need help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help.

hi guys i'm in a little bind here. i have an 04 f150 nbs with the 5.4. my pedal position sensor is having glitches when its cold out and the truck is cold. i had the dealer order it they said there was 1 left and it was in california. well 2 weeks later i never got it and they said that the inventory was wrong and there are none left and the company that made the part went bankrupt
so uhhh....... what now? i can find them aftermarket for an 07 but nothing for an 04 or 05. can i use one from an 07? i have the adjustable pedals.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's odd, I would have thought you should have been able to get any part you needed
for that truck.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I have seen used ones on Ebay. Could also try Tasca Parts.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
i woulda thought i could at least get the drive by wire parts with the issues they're having. and i know i can get used parts but i figured if i can get new i will. is there any differences in the 07 pedal sensor that anybody knows of? possibly install an 07 pedal and harness connector? i dont have a problem going used if i have to but i'd definately like to go new.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Matts ford
i woulda thought i could at least get the drive by wire parts with the issues they're having. and i know i can get used parts but i figured if i can get new i will. is there any differences in the 07 pedal sensor that anybody knows of? possibly install an 07 pedal and harness connector? i dont have a problem going used if i have to but i'd definately like to go new.
I may be a little late but I just checked Rockauto site and they have the 2004 adjustable pedal connector but didn't show the sensor. You may want to give them a call. They might have one or know where you can get one. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...-partdescribe2

Old 12-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by DYNOTECH
I may be a little late but I just checked Rockauto site and they have the 2004 adjustable pedal connector but didn't show the sensor. You may want to give them a call. They might have one or know where you can get one. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...-partdescribe2
didnt even think about that, thak you. i'll call them monday. yea i can find the connectors all day long but not the sensor itself. and i looked on alldata for specs of an 04 vs. 07 and the sensors themselves have different resistance values, so i now know an 07 sensor wont work.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Matts ford
didnt even think about that, thak you. i'll call them monday. yea i can find the connectors all day long but not the sensor itself. and i looked on alldata for specs of an 04 vs. 07 and the sensors themselves have different resistance values, so i now know an 07 sensor wont work.
I'll do some looking around for you as well. Let you know what I find. Good luck.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 PM

Ok Dorman has the part. I searched this site and found a sensor it indicates is for your 2004 truck. Here is the site.

http://www.autopartsexpress.com/rese...2&ctt_nwtype=e

They have an 800 number as well. good luck

Last edited by DYNOTECH; 12-24-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:56 AM
not real sure on the 5.4 but i do know in 07 ford switched tb's to top it off the whole upper intake, 07-10 4.6 2v tb have a all in one, the motor and tps is built together, to my knowing the 04-06 have a spetrate sensors.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Before replacing

Disassemble and clean the snap-fit electrical connection just before the pedal. The Manufacturer of the connection reported problems in the original design 2004-2006 MY (Model Year). Use electrical cleaner on both halves and re-seat.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by DYNOTECH
Ok Dorman has the part. I searched this site and found a sensor it indicates is for your 2004 truck. Here is the site.

http://www.autopartsexpress.com/rese...2&ctt_nwtype=e

They have an 800 number as well. good luck
i cant find it there. i emailed dorman and they said they dont make it for my truck yet but they are always adding parts to this line. they just added it to the there list of new parts to manufacture.

Originally Posted by st one50
not real sure on the 5.4 but i do know in 07 ford switched tb's to top it off the whole upper intake, 07-10 4.6 2v tb have a all in one, the motor and tps is built together, to my knowing the 04-06 have a spetrate sensors.
i'm not talking about the throttle position sensor. i'm talking about the sensor right on the accelerator pedal.

Originally Posted by Scooterdog
Disassemble and clean the snap-fit electrical connection just before the pedal. The Manufacturer of the connection reported problems in the original design 2004-2006 MY (Model Year). Use electrical cleaner on both halves and re-seat.
yea thats another option, if i cant get anywhere with rockauto, i'll get a used sensor and try this method. used one would be my backup plan

Quick Reply: need help.