SuperCrew

can the 2007 owners sign in please :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can the 2007 owners sign in please :)

wow, soooo many new 2007 owners.
can we all sign in here please, seems the 2007 got many peoples attention.
it was that or we needed a new vehicle, please tell us why u got the 2007.
and maybe a little bout what ya think bout it, now that ya got it.

haha please tell the truth, cause i know i have a few disapointments.
but just a few lol

my mudflaps dont fit still tryin!!

leather picks up color pigments when clothes wet from rain.

seats are a little uncomfortable for very long cruises.

see told ya its just a few,, overall i love this thing sooooo far.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've also got a 2007 white sand Lariat. I really like it. I have only had it 3 months and have put 2800 miles on it. The only two options it does not have is navigation or dvd. I don't miss those options, but I do wish it would have come with factory bluetooth. I could also use a bit more bottom end power. Other than that, it has been perfect. My favorite option is still the reverse sensors.

I had a 2002 Tahoe before. The lease was up on the Tahoe, so it was time to look for something new.

Last edited by neuspeed5; 04-18-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:08 PM
2007 XLT 5.4, 3.73 LSD, tow package, upgraded mirror package, etc. I started this thread yesterday

My first Ford pickup was a brand new 2002 F-150 XLT supercab with the 4.6 liter.

It was underpowered but my wife and I loved it. It was very enjoyable to drive. I wanted a larger rear seat as my kids grew and in 2004 began looking around. The new F-150 had just come out and I wasn't sure if I liked it. Not to mention, supply being low, S'Crews were priced outrageously. I almost made a deal twice on leftover 2003 S'crews but they fell through. I also wanted more power. I took a brand new quad cab Ram SLT with the hemi for a ride and fell in LOVE with the power. The rear seat was considerably more comfy than the '02 S'Cab so I bit and made the trade.

Right off the bat my wife didn't like driving the Ram. It just felt a lot larger than it was. Whereas the previous FX4 handled very well and felt rather sporty for a truck, the Ram was like trying to manage a 50-foot wide boat down a 51-foot wide river. It handled sloppy and the steering just never felt "right." Hitting bumps around curves at speed would throw it into the next lane, and even when driving straight sometimes hitting a bump would kick throw it off-kilter. The interior quality, though not horrible, was not up to the same level of smoothness and solidness of the Ford. But the power...ohhh how I loved mashing the GO pedal! It was a trouble free truck for over 65K miles, but even then all I did was brakes and tires and a tie rod end ($36 part and 15 minutes to change). At about 78K it started acting a little funny, running rough sometimes, noises from Lord knows where, etc. and the parking brake was sticking on me. I was just getting the "itch" for something new and didn't really want to put money into the Ram because as much as I liked it, we just never fell in LOVE with it like we did the Ford. So I looked around again.

I was actually considering a Tacoma double cab 4X4. Good power, awesome build quality, decent prices etc. but after driving one, despite being over 5" wider than the previous generation Taco, it just felt too cramped for me after a decade of driving full-size trucks. Tundras were out of the question due to price.

I drove a 2007 XLT supercab first and remembered just why I like Ford trucks better than the others. I mentioned that what I really wanted was a s'crew but they were too much, and he mentioned they had one that was lighter on the options, about $5,000 less than the Lariat and FX4 versions I had looked at. He went out back to get it and when he came around the corner I just said, "Oh yeah, that truck is MINE!"

I'm still getting used to it, but I LOVE this truck already. I don't care if it's down on power a bit in the mid and upper range compared to the Ram. It's all around a better truck and it rides/handles like a Lincoln Town Car compared to the Ram. No regrets whatsoever and I hope to have no real issues for many miles/years to come. Once the nasty-*** weather breaks here I have to get some better pics.

Last edited by XLT-FX4; 04-18-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 PM
07 FX2, absolutly LOVE it! Sure gets the looks...cant wait to start the modding.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:59 PM
I forgot to add my dislikes.

1. Front seats just a bit too low to the floor
2. No dead pedal/footrest...wouldn't be such a big deal except for complaint No. 1
3. Rear seat upper half doesn't fold down....I believe it did on the previous generation S'crews, with storage things behind it.
4. They could have done a better job aligning all the panels that make the top of the dash. Not a big deal really, except their right out there in front of your face all the time.
5. Not too sure if I like the cloth material or not. It seems like it will hold stains and be tough to keep clean

That's it though, just small stuff. I LOVE this truck!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I got my 07 SCrew Lariat in Nov of 2006 because it was time to sell the Durango & get a real truck to haul the toys (quads). The Durango just wasn't cutting it to my liking, but this F150 has been doing the job w/ ease. Plus it was time to get back to my Ford roots anyway...I have always been a Ford man!
Since I have added some mods (SLP exhaust & intake, lift, Super Swamper Trxus M/T's...) the truck just seems to be getting better . I am glad that I bought this truck & haven't regreted a day of it!!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, my first truck (vehicle for that matter) was an 2000 Ranger XLT 4x2. Well I loved that little truck, but after two years I came to the realization that being 6'8" it was just too small. So I went shopping for full size trucks, and the F150 was first on my list. I looked at the new Tundras, but they were too pricey, looked at the new Chevys but they were too ugly. Looked at the Ram, too out of date/thirsty. Looked at the new GMCs I liked! So it came down to either a F150 or a Sierra.

The fact of the matter was that the F150 was a tried and true design where as the Sierra was a brand new one. Also Ford was offering $6000 in rebates where GMC wouldn't budge. So I got a 2007 Supercrew FX4. Got the FX4 because it took a bunch of options I wanted from an XLT and put them all together. I struggled between getting 4wd vs 2wd. I decided on 4wd because it didn't add that much to the cost (FX4 vs FX2) and I figured it would be useful for if we ever want to go to the snow and/or if I end up attending college in Arizona. (Plus 4wds have more fun)

So far I love this truck! The extra room is excellent for someone as tall as me and now I have room for all my friends. No very much to complain about since almost everything is an improvement on the Ranger and I don't have much else to compare it to. Perhaps my only two complaints are that the grill is a little flimsy, and my Mom has a hard time getting in (but hey its a truck, if she wants step bars she can pay for them!) But man do I love this thing!

My two Ford trucks: (Sold the Ranger )

Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Well I have been a Ford guy as long as I can remember and bought an '05 Mustang GT in March of '06 and absolutely loved it and modded the hell out of it including a new built motor, Kenne Bell, etc... Thought I would have that car forever until Sep last year an old man decides to run a light and cream my car. I got screwed on insurance because of all the aftermarket stuff and wouldnt have enough money to duplicate the same car. I had a ranger years before this and really missed having a truck but knew I would want something bigger than a ranger this time so I went to look at the F150s and first one I saw was a DSG FX2 that they were pulling off the carrier. Instantly knew I wanted it but I wanted a Screw and leather which they did not have. Being the patient person I am I ended up with a black one since it was already there and havent regretted it at all. It was lacking in the power department after coming from a blown mustang so I instantly ordered a Magnacharger and am making plans for more power in the future. Best truck out there in my opinion.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:00 AM
I bought my 2007 F-150 Supercrew last month and am really loving it. Nothing special about mine except I put my stereo system in it . I don't really like how the vehicle feels at idle, but other then that the truck runs real nice and rides smooth around town. Taking it on a 1000 mile round trip road trip tomorrow.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Yes, the idle is another thing that is taking some getting used to. Sometimes it reminds me of my radically-cammed Chevelle.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
i got an 07 fx4 screw..

always had ford trucks, mostly rangers, have one child and one on the way i decided it was time to upgrade so i picked up my truck one week after picking up an 07 eddie bauer el expedition for my wife...made her happy and she allowed me to get this...

the modding has begun with the installtion of a pioneer d3.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 AM
double post - my bad.

Last edited by J Anschutz; 04-19-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
This is my 7th Ford vehicle and my 4th f150, and my first 4 wheel drive. When talking about trucks, the 2002 was my favorite yet. I have only had my 07 for a couple months. So it has not the opportunity to prove itself yet.

1972 f150
1984 Mustang Conv. - Still have
1993 Mustang Conv. - Still have
1997 F150 SCAB
2002 F150 SCREW
1966 Mustang Conv - Still Have
2007 F150 F150 SCREW 4x4

There are some things I don't like about it, and things that I miss from my 02. One of which was an option, the other is in the rear end.
I miss the power pedals of my 02. The 07 is a dog compared to my 02.

I also miss the storage that was behind the back seat of my 02. I am now forced to fabricate or buy a storage system for under the seat. Something that was not needed in my 02.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:10 AM
07 Screw XLT 4x4 owner here. So far so good. I've put about 4k on it and I don't have any real complaints. I'm comming from a 99 GMC Sonoma Highrider though so the difference is night and day. The ride is my favorite part I drive 80+ miles round trip for work so the smooth quiet ride means a lot to me. I wish the drivers side window was auto up instead of just auto down. I'm sure I could find other things to bitch about but the ride cancels them all out.

Shane

Old 04-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I buy a new truck every year or two... it was just time to upgrade from my '05 FX4 to an '07 FX4. It's my 7th F-150. When you find a good thing, might as well stick with it.

Quick Reply: can the 2007 owners sign in please :)