in my ranger. That was the only time I ever actually was able to "cut" fog with my light. This was also on a back country road and I was not blinding anyone, but with that amount of lumens in a projector with pretty cutoffs, it worked fine. Totally different story though, lol. With the amount of crazies on the road I tend to try not to **** them off. But yeah back on topic...sorry to hijack

Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by stormtech
The title of this mod is "bambi" for a reason -

I travel remote mountain roads on a daily basis and encounter many deer and elk.
The fog lights fill a void for me as in reaching over toward the shoulder or ditch of the road - I actually call mine "ditch lights".

The fog lights fill this void where the deer stand or ready to run across the road. So having my fogs stay on with my high beams really helps - especially when the high beams are on there is more of a void directly in front of the truck.

On the other hand, I agree with those who say that running the fog lights on a highway with heavy traffic is annoying - to that point I beilve these people are just trying to be more intimating to other vehicles.

So on my remote mountain roads, I will run my fogs, and will do the bambi mod so they stay on with my highs.
Ditto on the "ditch lights"

Old 05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Okay, well I want it because I go offroading and want the most useable light I can get, so I have reason for it. And the mounted lights on a light bar look doesn't go well with my platinum, so I would prefer to just have the fogs on with the high beams.

Back to topic, anyone done it or checked if its the same?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Damn, i just wanted to know what Bambi Mod was....

Quick Reply: Bambi Mod on 2009