2007 Lariat Spercrew retail

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations with the new truck
may she be good to you

Old 05-15-2011, 03:20 PM
hes doing an autospring or something because the bilsteins ride a little more rough.

darren, on my 07 lariat, the 1.5 as left the front just a little bit lower than the rear, by about a half inch. the 2 will make it sit dead even. i just wanted the back a little bit higher becuase i hate it when tthe back is lower when pulling stuff. since i pull my waverunner allot i like it being a little bit higher in the back.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Thanks man! Yeah I wasn't going to for awhile, but it had a couple issues I did not want to deal with, I don't like the thought of putting a lot into a truck when I won't gain much out of it later. But, the old truck SOLD 24 HRS after trade. So someone sure wanted it.

I removed the chrome bug shield 3hrs after I got it home. According to the MSRP sheet it was a $120 option. Eek, I'd rather it be $126 in the trash can .

I took pics earlier, will post them a bit later. Also ordered Weathertech DigiFit mats, can't wait. Cause I do not want this beautiful carpet dirtied up.
with $120 alot of clean things can be done but not clingy

somebody wanted the truck bad! they probably didn't think twice about it too

Weathertechs will soon be on my list also the mats i bought from advanced auto are not the best and the one in my side is starting to show significant signs of wear:o

so magnapack on this one? it's been 5,600 miles since i had my exhaust done and it's becoming very noticeable then before or i'm starting to get annoyed by the drone, and i don't even have hiflows, altho the crackle and pop at high decelelaration is awesome

Old 05-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
any reason your not going with bilsteins again other than price?
Price isn't a hassle, as fivespeed said I just don't want that super stiff off road feeling suspension back. Its firm feel was nice at times, but daily driving it wasn't the best. This truck drives much more comfortable with the Motorcraft strut/shocks and the leather is nice too.

Originally Posted by fine_style150
with $120 alot of clean things can be done but not clingy

somebody wanted the truck bad! they probably didn't think twice about it too

Weathertechs will soon be on my list also the mats i bought from advanced auto are not the best and the one in my side is starting to show significant signs of wear:o

so magnapack on this one? it's been 5,600 miles since i had my exhaust done and it's becoming very noticeable then before or i'm starting to get annoyed by the drone, and i don't even have hiflows, altho the crackle and pop at high decelelaration is awesome
. Says it was a dealer installed option, eek, ugly option imo . I'm just glad after 3.5yrs of being on the truck since Oct 2007 it did not damage the lip of the hood any.

Yeah I think I will try the 3" single with Magnapack, then Y piped 2.5" tails. Stock cats until I decide I want louder. Will sound similar to 08FX4's old white 08 listed below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZh1vav2fZ0

I really dig the sound and tone. Perfect opportunity to finally try a Magnapack.

I also got the MSRP sheet for this truck, along with all of the ordiginal cards on the dash from brand new, explaining the digital climate, audiophile, air bags... Really really sweet.

MSRP sheet pictures.
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/101_1152.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/101_1153.jpg

Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed
hes doing an autospring or something because the bilsteins ride a little more rough.

darren, on my 07 lariat, the 1.5 as left the front just a little bit lower than the rear, by about a half inch. the 2 will make it sit dead even. i just wanted the back a little bit higher becuase i hate it when tthe back is lower when pulling stuff. since i pull my waverunner allot i like it being a little bit higher in the back.
Thats cool, something to keep in mind. I never tow anymore or haul much, maybe the 2" will be fine for me. The 2" on my '04 did lean the front down some from the AAL and higher 04/05 rear.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Looking good Darren

Old 05-15-2011, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Looking good Darren
Thanks man, will be even better in a couple weeks. Weathertech floor liners ordered, and 20% tint kit going to be ordered via Northern Tint Co. I seen on your one pic comment on Facebook you were considering doing it yourself, well before you go have any shop do it wait for me to get my kit in. I will be filming my install and posting it up to prove it isn't a horrid task with proper preparation and to save some DIY guys some serious bucks. Northern Tint also has a full range of tutorials and prep tools. I have been tinting since age 16 back when I used Gila film from Autozone and a surgical blade. Northern Tint makes it 60% easier.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 PM

No problem bud and Most def I will wait until you get it done. I just want to match my factory rear tint, but I am not sure of the % it is so I'll have to figure that out

Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 PM

Oh and those liners are very nice! My middle brother has them in his '10, great fitment and quality

Old 05-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

New pics from Saturday morning 5/14/11.

I just read the thread from beginning to end. I am reminded why I have no desire to put bigg off road tires or lifts on my truck, they do steer and ride and drive better when it's a designed package. Taller, heavier wheels and tires increase unsprung weight and take more power to start rolling and to stop once started.

Many here will suggest mods like black out looks, leveling kits, PTM bumpers .... but if you can keep a black truck looking good, NOTHING will look as good as chrome bumpers and trim on that truck. That is a sharp looking truck that will turn heads now .... it turned your's. Even the red tails look good on shiney black. The chrome sets it off.

Black it out, go PTM bumpers .... and it looses it's "POP". The chrome makes the "POP" on a black truck. Not too much, it can be overdone .... but you are a long way from that.

That truck would look super with a 2" drop in back IMHO. Dual exhaust, chrome tips, and I'll even say that chrome lower kick covers would stretch the truck and give it a lower / longer look. Lowered in back to near level and a set maybe wider, same height tires ... it would really look great.

I paid $25K for my '07 in August 2009 with 25K on it. I looked at 100 trucks if I looked at one. After the great $4500 clunker rip off, prices on used PUs actually climbed. I recall some of those painted up at dealers back lots, some nioce looking rolling stock went to scrappers. They still ask mid $20K for a nice '07 around here. There's a '07 4X4 at our local Ford dealer recently with Leer cap which was marked $24K and no sun roof or leather. Your's has most of what comes on a Lariat or FX4.

You did "OK"!

Last edited by tbear853; 05-15-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Oh and those liners are very nice! My middle brother has them in his '10, great fitment and quality
Good to know .

On the '04 I was about to order a 35% front door kit because I wanted it a bit darker. I may do the same on this truck depending how much it darkens things. I dislike the smaller doors on the Supercrew/Reg cabs compared to the Supercab doors, but I feel between that, and the black leather interior, the 20% may be just fine.Along with a curved edge 5% brow stripe.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853
I just read the thread from beginning to end. I am reminded why I have no desire to put bigg off road tires or lifts on my truck, they do steer and ride and drive better when it's a designed package. Taller, heavier wheels and tires increase unsprung weight and take more power to start rolling and to stop once started.

many here will suggest mods like black out looks, leveling kits, PTM bumpers .... but if you can keep a black truck looking good, NOTHING will look as good as chrome bumpers and trim on that truck. That is a sharp looking truck that wil turn heads, even the red tails look good on shiney black. The chrome sets it off.

Black it ouit, go PTM bumpers .... and it looses it's "POP". The chrome makes the "POP" on a black truck. Not too much, it can be overdone .... but you are a long way from that.

That truck would look super witha 2" drop in back IMHO. Dual exhaust, chrome tips, and I'll even say that chrome lower kick covers would stretch the truck and give it a low / long look.

Lowered in back to near level and a set maybe wider, same height tires ... it would really look great.

I paid $25K for my '07 in August 2009 with 25K on it. I looked at 100 trucks if I looked at one. After the great $4500 clunker rip off, prices on used PUs actually climbed. I recall some of those painted up at dealers back lots, some nioce looking rolling stock went to scrappers. They still ask mid $20K for a nice '07 around here. There's a '07 4X4 at our local Ford dealer recently with Leer cap which was marked $24K and no sun roof or leather. Your's has much if not all of what comes on a Lariat or FX4.

You did "OK"!
Thank you very very much . I too feel that this is one truck chrome really shows off well on. As far as lowering the rear, thatisn't really my style,I would rather level the front 2". I would like to put my black Monsters on after high gas season but idk, might look out of place. May end up getting a more chrome wheel, like the Moto Metal 851, or the Mazzi Hulks. But I am not sure yet. I will also have a minor issue, this truck has TPMS, and my 04's 20X XDs do not.. hmm. I want to blacken it some more, an still hoping I don't take the leap for the murdered black out look. I think PTM handle buckets and the chrome grab handles, and 09 badges, would look superb.

I am still happy with the silent exhaust, however, the thought of getting my exhaust ideas planned out is kicking in and it will be time for a new hum soon. Not true dualing this one this time, I feel the low end performance is much healthier with a single kit, the stress of the true duals and 33s are more than likely what strained my '04s transmission to skipping some.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Red face

... etc ...
I dislike the smaller doors on the Supercrew/Reg cabs compared to the Supercab doors
... etc ...
I guess I've been in a cave, untill just now I never realised that. Read your post, looked at pics of your Screw and my Scab from side ..... your right!

I knew the Screw with 5.5 bed was 6" shorter than a Scab with 6.5. I also knew my 6'3" BIL said back seat had enough room for him. If the bed is 12" shorter, but the OAL is only 6" shorter, that means a Screw cab is only about 6" lonnger than a Scab.

But then ..... on the other hand, you with a Screw have a post between the doors and a more "rigid" feel to the doors maybe?

Anyway .... Congrats again.

edit add:

I think a SI/DO with a decent muffler (or indecent like mine wiith another indecent in front of it as I added to kill drone) makes a little mellow tone that to me, just asdds some enjoyment on those cruises. I agree, black wheels on that truck, like black bumpers would kill it. I too think the '09 badging would be great .... I've been seriously thinking of doing '09 badging on mine .... they look great.

If you were to raise the front 2", you'ld need some taller rubber on those wheels, something to kill gap. I personally don't mind "rake" in my pickup, it means it only levels out with a load instead of "draggin'butt".

Last edited by tbear853; 05-15-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Suspended
I will also have a minor issue, this truck has TPMS, and my 04's 20X XDs do not.. hmm.
do the f150's use valve stem tpms's?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853
I guess I've been in a cave, untill just now I never realised that. Read your post, looked at pics of your Screw and my Scab from side ..... your right!

I knew the Screw with 5.5 bed was 6" shorter than a Scab with 6.5. I also knew my 6'3" BIL said back seat had enough room for him. If the bed is 12" shorter, but the OAL is only 6" shorter, that means a Screw cab is only about 6" lonnger than a Scab.

But then ..... on the other hand, you with a Screw have a post between the doors and a more "rigid" feel to the doors maybe?

Anyway .... Congrats again.
we learn something everyday. What is QAL? means the cab I am presuming but what does that term stand for? Yes that is another thing with my old truck, the right rear door rattled on bumps unless it was shut in a specific way, by your hand closing it by the top fully on the latch area.

Nope, its a band wrapped around the inside rim.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure they strap on the rim down in the well?

Mine has them on the '20s but I haven't had a tire broken down yet. Pretty sure NOT in valve stems.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lariat Spercrew retail