2004 - 2008 F-150

Rafa26, Transmission Broke Today !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripped1
IF you read the manual for your F-150 there is NO manufacturer recomended break-in for your truck.
Actually the manual states you aren't suppose to pull a trailer for the first 1000 miles .... but it's more for breaking in the diff then the engine.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
this engine was "broken in" when JDM took it to redline and hit 540 hp...no need to baby it now...

Old 04-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by mcdover
I would hope not! I'm assuming that this is part of the warranty, right? What are you going to do with that $1000 PI converter?
I ordered the PI to JDM but when Gregg told me that he could build a 3 plate for me i asked JDM if they could sell mine and they said ok.

Last edited by rafa26; 04-20-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jessem
Sorry RAFA
OFF TOPIC...RMS8:
What elevation is the drag strip you run you car at? What engine block are you using? I thought in another post you stated it was a 347CI, what heads are you running? Is that just a Accel or Edlebrock EFI kit? What compression?
You can see everything about my truck here :

I don't know the elevation in Hatboro-PA.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...rafa26+project

Old 04-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Without a stall and stock trans.. I pulled a best short time of 1.93 seconds. I KNOW FATHERFORD's truck will do better.

I'd love to keep throwing money at my truck, but I have my mind set on a stang now. Just waiting for the right one to roll around.

RAFA.. I can't wait till you get everything buttoned up and runnin good. Get some videos from the track too Nice build up!

Old 04-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Want to see the truck done !

Last edited by Virilha; 04-21-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Without a stall and stock trans.. I pulled a best short time of 1.93 seconds. I KNOW FATHERFORD's truck will do better.

I'd love to keep throwing money at my truck, but I have my mind set on a stang now. Just waiting for the right one to roll around.

RAFA.. I can't wait till you get everything buttoned up and runnin good. Get some videos from the track too Nice build up!
What was your 1/4 mile time, mph, and how much hp are you pushing to the wheels? I know what you mean about a Mustang. The fever hit me back last summer and I ended up flying to Missouri at the last minute to pick up a GT500. Currently debating on an aftermarket blower. Eaton's got a new one coming out that's a roots/screw hybrid. Called a "TVS".

Old 04-22-2007, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by rafa26
McDover Gregg Evans will build a 3 plate for me. Do you think that he will give me a bad one to burn his name ????
I have already built this converter I guarantee I will not give you a bad one to burn anybodies name. I have been waiting to reply to this thread because I am supposed to inspect the converter clutch that was supposedly destroyed. I cannot reply either way on the condition of it at this time as I have not yet seen it. Don't worry about that. I have the shipping address and I will be sending it out as soon as Gregg gets back with me about it.
Alan

Old 04-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
I have already built this converter I guarantee I will not give you a bad one to burn anybodies name. I have been waiting to reply to this thread because I am supposed to inspect the converter clutch that was supposedly destroyed. I cannot reply either way on the condition of it at this time as I have not yet seen it. Don't worry about that. I have the shipping address and I will be sending it out as soon as Gregg gets back with me about it.
Alan

Alan,

I'm confused. Why is the "Total Domination" converter, that is mandatory with the purchase of MB tranny, constructed in a way that it is the weak link? I would think the reason most people are buying this transmission is due to the high hp and tq that their motors are producing and the reputation that this tranny will hold high hp and tq. Seems crazy to beef up the tranny and put on a converter that can't handle the power. No offense intended. I know you make quality stuff, just don't understand why Factory Tech would do this.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:27 AM
McDover Gregg Evans will build a 3 plate for me. Do you think that he will give me a bad one to burn his name ????
When i said that i was being sarcastic with Mcdover, i meant that Gregg Evans would never put his name and credibility in something bad.

Alan
I imagine that you are the guy who built the 3 plate converter for me per Gregg Evans request right.
If the converter is already built and ready for shippment "I WILL APPRECIATE" if you ship it next day delivery tomorrow as my truck has the appointment scheduled for tuesday 24th for the transmission swap. I am going to JDM tomorrow to get the new tranny sent by Jasper and bring to Philadelphia because the transmission swap must be done here because my truck does not have 3rd gear and i can't drive 80 miles with it like that.

"PLEASE ONE MORE TIME, IF THE TORQUE CONVERTER IS ALREADY BUILT SHIP IT NEXT DAY DELIVERY TOMORROW, IF GREGG EVANS DOES NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THE SHIPMENT I WILL PAY. THIS TRANSMISSION GAVE ME A LOT OF PROBLEMS SO FAR AND I COUDN'T ENJOY MY TRUCK YET AFTER 8 MONTHS OF WAIT."

Thanks a lot,
Rafael Naves.

Last edited by rafa26; 04-22-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
New MonsterBox tranny and torque converter will be installed tomorrow in Philadelphia by a Jasper preferred installer. Let's see if i get more lucky with this one.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
When i said that i was being sarcastic with Mcdover, i meant that Gregg Evans would never put his name and credibility in something bad.

I imagine that you are the guy who built the 3 plate converter for me per Gregg Evans request right.
If the converter is already built and ready for shippment "I WILL APPRECIATE" if you ship it next day delivery tomorrow as my truck has the appointment scheduled for tuesday 24th for the transmission swap. I am going to JDM tomorrow to get the new tranny sent by Jasper and bring to Philadelphia because the transmission swap must be done here because my truck does not have 3rd gear and i can't drive 80 miles with it like that.

"PLEASE ONE MORE TIME, IF THE TORQUE CONVERTER IS ALREADY BUILT SHIP IT NEXT DAY DELIVERY TOMORROW, IF GREGG EVANS DOES NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THE SHIPMENT I WILL PAY. THIS TRANSMISSION GAVE ME A LOT OF PROBLEMS SO FAR AND I COUDN'T ENJOY MY TRUCK YET AFTER 8 MONTHS OF WAIT."

Thanks a lot,
Rafael Naves.

RAFA , dirty dog is the one i was sending you to on tccoa.net.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Just to update the thread I never shipped the converter. It's built and boxed,but I cannot afford to pay for it. Guess I'm just sitting on it now.
Alan

Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Suspended
Just to update the thread I never shipped the converter. It's built and boxed,but I cannot afford to pay for it. Guess I'm just sitting on it now.
Alan
What do you mean you can't afford to pay for it?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
What do you mean you can't afford to pay for it?
Well believe it or not I'm not the weathiest man in the world. Certainly not enough to take responsibilty for something that was not mine. I didn't sell the transmission. I didn't build the original converter. I have no ties to the transaction originally. Jasper built the transmission and converter for it and are responsible for the warranty. I was told to build a converter for the truck, I did. There was some confusion and I built the wrong converter so I realized it and built the right converter. I never got paid so I never shipped. Jasper sent a replacement at no cost to the customer. I will keep the multiplate unit I built for it for now.
Alan

Quick Reply: Rafa26, Transmission Broke Today !!!