New Supercharged Member

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Supercharged Member

Hi guys, my name is Mike. I'm new to this site. Thought I would share my recent upgrades to my 09 F150 Platinum with you all.

I had my work done at Brenspeed. I had a Saleen S331 SC installed, Flowmaster SIDO exhaust installed, and a custom dyno tune. Those guys did an awesome job. The truck is a real beast now. The power level increased by leaps and bounds and it sounds great too. I have a nice deep tone with no drone and you can really hear that SC whine. I also installed a K&N CAI before the other mods.

Here are some pics and video of the dyno runs.

Old exhaust:

New exhaust:

Pics of the S331 SC:

Pic of Heat Exchanger:

Dyno Runs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M39uvN633I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFQg3iyXL8

Dyno Sheet:

Old 12-20-2010, 01:51 PM
that's a clean setup you got there, I like it! How much boost does that saleen push?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
You need to put more boost to that saleen blower....

Is that a baffled flow master? Killing your power potential...

Interesting to note you can hear the blower whine with that open element. It's one thing I miss with my setup.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 12-20-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
welcome to the madness, what kind of upgrades do you have planned??

Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
welcome to the madness, what kind of upgrades do you have planned??
We might do cams down the road but for now we are getting use to this system.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
You need to put more boost to that saleen blower....

Is that a baffled flow master? Killing your power potential...

Interesting to note you can hear the blower whine with that open element. It's one thing I miss with my setup.
I could have opted for a 3.0 pulley but went with the 3.2. I didn't want to have to change my injectors which can be costly and I wanted to stay with a more conservative tune.

I don't think the Flowmaster is baffled. I got the Force II, 50 Series. I didn't ask if it was baffled or not. I don't think it affects the power at all.

I do love the whine of the blower. It sounds sweet when you get on it.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by jemckinney
that's a clean setup you got there, I like it! How much boost does that saleen push?
Thanks a lot. I'm feeling pretty good about this myself. I have a 3.2 pulley. I could have went with a smaller one. This one puts out 7 to 8 lbs. If you go with a smaller pulley it's suggested that you change out your injectors. This was a good starting point. I have a friend with a mustang and he has the Vortech and a 302. Those Vortechs are sweet. Your truck must rock. What do you have for boost?

Last edited by Moonshadow; 12-20-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Moonshadow
I could have opted for a 3.0 pulley but went with the 3.2. I didn't want to have to change my injectors which can be costly and I wanted to stay with a more conservative tune.

I don't think the Flowmaster is baffled. I got the Force II, 50 Series. I didn't ask if it was baffled or not. I don't think it affects the power at all.

I do love the whine of the blower. It sounds sweet when you get on it.
When you do a pulley swap skip the 3.0 and go to the 2.87 and 60# injectors. If you don't have the mosaleen idler setup buy it. These blowers on built engines have taken the 5.4's to 650+rwhp...

I have the saleen blower FYI.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
When you do a pulley swap skip the 3.0 and go to the 2.87 and 60# injectors. If you don't have the mosaleen idler setup buy it. These blowers on built engines have taken the 5.4's to 650+rwhp...

I have the saleen blower FYI.
Thanks, that's some good info. I'm new to this. 650 rwhp sounds really sweet.

Last edited by Moonshadow; 12-20-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard. There's nothing quite like one of these trucks on boost. Lots of knowledge around here...

Old 12-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Welcome aboard. There's nothing quite like one of these trucks on boost. Lots of knowledge around here...
Thanks, I can see there is lots of knowledge on this forum. I have already learned a few things in the last two days.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moonshadow
Thanks a lot. I'm feeling pretty good about this myself. I have a 3.2 pulley. I could have went with a smaller one. This one puts out 7 to 8 lbs. If you go with a smaller pulley it's suggested that you change out your injectors. This was a good starting point. I have a friend with a mustang and he has the Vortech and a 302. Those Vortechs are sweet. Your truck must rock. What do you have for boost?
I'm only running 8 psi of boost with 39# injectors right now but it's night and day difference with boost, you'll become addicted to it!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard, nice truck!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give some consideration to swapping the injectors. The stock ones are troublesome to begin and quite frankly are junk. Switching to the 39lb is more of a safety measure then it is a performance thing, though they're benifits. Whipple I know for sure and apprently Saleen are using the varible speed fuel pump to get away with not changing injectors. The fuel pump is sped up to produce about 65-70 psi of fuel pressure in the rail at WOT thus forcing more fuel through the stock injectors. While this method is approved by Ford its dumb when you see these injectors failing in NA trucks. Not to mention running the **** outta the stock fuel pump. The injectors aren't that expensive. Get'em here for $261 http://www.blueovalindustries.com/en4545.html

Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Once you think about upgrading the boost and injectors, you should also plan to look at the transmission. There are some exceptional transmission builders/modifiers here on the forum who can help you. Also consider changing out the stock driveshaft.

Good luck,

Lee

Quick Reply: New Supercharged Member