Ordering Roush I/C with Custom Tunes...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Windsor
I thought I could do it on a weekend, but I got bogged down replacing my radiator and hooking up electric fans. I ended up taking the Monday off and still had to work on it in the evenings to completion. The tune will make a difference, but these things get a lot more interesting to drive when temperatures are in the cool to cold range. I'm still running this thing through the stock exhaust. I know there's still a lot of untapped potential with LTs and a dual exhaust. These triple digit heat indices are tough, but I hope to get it done soon.
Yeah, like I said, my IAT's were pushing 150 degrees. WOW!! But, the engine thermo never went above halfway and was actually lower than before ( I put in new coolant).

So, how much of a difference did you guys feel after custom tunes on top of the stock Roush tune? How much after the pulley upgrade?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 PM
I can say that i can tell a differance with the 2.8 pulley but a lot more with the JDM tune.

Glad I was not the only one to do it in more then ten hours.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by subdube
I can say that i can tell a differance with the 2.8 pulley but a lot more with the JDM tune.

Glad I was not the only one to do it in more then ten hours.
I have the 2.8 pulley sitting in my house. Just waiting on the tunes from Troyer so I can install the pulley.

With all the issues I ran into, I took me the better part of a week to get done. Tracking down parts, tools...and I got strep throat in the middle of doign it. It was a mess...but I am very meticulous with these kids of things. So, every little detail was adhered to and I made sure nothign was half-a**sed.

Quick Reply: Ordering Roush I/C with Custom Tunes...