Seafoam..Yes ive searched 1 question thoe..

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea when i seafoamed my ranger about a year ago it smoked up my whole dang town!!! i did seafoam in my 4.6 few weeks back...barely got any smoke

Old 08-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shifty_85
Why would i pour it into the line if you just told me thats how people hydrolocked there motors??? im so confzued! Whats the diff if i just let it sip it other then just pouring it in the line? other than my truck will start back up if i just let it sip?
When did I say to let it suck it from the can? I told you to read the directions, which say to pour it. Where is the confusion?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:57 PM
i donno but i did it today love the sound of my truck without that vac line sounds like its got a cam...a very unhappy cam but a cam haha. Half in the vac line let it sit for about 10 mins then the other half in the gas...No smoke and it was clear in the can not blue so i think they changed it. I got a lil smoke after work tonight when i started it but nothing crazy. theres 0 hesitation now there was just a lil before so something got cleaned. Im gonna use the other can before my next oil change. Thanks for all the info guys.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
i donno but i did it today love the sound of my truck without that vac line sounds like its got a cam...a very unhappy cam but a cam haha. Half in the vac line let it sit for about 10 mins then the other half in the gas...No smoke and it was clear in the can not blue so i think they changed it. I got a lil smoke after work tonight when i started it but nothing crazy. theres 0 hesitation now there was just a lil before so something got cleaned. Im gonna use the other can before my next oil change. Thanks for all the info guys.
haha shifty check my truck out when i seafoamed mine..the cam sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivesMcPHsPw

Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 PM
your truck does have a cam... two of them in fact. hahahaha

Old 08-05-2008, 12:13 AM
lol damn that thing is cammin hard

Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Faster150
lol damn that thing is cammin hard
wish it would stay like that forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I'll bet those sensors do. I imagine the diesel thing *might* work on a pre-fuel injected, pre-catalytic converter sort of vehicle (ie pre-70's or so) but I wouldn't do it on anything newer.

Good point re the hydrolock thing - I just had someone on another forum telling me to POUR Seafoam into the brake booster line, I prefer to do what the can says and allow it to vacuum it up, I leave the hose just above the liquid so I can suck up plenty of air too. I think last time I did it I forgot to leave it standing though....will have to re-do.

As for the crankcase, I've done it once and did not change the oil for quite some time, which I suspect was not such a good idea, I think a change within a few days or after an extended drive would be wise. It's quite volatile so I suspect it evaporates after a little while anyway. It would be nice to be able to persuade it to go through the throttle body perhaps, if that didn't do any harm..

As for killing an oil pump, I suspect it dislodged so much crud it blocked it. Dead is dead of course, but I wouldn't completely blame the Seafoam, but the amount of residue. Of course, it's preferable to not kill one's oil pump so exercise caution I guess.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
haha yeah i told my buddy when i was doing it yesterday if my truck could stop...and go with that line off id leave it off! haha. Mine sounds awesome when i have the cut-outs open and i pull that brake line oh i love it!! oh yeah i do have 2 cams i saw the passenger one yesterday....*looked threw the oil cap * and it was going around it looked pretty cool!

How much are cams for our trucks that make it sound like this all the time???

Old 08-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Anyone have any expirience Seafoaming the 04+ trucks?

Old 08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I sea foamed my truck yesterday! Everything went well. I poured the sea foam into a jar so I could see the booster hose sip it up. The RPM's went up while I was doing it. Once the liquid was gone the RPM's went down and it stayed running till I turned it off. Let it set for 15min. came back and started it up. The truck acted like it wasn't going to start at first but, it did. After it started there really wasn't any smoke. I gave it some gas up to 2K rpm's and held it there. That's when the smoke show came on! It looked like I was doing a burnout for about 5mins. The smoke dissipated and I let off the gas. I tried another old trick letting the booster hose sip up about a cup of water to help steam out anything else. Hooked everything backup and went for a drive on the highway and came back home. It seemed a little peppier this mourning taking off!
It seemed to work fine for me. I have over 140K miles on my truck and it probably needed a good cleaning but, I don't think I would do it too often. I'll probably just start putting it in my tank from now on, to keep up the cleaning.
P.S. I wasn't paying attention to how much to use and I let the truck sip up the whole can! Well, it turned out OK! Maybe holding the rpm's at 2K helpped? The funny thing was originally I had the rpm's at 1.5K and at some point I could see the rpm's go up to 2K on its own. So, I'd say it cleaned something!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Would someone post a pic of the brake vacuum hose on an '04 or newer? I can't figure out which is which

Old 09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
you should be able to fallow a vaccum hose from the booster to behide the throttle body. i have a 97 i dont know the 04 set up but im sure its kinda the same.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
shifty you cant get cams for your truck. only if you have P.I heads. at least thats all ive seen for them

Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by pjb999@yahoo.co

Good point re the hydrolock thing - I just had someone on another forum telling me to POUR Seafoam into the brake booster line, I prefer to do what the can says and allow it to vacuum it up,

As for the crankcase, I've done it once and did not change the oil for quite some time, which I suspect was not such a good idea, I think a change within a few days or after an extended drive would be wise. It's quite volatile so I suspect it evaporates after a little while anyway. It would be nice to be able to persuade it to go through the throttle body perhaps, if that didn't do any harm..
FYI: The instructions on a can of Seafoam clearly state to POUR it into a main vacuum line, not allow the vacuum system to SUCK it up.

Regarding placing it in the crank case, it should be put in about an hour prior to an oil change.

Read the can, again if you doubt it. You can also "youtube" seafoam and get the company's infomercial about Seafoam and they show you how they think you should use it.

Quick Reply: Seafoam..Yes ive searched 1 question thoe..