Seafoam..Yes ive searched 1 question thoe..

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
and the O2's just LOVE the aftermath of using ATF. . . .
lol yeh sulfur can kill em if ur not careful but so can seafoam it turned mine orange!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see ATF being more prone to coat them 02's right up. It is an oil afterall. . .

Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 AM
says on the can o2 friendly!! haha

Old 08-04-2008, 12:36 AM
and the O2's just LOVE the aftermath of using ATF. . . .
You have to have them for that to matter.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by roushstage2
You have to have them for that to matter.
HAHA!

IF I do my true duals, I'm def looking into some SIMS

Old 08-04-2008, 12:59 AM
I noticed that Seafoam changed color. It used to be blueish, but I noticed my last can was clear. It could be possible they did change the formula. My Expedition had some smoke when I ran the clear stuff through, but every other vehicle that I've run the blue stuff through had a hell of a smoke show!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:51 AM
HAHA!

You could always buy a programmer and kill two birds with one stone.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:05 AM
I ran Seafoam through the booster line on my 4.6L a few years back and it smoked up the whole neighborhood. It was seriously awesome, the neighbors were like staring and asking if we blew a head gasket. But just a few months ago my brother ran some through his 4.0L in his Cherokee and it barely smoked. Sounds like the forumula has changed to me.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 AM
I see ATF being more prone to coat them 02's right up. It is an oil afterall. . .
So is Seafoam.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
When you pull the booster line off the engine will sound like its struggling to run, cause it is. normal, how important vaccuum is to a gasser. . .

And IIRC, the RPM's should spike up when letting the hose sip on the SeaFoam and when you stop itll sputter but it should stay alive. People say to pour it down the line til it kills the engine, that way it soaks the intake, but thats too risky and maybe why mine did not get clean. Just let it sit for 15 mins and let everything bake in there and clean and then fire it up and run it like hell.

And no, my motor shouldnt be clean, it has 170k on it and alot of that has been idle time. I should at least have had a puff of smoke.
Sounds like you have it backwards. When you pull the line, the RPMs should go up, same as if you had a vaccuum leak. And when you POUR the Seafoam into the line, it will want to choke down. Then spike back up after it has cleared.

For all of you who are letting the line suck the Seafoam from the can, try reading the directions. It clearly states to POUR into a vaccuum line. This is where the people who hyrdolocked the engines went wrong.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah im goign to pour it into a cup or somthing and let it sip it outta there im not pouring it into my truck...No one has sued seafoam for the hyrdolocking there engine?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by shifty_85
Yeah im goign to pour it into a cup or somthing and let it sip it outta there im not pouring it into my truck...No one has sued seafoam for the hyrdolocking there engine?
Sucking it from the can and sucking it from the cup is the SAME THING. POUR straight from the can into the line.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Why would i pour it into the line if you just told me thats how people hydrolocked there motors??? im so confzued! Whats the diff if i just let it sip it other then just pouring it in the line? other than my truck will start back up if i just let it sip?

Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i used to be a toyota man (95 4runner. loved that thing) and this was covered on the other toyota forum i was a member of. i have done this numerous times and it is amazing. i agree with GTRider, POUR not sip. the vacuum (sp*) coming from the engine will turn the seafoam into vapor before it makes it into the tube. it is hard to explain but if you slowly pour the seafoam there will always be air going into the tube with the seafoam (hence lowering chances of hydrolock), however if you were to place the tube into a cup or the can itself it would simply only be able to suck in the seafoam with no air and increase the chances of trouble. also, i dont know if this has been covered, but once the seafoam has been sucked in (preferbably, 1/3 to 1/2 a can at a time) turn the engine off and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes before restarting the engine. this allows the seafoam to soak in and do what it does.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
HAHA!

sims are great for the rear O2s... not gonna solve your problem with your front O2s, the ones that really matter.

Quick Reply: Seafoam..Yes ive searched 1 question thoe..