05 4r75 no 3rd gear or o/d..

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 4r75 no 3rd gear or o/d..

Does anyone have any thoughts on why i for no apparent reason lost 3rd and 4th gear? After pulling the valve body i did find a broken end of snap ring on the o/d solenoid. I replaced it and made sure i caught the o/d band correctly,but no luck. The second attempt i checked the 2/3 accumulator or solenoid(i cant remember what there called) but it looked fine. The fluids wasn't burnt, no metal flakes, no laod bangs or pops when it went out. It was driving fine all day then it just started. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Chuck, I deleted the other thread you had on this problem and the hijack post you had in another thread on this topic. We try to keep threads specific to a single problem and we discourage multiple threads on a common topic because it leads to confusing responses that can waste your time and cost you extra money.

I'm sorry I'm not an expert on transmissions, so I can't give you much advice on your problem. How many miles do you have on this one? If it's been around the block a few times, perhaps it's time to consider a replacement.

There ARE people here who know these things so have patience and someone will be along to help.

- Jack

Old 04-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck Starr
Does anyone have any thoughts on why i for no apparent reason lost 3rd and 4th gear? After pulling the valve body i did find a broken end of snap ring on the o/d solenoid. I replaced it and made sure i caught the o/d band correctly,but no luck. The second attempt i checked the 2/3 accumulator or solenoid(i cant remember what there called) but it looked fine. The fluids wasn't burnt, no metal flakes, no laod bangs or pops when it went out. It was driving fine all day then it just started. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
What's happened is parts of that snap ring have gotten into the valve body. Depending on the damage you might be able to take it completely apart and clean it out and rebuild it.

Or you can buy a remanufactured valve body that has all of that done for you

D

Quick Reply: 05 4r75 no 3rd gear or o/d..