Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bambi Mod on 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Derff96963
SSCULLY, The problem here is that you somehow feel that being that I disagree with you that my opinion is less important....<snip>....
No it is not due to disagreeing with me, it is due to the fact someone wants to modify THEIR truck.
Your opinion does not mean squat when it comes to what someone else does, stop trying to convince members here what they should and should not do.

..<snip>....My point in posting what I did is to get people to think before they do this Mod. If someone reads all the posts and both sides of the argument and still does it, then that's their choice.....<snip>....
You are the one that started the debate. Not 1 member asked for an opinion on why they should not do it, the question was how to do it. That is all that was asked, and your pontifications just cluttered up what was a useful thread.

..<snip>....As far as wiring ability, no, I do not assume the average person will do it right. .....<snip>....
You obviously do not know what average is on this site then, you are dead wrong about this.

..<snip>.... Years ago I worked for a National Auto parts chain. .....<snip>....
This explains a lot

..<snip>.... After looking at your Schematic again...

To answer how I would do it to keep stock functionality you only need a SPDT switch and one Diode to stop from Back feeding the SJB when in Modified mode....blah blah blah....
In other words you are making it more complex than required for the function you are talking about ( and missing some important technical information on your little how to ), and do not know how to draw the diagram.
In short full of pontifications on why someone should not change THEIR truck, and how you can do it better. If you knew how to do it better, you should have posted that, not the rambling you have. Answer the question asked, not your own questions on the topic.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
No it is not due to disagreeing with me, it is due to the fact someone wants to modify THEIR truck.
Your opinion does not mean squat when it comes to what someone else does, stop trying to convince members here what they should and should not do.

You are the one that started the debate. Not 1 member asked for an opinion on why they should not do it, the question was how to do it. That is all that was asked, and your pontifications just cluttered up what was a useful thread.

You obviously do not know what average is on this site then, you are dead wrong about this.

This explains a lot

In other words you are making it more complex than required for the function you are talking about ( and missing some important technical information on your little how to ), and do not know how to draw the diagram.
In short full of pontifications on why someone should not change THEIR truck, and how you can do it better. If you knew how to do it better, you should have posted that, not the rambling you have. Answer the question asked, not your own questions on the topic.

So, you are saying that differing opinions are not allowed on this or any internet forum....

How does me working for an auto parts store years ago explain anything? What do you do that makes you so empowered to decide what average ability is?

What is missing on my writeup? If you have this great ability you talked abou you should understand what I typed. I didn't have time last night to draw a diagram, I actually have other things to do other than spend hours on the internet everyday, Its called work.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 AM

So, you are saying that differing opinions are not allowed on this or any internet forum.... ...<snip>....
You seem to be missing the point here, no member asked for an opinion on should they do the mod, they asked how to do the mod.
Some how you thought this was the green light for you to stand on a pulpit and preach about how they should do not it.
Do you get it this time, or are you going to yet again try to diverge away, and start another debate ?

I have said this each time, the question was "How do I do X" Your useless answer, don;t do X, and here is my opinion on why. Keep in mind you might have safety inspections, but your little part of the world is not the norm. In the Chicago Metro area the inspections start at 3/4 ton trucks. I have seen posts from members that do not have EPA inspections ( hence why I do not say someone should not remove their cats from the xhst system due to EPA inspections ).

...<snip>....How does me working for an auto parts store years ago explain anything? What do you do that makes you so empowered to decide what average ability is?...<snip>....
On this site ? 8 years of dealing with 1000 of members.
This is what we are talking about average (this site), not the world, or your subset of x number of people.
Do your 10 months o membership qualify you to say what is average ?

...<snip>....What is missing on my writeup? If you have this great ability you talked abou you should understand what I typed. ...<snip>....
Lets start with the sizing of the diodes, your "right way" of doing the mod vs my not the right way, you left out the size required for at least 1 of the diodes. The continuation for the other right way, you left out the switch amp rating.

The directions you gave are not for the average person.
This is what we are talking about. I understood what you were doing, else my statement about doing it the hard way was just an opinion, and served no useful purpose. That is not why I posted that, it was to show you are not giving directions for the average person.

I see now why you say people hack stuff up, your directions are vague ( the switch terminals are not always numbered the same way ) and you leave off technical specs. If this is how you gave directions at the auto parts store, and then they came back with what you call a hack job, could be the directions were not clear enough for the average person to follow ?

...<snip>....I didn't have time last night to draw a diagram, I actually have other things to do other than spend hours on the internet everyday, Its called work.
You sure have time to tell people they should not be doing a modification ( 6 posts on just that, not counting this digression ).....and no time to give directions for the average person to understand and follow though....why is it you don't have time to really help someone, but all sorts of time to chastise them ?
You could not have drawn your "right way" of doing the modification in that amount of time.
You are not the only one with a job, but others with jobs find time to help members here (then again they are not preaching about why someone should not do something).

Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by D8Chumley
OK, heres my take. I use my "driving" lights when I am driving to work at 4 am mostly for the visibility although it be minimal, but also I run them so the jerks that flash their hi-beams at me might be able to figure out if I have my "driving" lights on, I do NOT have my hi-beams on. These headlights must be pretty bright as I have at least one vehicle a day that gives me the hi-beam flash as they think I have mine on, which I don't. THAT annoys me much more than anyone running with their "driving" lights on, especially when they blind me with their hi-beams! Just my .02
D8, do you have a leveling kit. Your truck looks like it is pretty level compared to most. And I do love that color. (Reminds me of my 05.) If you do, then a headlight adjustment might help the bright lights into the oncoming traffic situation.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by expy03
D8, do you have a leveling kit. Your truck looks like it is pretty level compared to most. And I do love that color. (Reminds me of my 05.) If you do, then a headlight adjustment might help the bright lights into the oncoming traffic situation.
Yes sir I do, 2", and the lights were adjusted. I'm thinking about going with AirLift airbags for the rear (future towing needs) instead of an AAL or block, that will help me also if I give it a little rake back. I believe its just the time of the morning I drive, and when your eyes are adjusted to the dark and suddenly a vehicle appears over the crest of a hill they probably appear to be on. Theres not alot of traffic on the road at 4 am. I have passed a few new F150s and the lights are pretty bright. Thanks, I love it also, don't see many in that color around here. My wife is actually the one that picked it. Some day I hope it looks as good as WayneBroms https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...4x4-screw.html Sorry for the hijack.

Last edited by D8Chumley; 09-18-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:12 AM
You seem to be missing the point here, no member asked for an opinion on should they do the mod, they asked how to do the mod.
So lets see if someone asked you how to add a 500w amp to their truck and didn't mention if they are replacing the speakers would you not at least ask if they were or what kind of speakers they were using?

If they then said they didn't have the money and weren't replacing the stock speakers, would you not tell them that's a bad Idea, to wait till they can?

Fogs and high beams on at the same time are illegal in most states. That is the norm, apparently where you live isn't. You don't need inspections either to get caught since this is an infraction you can be pulled over for.

Lets start with the sizing of the diodes, your "right way" of doing the mod vs my not the right way, you left out the size required for at least 1 of the diodes. The continuation for the other right way, you left out the switch amp rating.

The directions you gave are not for the average person.
This is what we are talking about. I understood what you were doing, else my statement about doing it the hard way was just an opinion, and served no useful purpose. That is not why I posted that, it was to show you are not giving directions for the average person.
Does your diagram tell them what size wire to use? So I can use #22 wire right? I have a big roll it it, Usually use it for communication cable but you don't say what size to use.....

You also don't say what rating for the relays or the fuse???

Here is my point here. If someone was not able to fill in the blanks of the switch terminal labels (since most have the diagram right on the side) or diode rating they fall into the category of should not be attempting this or any electrical mod.

The Number one source of ignition in all vehicle fires is wiring. Something not to be taken lightly.

There are many so called professionals that should not be touching the wiring in a vehicle. I have rewired two remote starters one for a coworker and one for a friend that had been professionally done and both quit working within a year due to bad connections.

Once of them quit working after only 4 months. They used wire taps (which I don't like) and didn't at least tape the wires back for strain relief and one of them broke. Two others were just about to break.

I am always willing to help people when its a good idea, Wiring is a touchy subject as I have stated above. You need to know what you are doing. Just because you made the connections and it worked doesn't mean its done right. Not exercising care in how you make connections will make all the difference.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:02 PM

So lets see if someone asked you how to add a 500w amp to their truck and didn't mention if they are replacing the speakers would you not at least ask if they were or what kind of speakers they were using?...<snip>...
Here you go changing the topic again to continue the debate.
In your example, that is a fact of the modification, not an opinion.
In your case you would answer, "you should not install a 500W amo because..." Nice try, but this started with the question is how do I do x, not should I do X ( which the latter is what you post about )

...<snip>....Fogs and high beams on at the same time are illegal in most states. That is the norm, apparently where you live isn't. You don't need inspections either to get caught since this is an infraction you can be pulled over for....<snip>...
For the 3rd time, not my concern.
The question was "how do I keep my fog lamps on at all times". Stop answering your own question, and not the members. You really love a good debate, and will do anything to continue this, don't you ?

...<snip>....Does your diagram tell them what size wire to use? So I can use #22 wire right? blah blah blah........<snip>...
So no answer why you have all sorts of time for a debate and standing on your soap box, but when it comes to helping members you all of a sudden run out of time.... Figures.
Now you are just being stupid with this type of reply. The Average member on this site already understands this part. Good try at changing the subject again. Your directions are not that clear, they need help without a diagram.

...<snip>....I am always willing to help people when its a good idea,....<snip>...
You really mean when it is a modification that you would do yourself, else the member needs to be talked out of it.

...<snip>...Wiring is a touchy subject as I have stated above. You need to know what you are doing. Just because you made the connections and it worked doesn't mean its done right. Not exercising care in how you make connections will make all the difference.
As I stated above, you have no idea what the average member is capable of on this site, so you deem them too stupid to under take the task themselves.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:02 PM
SSCULLY, its almost comical reading your responses and attempting to evade my questions.

"How do I" or "Should I" Why does that really matter? If someone reading this thread is not concerned with my reasons not to and still does it, good for them. If they rethink it and don't do it thats fine too. I don't gain anything either way except knowing someone at least made an informed decision. Why are you so against information? Are you worried they won't do your suggestion because of something I said?

How is my example of a 500W amp so different? You can use a 500W amp on the stock speakers. You better not turn the volume **** up over a few clicks which makes it a bad idea but you can do it. I want you to answer honestly if you would at least ask them what speakers they were using or would you just assume they know that and not mention it?

I know you don't care its Illegal to do this mod. However others reading it might, so why can't you just leave it at that.

Why are you now back pedaling on the current ratings? You jumped on me for not giving switch and Diode Ratings? How are wire, relay, and fuse ratings any different? You didn't supply those in your diagram. Why the double standard?

You are also the one keeping this exchange going. I made my point I was not going to continue to post in this thread until you jumped back in.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 PM
ok guys this thread is five pages long, and four of them are nothing but a ****ing argument. lets end the pissing contest and go on with life

Old 09-19-2010, 10:59 AM

SSCULLY, its almost comical reading your responses and attempting to evade my questions. ...<snip>...
You mean the questions you use to avoid the fact that you do not approve of this modification and you will not help members due to thinking it is not a good idea, and then continue with the "hacking up wiring" comments as another route to try to get members not to do it ?
Yes you caught me, staying on the topic of you do not approve of the modification and will use any argument to make this point.

..<snip>...."How do I" or "Should I" Why does that really matter? ...<snip>...
Because it is not answering the question in the thread. That was the point I was making, and you seem to have 6 posts ( aside from this ) of why you feel it should not be done.

..<snip>....How is my example of a 500W amp so different? ...<snip>...
Is this example, you are helping the member, which is not what you are doing in this thread. In this thread you toss any argument out to try to get a member not to do the modification. Which ( 2nd time ) would be more along the lines of the answer you should not do the 500 A modification because....
Get it yet ?
..<snip>....I know you don't care its Illegal to do this mod. However others reading it might, so why can't you just leave it at that. ...<snip>...
Why can't you let the member make up their own mind, and worry about the laws in their location ? It is just another route you are using ( along with not easy, and hacking up wiring and the blinding comments ) to try to talk members out of a modification ( your posts 1 through 6 in this thread ).
Find it rather odd that you have no clue what the beam pattern of a fog lamp is.
..<snip>...Why are you now back pedaling on the current ratings? You jumped on me for not giving switch and Diode Ratings? How are wire, relay, and fuse ratings any different? You didn't supply those in your diagram. Why the double standard?...<snip>...
2nd time ( as a lot of things with you ) the average member has the wire size part down, as a base line. Stop implying the average member here is too stupid to know this, it is rather insulting to the general membership here.
The switch would be a friendly reminder to read the package, so I will say that is redundant information, but pointing out the diode sizing would be required ( not a common item, and your complex direction put it in a place that sizing was important ).

..<snip>...You are also the one keeping this exchange going. I made my point I was not going to continue to post in this thread until you jumped back in.
I "jumped in" to correct your incorrect statement that this was not easy ( because you make it not easy ) and it would be hacking up the wiring.
You took this as the green light to get back up on your soap box to talk people out of the modification. I correct an incorrect statement.

...<snip>... I actually have other things to do other than spend hours on the internet everyday, Its called work.
Still don't have time to help members with the "right way" of doing this by posting a diagram, but all sorts of time to banter about why they should not do the modification.
Should not shock me, you did admit you only help when you approve of what they are doing, else you try to talk them out of it (by posting incorrect information and conjecture).

Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by drew416
ok guys this thread is five pages long, and four of them are nothing but a ****ing argument. lets end the pissing contest and go on with life
I would like to but I find Sscully's responses too amusing.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Sscully, Are you even reading what I am saying? Or just the first sentence of every paragraph that you are quoting. I think if you read the rest, my thoughts are quite clear.

You keep saying I am not answering the question of the thread, like I don't know that. Where is it it the rules of this forum you cannot discuss why not just how? I think this mod is a bad idea, since it has no real benefit... I know, not news to, however why does it matter do you? You don't agree, that's fine with me. Anyone reading this can choose what they believe. They at least have the ability to make a proper decision as to whether they feel this mod is worth it to them. Again I ask why you are against information?

Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 AM

Sscully, Are you even reading what I am saying? Or just the first sentence of every paragraph that you are quoting. I think if you read the rest, my thoughts are quite clear.

You keep saying I am not answering the question of the thread, like I don't know that. Where is it it the rules of this forum you cannot discuss why not just how? I think this mod is a bad idea, since it has no real benefit... I know, not news to, however why does it matter do you? You don't agree, that's fine with me. Anyone reading this can choose what they believe. They at least have the ability to make a proper decision as to whether they feel this mod is worth it to them. Again I ask why you are against information?
Now that you have admitted in your opinion this this modification is a bad idea, you will not help the members with it, and it is your self imposed task to talk members out of spending their money on their truck, we are good.
You go 1 step further with making it sound too complex to do, damaging to the truck, and quoting laws that may or may not apply. In general opinions, with some mis-information tossed in.

I do not have an opinion on the modification, so how can I disagree with your opinion. I have posted the entire time, the question asked in the thread is "How do I do X", answer that or you are just post whoring / thread crapping ( which this thread turned into long before I corrected you post on how hard it is to do ). You admit that you are just thread crapping, and offing no help to the members of the site. No rule against thread crapping, but forum etiquette says not to do it. I would have thought you figured that out in the past 10 months, guess not.

I am all for information, when it is based in fact, not when based in opinion and mis-information ( that is the not easy to do, and against the law part ).

Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
damn, sorry you asked LOL!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:06 PM
So, did anyone figure out this mod?

Quick Reply: Bambi Mod on 2009