fun had this past weekend

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2000, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking fun had this past weekend

I went out this past weekend looking for brand x guys to race.
The first victim was a couple of guys in your everyday sameold chevy regcab shortwheel base lowered,cowl induction hood,colorado custom wheels goes by me while i'am setting at a light waiting for the car in front to turn he gives me a pipe shot,so the car turns i perceed to catch up and the next light catches them so as i ease up next to him the light changes he floors it and jumps out to about a 1/2 truck but i didn't even get 1st gear wound up all the way and was already blowing past him so at the next light we pull up to the i ask him lets run from here and he says no because i have a triton engine,I asked him what he had,he said a 350,so i said you have more cubes with a regcab against a extcab with only334 cubes,he once again says no because you have a triton and their faster than chevys,so i coulding help but to laugh at them and tell them that i know fords are faster and maybe they ought to stop giving pipe shots,but i guess they like the abuse...LOL
Next Me and my 2 buddys with me went out to the street racing scene we parked and within about 10 minutes 3 guys walk up and ask do you want to run i ask against what they say against astock 97chevy so i said sure,One of his friends ask what size motor i said a little 4.6LOL so i crank the engine and the guy puts his ear to my hood and looks at his buddy and sayes its stock so we line up,this truck sounded real good he had flows with turn downs,the guy drops his hands and i pulled away from him from the beginning to the end i finished about 10 lenghts or so ahead afterwards he pulled up beside me and sayes WHAT THE F#&* HAVE YOU DONE TO THAT TRUCK ITS F*&%ING FAST? I just laugh and said nothing its stock.LOL What fun

------------------
99 F-150 XLT 5.4L,3.55ls 17"CENTERLINE WHEELS,GIBSON CAT BACK,GIBSON HEADERS,POWERDYNE 9psi SUPERCHARGER,auto meter dual gauge pod with phanthom boost and air fuel gauge,extang bed cover,superchip is ordered

Old 12-13-2000, 11:28 PM
Location: the great stinkin' desert national monument and nuclear waste dump
Thumbs up

guess the boys on oakwood avenue in dearborn know what they are doing, dont they?

8-)

Old 12-14-2000, 02:15 PM
Angry

I hate to be the grouch here, but isn't this racing on public streets dangerous as hell!!?? I have grandkids, kids and other friends (and enemies I am sure). I would be mad as anything if one of you people,racing on public streets and highways were to lose control and hit them. Grow-up -- this is dangerous. I personally hope the law enforcement catches you, locks you up and throws the book at you. I love my F150 as well as anyone else -- but I don't need to justify my purchase by "having fun" (racing on public thoroughfares. I'll get off my soapbox now!!

------------------
99 F-150 XLT 4X4, SC, SB, AT, 5.4, Single CD
3.55LS, Tow pkg, Rhino Liner, Sportsman topper,
Westin black double step bars, Custom gold pinstripe, Bright Red/Gold

Old 12-15-2000, 12:34 AM
Question

dwight c,
Tell me more about your phantom boost and fuel gauge. I really don't want to mount mine on the A-pillar like most people do. Right now my boost gauge is laying in the dash cupholder, and I don't have a fuel pressure gauge yet. I've got a 6 psi Powerdyne on my '97 4.6 SC Lariat (still having problems with it, though). By the way, what kind of fuel pressure do you get at boost? My problem right now is I don't get any more than stock pressure, about 40 psi WOT. Just a few questions for you. If you'd like, you can e-mail me at eric-karen@onemain.com. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2000, 02:51 PM
dwight c, you are sneaky & mean!!!

Markmizzou, I agree with you, but I'm not innocent either. I did street drags when I was in highschool and college. Haven't done it since.

Old 12-15-2000, 09:49 PM
Hello Crash and Fordman
First off yes my powerdyne is quiet at idle.
I started the install of the gauge pod with gauges last sunday i have been putting it off because with the pod now i will not be able to hide that i don't have something,LOL.
Well i got the a/f gauge mounted and hooked up but ran out of time on getting the boost gauge hooked up I have the line rolled up and zipped tied next to the intake, I am tring to decide where to make the connection I was thinking about tapping into the intake elbow behind the trottle body. If anyone has any suggestions let me know?

------------------
99 F-150 XLT 5.4L,3.55ls 17"CENTERLINE WHEELS,GIBSON CAT BACK,GIBSON HEADERS,POWERDYNE 9psi SUPERCHARGER,auto meter dual gauge pod with phanthom boost and air fuel gauge,extang bed cover,superchip is ordered

Old 12-16-2000, 03:46 PM
Cool

Yes, street racing endangers others, but to stop it is about as useless as the time they outlawed liquor. Most all young people experiment with both and alot of people like thrills. Just be careful and teach those you know how to.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
K&N F.I.P.K. w/Outwears pre-filter, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s,
Mobil 1, K&N oil filter.

Old 12-16-2000, 05:22 PM
dwight,
how do you like your powerdyne?
Gorp may be selling his and I may try to pick it up. It's for a 4.6, so I believe the piping and brackets are a bit different. Depending on how much it'll be to change it I may pick it up and put a 9lb pulley on.

BTW, have you done any long trips yet?
I'm curious to see what your milage is like. I ave about 14.8 around town and have done as well as 17 on the hwy.

------------------
http://a1060.g.akamai.net/f/1060/597/30minutes/www.zing.com/ picture/p528f4f3c1db2f94c58218b97f4ebc53b/ff6165cd.gif Dr.(wife says i'm spoiled) Jones.
2000 F-150 5.4L
AUTO,SC-sb 4x4-XLT, 3.55LS, 8.8 front- 9.75 rear, sidesteps, sprayed in liner, 17"wheels ORP, trailer-tow pkg, CD, Cpt chairs, 4whl ABS, Keyless Entry, Airbox silencer removed/K&N, Amsoil(transfercase, motor, rearend), 3" custom dynomax ultra flow catback, as an anniversary gift.
kjones02@elp.rr.com waiting for the 275hp PSD

[This message has been edited by powerlifter405 (edited 12-16-2000).]

Old 12-17-2000, 12:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, Karl... just an FYI, it's Oakwood Boulevard.. :-) Picky, I know. Sorry.

Dwight, how much did you pay for your charger? Did you do the install yourself? If so, how difficult was it and how long did it take? I'd love to have one... need to break the engine in first though. :-)

-Joe-

[This message has been edited by GIJoeCam (edited 12-17-2000).]

Old 12-17-2000, 02:28 AM
powerlifter,
The only differance that i know of is their is a bracket for the coil pack relocation on the 4.6,my kit came with instructions for a install on a 4.6.The only things i didn't use that was with the kit was the relocation coil bracket and a new cooling fan that had the fins for a wrong direction which might be for the 4.6.
The longest trips i have taken is a couple times to san antoine and a couple to corpus christi which are a couple hundred miles each way.
My fuel milage is 16.7 on the highway,up from about 15.5,the city driving dropped though from about 14.3 to about 13.7 but of course you have a your foot in it a little more.

Gijoe, The kit cost me $2295 and i installed it myself on a saturday in about 5 hours but i did make sure i had everything to do the job before i started,and it went real easy the only thing i don't like about it is the flex intake line from the maf to the head unit this piece could be a little better

I am thinking about going with a different unit around income tax time maybe the magnacharger or the procharger so i may have mine for sale also.

------------------

Old 12-17-2000, 11:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From the sounds of it, I'd be first in line for it! :-) Mileage isn't much of an issue for me... I've got the beater car to drive around, but I suspect I could give the Probe a run for it's money with a S/C on the truck! :-) This really is a bad influence... let me know if you decide to sell it.
-Joe-

Quick Reply: fun had this past weekend