2004 - 2008 F-150

Rafa26, Transmission Broke Today !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet.. this is my time to get my hands on a new, higher stall converter for my truck!

LOL.

I'm anxious to see rafa run his truck at the track. I wanna see how that HP relates to E.T.s.

Sidenote: I've spoken with you before about building a converter for me dirtydog. How much do you think a higher stall conveter will help me with my ETs? PM me to not steal this thread. Thanks Man!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Sweet.. this is my time to get my hands on a new, higher stall converter for my truck!

LOL.

I'm anxious to see rafa run his truck at the track. I wanna see how that HP relates to E.T.s.

Sidenote: I've spoken with you before about building a converter for me dirtydog. How much do you think a higher stall conveter will help me with my ETs? PM me to not steal this thread. Thanks Man!
As always these things can vary. Going to a converter like the one I built intentionally for this truck I would expect to see about half a second drop in overall ET.
Alan

Old 04-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by assasinator
RAFA , dirty dog is the one i was sending you to on tccoa.net.
Bill i know that DirtyDog is the man and builds wonderful torque converters and his friend Darrin from BC Automotive builds "REAL BULLET PROOF" 4R75W transmissions.
Gregg from Factory Tech promissed me a 3 plate converter and asked Alan to build one for me but he didn't pay Alan until today and then Alan didn't ship it to me. That's not Alan's fault, he needs his money first.
I can not afford to throw the monster box tranny and TC that i have in the trash because i paid almost $3000K for it and buy another one from Alan and his friend Darrin. I would like to do that if i could return my Monster Box and TC to Jasper get my core and get reimbursed.

Then my only option now is to use Jasper's warranty and have them install another tranny and single plate TC and see if they "WILL LIKE $$$" to replace my transmission every month(because i think their transmission won't handle my truck HP) or if they will build a "REAL STRONG ONE" to do the job or they will FINALLY give up swapping trannies and will offer my money back and my core.

Last edited by rafa26; 04-26-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Just an update guys:

There is a big chance that the truck will be done tomorrow and next week i will be taking it to JDM to push the envelope and get a new street tune with around 16-18psi .
Hoping to get very close to 700RWHP on a 93 octane tune.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by rafa26
Just an update guys:

There is a big chance that the truck will be done tomorrow and next week i will be taking it to JDM to push the envelope and get a new street tune with around 16-18psi .
Hoping to get very close to 700RWHP on a 93 octane tune.
Ya know, I'm almost curious as to how much power you will produce with a high octane race fuel tune....

Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I needed to edit this because I think it broke the rules on advertising. I don't know for sure though, but better safe than sorry.

Darrin

Last edited by Darrin Burch; 04-27-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Nice to meet you Darrin,

Then my only option now is to use Jasper's warranty and have them install another tranny and single plate TC and see if they "WILL LIKE $$$" to replace my transmission every month(because i think their transmission won't handle my truck HP) or if they will build a "REAL STRONG ONE" to do the job or they will FINALLY give up swapping trannies and will offer my money back and my core.

If the new tranny being installed now breaks again and they reimburse me i will more than happy to buy a tranny from you and a TC from Alan.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Nice to meet you Darrin,

If the new tranny being installed now breaks again and they reimburse me i will more than happy to buy a tranny from you and a TC from Alan.
From what I hear, if patience is shown on all sides, there is an awesome deal for you that may go through if everyone that is potentially involved works together.

Its all in what you want.

Darrin

Old 04-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Darrin Burch
From what I hear, if patience is shown on all sides, there is an awesome deal for you that may go through if everyone that is potentially involved works together.

Its all in what you want.

Darrin
Darrin i don't really know what do you mean by saying that. All that i know is that if i want your tranny and Alan's converter on my truck i will have to open my wallet and pay for a new converter and tranny again. I can not afford removing the Monster Box tranny and converter put it in my garage and don't see the $$$ back that i paid and then have to pay for another one.

If i didn't have bought the Monster Box already i would have buy the tranny and TC from you and Alan for sure!
If you have something different in mind please let me know.

Last edited by rafa26; 04-27-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I think too many details are being put out into the open here as it is and I don't want to start any hassle with the people that run this site.

Can you get with Alan and get my contact info so that we can discuss this other than here in a thread?

Thanks
Darrin

Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Darrin Burch
I think too many details are being put out into the open here as it is and I don't want to start any hassle with the people that run this site.

Can you get with Alan and get my contact info so that we can discuss this other than here in a thread?

Thanks
Darrin
Sent you an email, did you get it ?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Darrin i don't really know what do you mean by saying that. All that i know is that if i want your tranny and Alan's converter on my truck i will have to open my wallet and pay for a new converter and tranny again. I can not afford removing the Monster Box tranny and converter put it in my garage and don't see the $$$ back that i paid and then have to pay for another one.

If i didn't have bought the Monster Box already i would have buy the tranny and TC from you and Alan for sure!
If you have something different in mind please let me know.
For the record as it appears I am trying to sell you something to others on the board. I never offered to SELL you anything.You even offered money to me for the converter and I refused it because I knew under those conditions you would not get your money back. We spoke of something completely different. We did discuss myself and a couple others making it your way to fix the truck properly. MONEY was never put into the equation!
Alan

Old 04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
For the record as it appears I am trying to sell you something to others on the board. I never offered to SELL you anything.You even offered money to me for the converter and I refused it because I knew under those conditions you would not get your money back. We spoke of something completely different. We did discuss myself and a couple others making it your way to fix the truck properly. MONEY was never put into the equation!
Alan
Alan if my statement is wrong that means i misunderstood you and i apologize for that.

The best thing we can do from now is to communicate by email and keep it private.
Thanks,
Rafael.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Truck is up again guys, will try to schedule an appointment with JDM for next week for the "REAL STREET TUNE".

Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dumb question here... hear me out...

Why do several of your posts start out with "Rafa26"? Examples

Quick Reply: Rafa26, Transmission Broke Today !!!