Seafoam..Yes ive searched 1 question thoe..

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seafoam..Yes ive searched 1 question thoe..

Ok i know this whole Seafoam thing has been beat to death over and over again but i didnt find the answer i was looking for about in the crankcase. Do i have to do an oil change right after i put this stuff in or can i let it go for 2,000 miles?? i know some motor flush cleaners make you put it in 5 mins before you do an oil change.

Just wonderin Thanks guys...Sorry for another seafoam thing..again.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried it on my Chevy Blazer and ended up killing the oil pump. And I had clean oil passages.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dump a bit in, go beat on it, and change the oil. I'd say 15 minutes of run time with actual drivetime. I did. Then cut open the oil filter. Amazed by the chunks I had seen in there. But then change your oil a 1000 or so miles earlier on next change

Old 08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Alrite thanks guys for the info. i got 2 cans of it today ill put it in the brake booster vac. and gas tank and save one for the oil right before my next oil change.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Suspended
and dont expect a smokeshow as others have said. I believe they changed their formula, cause when I did mine, I got no smoke what so ever, and I did nearly half a can through the brake booster line. I wouldnt do a whole can in the crank case. Use half for the booster line, besure you know how to do it, people hydraulic lock their motors by doing too much at one time, and other half in tank. By time you do your oil, do have in the crankcase, other half back in tank.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:28 PM
yeah i didnt plan on doing alot threw the vaccum i was reading up on that earlyer. Maybe your engine was just really clean lol my truck has run on 5 Cyl's more than 8 so im sure i got lots of carbon build up and crap in my motor haha. And the RPM's should go down when doing this correct?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Suspended
When you pull the booster line off the engine will sound like its struggling to run, cause it is. normal, how important vaccuum is to a gasser. . .

And IIRC, the RPM's should spike up when letting the hose sip on the SeaFoam and when you stop itll sputter but it should stay alive. People say to pour it down the line til it kills the engine, that way it soaks the intake, but thats too risky and maybe why mine did not get clean. Just let it sit for 15 mins and let everything bake in there and clean and then fire it up and run it like hell.

And no, my motor shouldnt be clean, it has 170k on it and alot of that has been idle time. I should at least have had a puff of smoke.

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Humm maybe they have i was kind of looking foward to all the smoke. Yeah im just gonna let it sip it im not going to drown my engine in seafoam and hope it starts back up. lol ive pulled the brake vacum before and ran my truck well just idleing open headers when i put it in drive it sounded like it had a super messed up cam. Sounded kinda cool thoe lol.

Thanks again for the info on the Seafoam and Sorry for making yet another thread for it.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Suspended
Just if you have any other questions on it, report them here. I'll always check for it, nothing else to do for the next 3 months but sit on my ****. heh

Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
And no, my motor shouldnt be clean, it has 170k on it and alot of that has been idle time. I should at least have had a puff of smoke.
Did it in my truck at about 180,000 and had nothing. Every other car had tons of smoke.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Maybe its somthing about the Triton motors?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by shifty_85
Maybe its somthing about the Triton motors?
the modular motors are very prone to carbon and oil gunk build up due to the small ports on the heads. and the casting ripples that allow stuff to build up in the first place. but due to the fact that the injector is spraying a large stream into a small port theres going to be alot that hits the bottom of the inlet and build up on the valve itself. a taller inlet port that allows better air and fuel mixture will develop less gunk. think about it like this.. as far as evaporation goes. a puddle of water takes longer to evaporate than if u smear it around and increase its surface area for the sun to bake it causing it to boil and evaporate.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Sounds like this is similar to dumping tranny fluid down the carb like we used to do.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by scooooter7
Sounds like this is similar to dumping tranny fluid down the carb like we used to do.
tranny and diesel works well! i use to run a quart of diesel in a full tank of gas. it would knock and smell awful! but it cleaned it out. purely because diesel wont burn in a gasoline engine unless its really really hot! so basically when u shut the motor off it sets on the backs of the valves and coats everything. but drive it nice and dont abuse it. u can hurt it from knocking to hard

Old 08-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Suspended
and the O2's just LOVE the aftermath of using ATF. . . .

Quick Reply: Seafoam..Yes ive searched 1 question thoe..