4.2 y pipe replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.2 y pipe replacement

1998 4.2 auto: I would like to take out the factory y pipe and replace it without all the cats. Does anybody know where I can get a new y pipe that has holes for o2 sensors and will attach between the factory head pipes and muffler. Will the engine run right on the factory o2 sensors or will I need to install a resistor?Has anybody done this?

Old 01-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by 7quadracer
1998 4.2 auto: I would like to take out the factory y pipe and replace it without all the cats. Does anybody know where I can get a new y pipe that has holes for o2 sensors and will attach between the factory head pipes and muffler. Will the engine run right on the factory o2 sensors or will I need to install a resistor?Has anybody done this?

Yeah i got a y pipe installed at my hommies shop, don't know the brand but it is works hella good. i originally cut out the cats, and no y pipe. but i didn't like the way it looked, so i got it in there. it runs alot stronger because there is no restriction. And yes it kills ur gas mileage not having an o2 sensor. I need to run rich, because i spray my truck with nitrous. A dummy port on pipe can be put in to help some.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:40 PM
just get MIL eliminator and some o2 sensor bungs for the pipe. planning on doing the same in the next week or so.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by payableondeath6
just get MIL eliminator and some o2 sensor bungs for the pipe. planning on doing the same in the next week or so.

WHAT'S THAT MIL?? THING

Old 01-07-2006, 01:14 AM
When you remove the rear cats you change the reading from the rear o2 sensors and it screws up the A/F ration and the MIL light will come on, also known as the Check engine light. MIL means Malfunction Indicator Lamp. The MIL eliminators is attached to the rear o2 sensors and tell the computer the the cats are still there. They read the same voltage as if the cats were there and ther is no check engine lite.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by black4v
When you remove the rear cats you change the reading from the rear o2 sensors and it screws up the A/F ration and the MIL light will come on, also known as the Check engine light. MIL means Malfunction Indicator Lamp. The MIL eliminators is attached to the rear o2 sensors and tell the computer the the cats are still there. They read the same voltage as if the cats were there and ther is no check engine lite.

AH OK THAT'S WHAT IT IS

Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 AM
you ever get your exhaust worked out...i'm having trouble finding a shop to do it for me.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by payableondeath6
you ever get your exhaust worked out...i'm having trouble finding a shop to do it for me.

That's maybe because no ones wants to be responsable, if you get pulled over by cops, and see u got no cat converters.
It's Illegal, so you should try out of town shops. Or ask around with friends, but more than likely your gonna have trouble finding someone to do it for you.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6980

Performance:::::
COLD AIR KIT, AF1 INTAKE/ THORTTLE BODY SPACER/ MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR/SHAVED HEADS/UPGRADED INJECTORS AND FUEL PUMP/ PULLEYS/CERAMACOATED HEADERS/ NO CATALATYC CONVERTERS/ Y PIPE/ GIB DUAL EXHAUST/Chrome exhs tips/HURST STICK SHIFTER KIT/ JET STAGE III CHIP/ 410 GEAR RATIO/ POWERTRAC POSITRACTION UNIT/ ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT/ CENTERFORCE STAGE 1 CLUTCH & THROWOUT BEARING/ LIGHT WEIGHT FLYWHEEL/ 75SHOT OF NITROUS/... O YEAH! TURBONATOR AND ELEKTRIC TURBO. THAT'S ABOUT IT I THINK... OF COURSE THOSE 2 LAST ONES ARE MORE SHOW THAN ANYTHING...

Looks:: & sound
20'' on yokohoma tracks, Extang bed cover, clear corner lights, Remote control fog lights. Tail gate wing, Hood scoops, shaved off and bandowed F150 emblems, Limo tint. Bumper speed grill, Home made screen for main grill. 2 1800 watt fosagate punch amps. 2 12'' solobaric L7 subs. kenwood door speakers. etc etc.

Last edited by STOMPTHECHEVY; 01-19-2006 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: 4.2 y pipe replacement