What gas station has best quality 87 ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post What gas station has best quality 87 ??

Just wondering where I should fill up for gas. Just got truck and was wondering who has the best quality of fuel texaco,shell, ect?

------------------
2001 F-150 5.4L trition,
Regular cab with 8' bed
XLT with Black Clearcoat
4x4 3.55 limited slip
factory cab steps
class III tow package
Factory ordered: 12/5
recieved: 2/22

Old 02-22-2001, 09:27 PM
I happened to meet a guy who works for one of the refineries here. He was saying that quality wise, P-66 always gets the best. Wallyworld and Sams buys the cheapest $$$ also equating to the lower quality. He recommended that unless you really have to pinch don't go WW or sams, get the P-66.
D-shamrock and C-K get the middle of the road.

------------------
Dr.(wife says i'm spoiled) Jones.
2000 F-150 5.4L
AUTO,SC-sb 4x4-XLT, 3.55LS, 8.8 front- 9.75 rear, sidesteps, sprayed in liner, 17"wheels ORP, trailer-tow pkg, CD, Cpt chairs, 4whl ABS, Keyless Entry, Airbox silencer removed/K&N, Amsoil(transfercase, motor, rearend), 3" custom dynomax ultra flow catback, as an anniversary gift. With a best of 18.5 MPG.
kjones02@elp.rr.com, strengthbeyondstrength2000@yahoo.com waiting for the 275hp PSD
www.ford-diesel.com , www.fordvschevy.com/ , www.blueovalnews.com/, www.webattack.com, www.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Old 02-22-2001, 09:46 PM
Thumbs up

Here in Puerto Rico I go with Texaco.

------------------
My Ride: 1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications:
Optima Red Top Battery
Split Fire Spark Plugs
K&N FIPK
Gibson Supertruck Exhaust System
Stepshield door sill protectors
Performance Accesories 3" Body Lift
Superlift 3" lift blocks
Performance Lift Lips
Gabriel Gas Ryder LT VST Shocks
Daystar Front Anti-sway Bar Polyurethane Bushings
Heckethorn Steering Stabilizer
35x12.5R16.5LT BFG All Terrain KO's
16.5x9.75 American Eagle 589's.
McGard Premium Wheel Locks

Photos at: http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

Old 02-22-2001, 10:16 PM
I've only used three kinds of gas since getting my truck but have had the best luck with Shell and Citgo (added plus, Citgo has a quickie car wash that is $5 with gas purchase).

I don't know if it was the particular station or the batch of gas I got but I have Texaco in my tank now and my truck is running like CRAP! My boyfriend and I were racing our trucks the other day and it just doesnt have the same pick up as when I use the other brands.

He swears by Texaco and usually uses it but I think it will be a while before I go back there.

Just my experience.
Red

Old 02-25-2001, 01:11 PM
I work in the oil industry selling gasoline to gas stations. It is all the same, the only difference is the additive that they put in (the major oil companies (Texaco, etc) have their own, everyone else uses one that meets all the government specifications.

My recommendation, look at the way they maintain the store and figure that they maintain the fuel tanks the same way and they make sure that they keep the water, etc. out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaveH:
Just wondering where I should fill up for gas. Just got truck and was wondering who has the best quality of fuel texaco,shell, ect?

</font>

Old 02-25-2001, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do exactly what harley suggested...I look for newer gas stations and never gas up at the mom and pop stores. Lately, I have been uasing nothing but Amoco..and the truck runs like a champ!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with super engine cooling/auxiliary transmission cooling HD package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil, build 7/2000

Old 02-25-2001, 02:24 PM
RCL
Question

Does anyone know the implications of Texaco's takeover by Shell? Will Texaco stay with CleanSystem3?

I think Texaco seems to give slightly more MPG and power over Gulf.

RCL

------------------
2000 XLT 4.6 V8 5speed 4x4 RC SB Amazon Green

Modifications:
K&N
Mobil 1
Magnum Deflecta-Shield
Soft Snapless Tonneau
Ford Duraliner

Old 02-26-2001, 09:18 PM
RCL-Texaco is merging with Chevron. For the last few years Texaco has been in a joint marketing agreement with Shell and the Saudis-when they merge with Chevron expectations are that they will cut the ties with Shell and Saudi Aramco-I have no idea what additive they will use, but both Texaco and Chevron use great additive packages and whichever they use in the end you cannot go wrong=By the way-I always use Texaco when available.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RCL:
Does anyone know the implications of Texaco's takeover by Shell? Will Texaco stay with CleanSystem3?

I think Texaco seems to give slightly more MPG and power over Gulf.

RCL

</font>

Quick Reply: What gas station has best quality 87 ??