Ok Im getting really confused?? What to do Next

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Ok Im getting really confused?? What to do Next

My truck just started running like crap. Everyone thought it was the cop's. They all tested fine but one. I changed the plug and the pack. If your facing the engine its the driverside 2nd from back. If I unplug the fuel injector or the pack for that cylinder it doesnt make a difference on how the engine runs. Igf I unplug any others it runs worse. I have reason to believe there is something going wrong with that cylinder. Fuel injector etc. What are my options at the moment my truck isnt throwing any codes, but the service engine light is on.

Please Help Me.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:11 PM
also

I forgot the truck does backfire when at good acceleration its almost a ripple of little backfires.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 PM
wow

20 views and no post I thought this was a help forum. Whats the deal. Help a guy out here.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you wash the engine off recently??

Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by fordinator2004
20 views and no post I thought this was a help forum. Whats the deal. Help a guy out here.

Well, fill your info in - are we suppose to guess what motor you are running ?

Your info will display -Top right corner. You can make a sig that will display more info , like mods etc..

Old 02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I would find out what codes you have, as for backfire that could be a bad injector or a bad connection to the injector. My truck backfired and it was a bad injector, stuck open, blew out the catalytic converter and put gas in the crankcase.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
JMC

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry I was so slow in responding...............

Odds are that you have at least a P0307. Pull the plug to see if it is wet or what. If you have an injector problem, they are known to leak, you need to get it looked at post haste. Once you have pulled the plug let us know what it looks like. I would at the very least reset the codes. Pull Neg Battery cable off for a few minutes. Then I would swap the injector with the #1 cylinder, the first one at the front of the engine on the passenger side, and swap the coil with the #2 cylinder, the second one at the front of the engine on the passenger side. Then I would drive to a parts store and have the codes read.
Get back to us with what you find, plug and code.

JMC

Hurry now, don't keep us waiting.........

Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Why don't you start by taking your truck to advance or autozone and have the codes read?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
sorry guys and gals

Sorry my truck is a 2004 f150 xlt lariat and it has the 5.4L 3v. I have some other posts on here as well. I unhooked all my cop's one at a time and narrowed it down to one cylinder if thats anyway possible, Then I bought a new plug and cop's. And it didnt do anything to fix my problem so im leaning towards the injector. I hope. I tried getting it scanned at auto zone and advanced but it woulkd read any codes. It wouldnt even turn the scanner on at autozone. But anyway Im lost at this point.

Im taking it too ford too get it checked I guess I like too do things myself but this is a lost cause at the moment.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 PM

Go back to Auto Zone and tell them to use the right scan tool lol. - I think it has to be a CAN compliant scan tool.

You have a 3 valve, so their usual Ford scan tool isn't compatible.

So you replaced all the COP's and plugs ? What did you use ? How did you do it..?

Yea ,maybe you should take it in. You have problems just filling in your info here (that's not much to ask) and then complain about not getting answer right away, then disappear .... The dealership is prolly your best shot ..

Good Luck

Last edited by jbrew; 02-06-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:58 PM
whatever

Originally Posted by jbrew
Go back to Auto Zone and tell them to use the right scan tool lol. - I think it has to be a CAN compliant scan tool.

You have a 3 valve, so their usual Ford scan tool isn't compatible.

So you replaced all the COP's and plugs ? What did you use ? How did you do it..?

Yea ,maybe you should take it in. You have problems just filling in your info here (that's not much to ask) and then complain about not getting answer right away, then disappear .... The dealership is prolly your best shot ..

Good Luck
Ya know what this is probably the most rude forum Ive ever been on, You such an A$$ . Sorry mr english teacher, Maybe you should just read above I stated everything. No I didnt replace all plugs and cop's like stated I changed the one thats not making a difference when I disconect whille the truck is running. Sorry Im not punctual and fulfilling your every detail ya ***.
Im a truck owner not a volkswagon bug owner maybe you should get on a queer forum. Were Im from we ruff it. *****.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:03 PM
nope

Originally Posted by built54
did you wash the engine off recently??
and no i did not wash engine lately.

I live in upsate New York and at the moment it is snowing and wet though.

I hope I dont need to be as so specific as to give my exact area were I live and possibly the color of my truck and maybe what tires I have and if I have any stickers on it or anything for that last guy who put his 2 cents in do I.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 PM

that last guy
Am I that guy ? It would help if you were more specific.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Ya know what this is probably the most rude forum Ive ever been on, You such an A$$ . Sorry mr english teacher, Maybe you should just read above I stated everything. No I didnt replace all plugs and cop's like stated I changed the one thats not making a difference when I disconect whille the truck is running. Sorry Im not punctual and fulfilling your every detail ya ***.
Im a truck owner not a volkswagon bug owner maybe you should get on a queer forum. Were Im from we ruff it. *****.
You must be a Yankee. You need to stay calm, and play along. Some of us don't have much to do but rib people. Also, it would help if you would use more punctuation. Some of your statements give incorrect ideas. Regardless, sounds like an injector problem. Those are prevalent on the 2004, so get it to a dealer as soon as possible or you may have hydralocking problems.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Some of us don't have much to do but rib people.
What I say

Last edited by jbrew; 02-06-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Ok Im getting really confused?? What to do Next