2000 5.4 wanting power

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm staying out of this, just reading and watching.

I have no axe to grind, if somebody needs anything I offer, all they have to do is call.

Ferrari parts anyone?

Old 03-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres sumthing for a change, how about stuffing a 6.8L under the hood and throwing a single turbo set up on top of that!! id be willing to bet bellhouseing pattern is the same on ur 4r70 unless u have the 100 too!! along with slightly diff motor mounts. After watching my friend stuff and i mean jumping up and down on the motor) a DOHC 5.4 in his 97 gt, and useing the factory k member i can believe anything is possible !! hmmm lets see what would a 6.8L do with some wild cams and about 8 to 10 pounds!!!

Old 03-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Sounds like you got a fan Mad...Maybe its time to look into a restraining order...lol
If I had a bumper sticker on my truck that sed"my other car is a ferrari",I'd take you up on that.
And considering my truck has 52k miles of which 30k have been s/c'd,Im about due for a 4r70w monster box.Id rather replace it before it breaks to lessen the downtime.It can only be a matter of time ...ANd w/o all the Advertising in this thread,I know who to call

Frank

And these,,,,Are the days of our lives...he he

Old 03-13-2005, 06:37 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I came so close to stuffing one under my hood. I had the motor all lined up but it turned out to be too risky. The motor had been left our in the rain uncovered for a few years. I didn't feel like tearing it apart to inspect it so I opted for a 5.4. It would be a tight fit for a turbo with the 10 cylinders filling the engine compartment.

JMC

Old 03-15-2005, 01:54 AM
I have asked you many times to stop posting about me, directly to me or quoting me. However, you continue to do so, to only embarrass yourself and this forum.

I am a member that still OWNS and modifiys a late model F150. I have modified the engine compartment, transmission, suspension and interior. I have added a supercharger and related mods and am gathering parts for an engine, supercharger and torque converter swap. I have completed this work myself. I post my experiences and opinions just like everyone eles. I receive assistance and ideals from other members postings and try to help where I can and I will continue to do so, until the webmasters suspend my account........not you.

I post links to actual E.T. and related mod. data, about the systems I am interest in. I can not help it, if you have not and can not do the same as of this date. How you run your business is none of my business. I do not care to comment about what your systems could do or might do sometime in the future. Nor do I care to comment about your speculations or opinions. I do not attack you for your opinions, therefore I will tolerate no less. You continue to waste a large amount of bandwidth attacking me. You only continue to embarrass yourself and this site with these types of postings, postings that you made long before I ever came to this forum.

Me uneducated? HA! Your kidding right? In my opinion, the way you post, only shows your low self esteem, and a host of psychological defects and the fact that you are VERY uneducated about many things. Your reputation? Everytime you attempt to attack a member like this (and you have done so to others), YOU only drive your reputation into the ground, not me. You need to stop blaming others and take responsbility and be professional. Get something for Free? Ha! I was trying to get you to earn the money you took. However, if you thought, I would allow you to attack me so that I could get what I paid for years ago and never received from you as a vendor, you were wrong.....again!

Stop posting about me, to me or quoting me. Your negative postings only create a hostile environment. Its too late to save face, you lost that opportunity long ago. You are only hurting a member that was trying to get input from other members about supercharger choices. Your only forcing this thread to be closed like so many others, when you have embarrassed yourself.

Last edited by iron horse; 03-15-2005 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Something is very wrong here.......

I keep trying to delete Trickless boys posts and its not working! haha!

Asking for a Handout? Ha! Obviously, You still do not understand that post. Like I said before, get back on your meds. Why don't you stopping taking money from customers that you have not EARNED. .....and since you never earned the money you were paid, it appears that you are the one, that has actually ACCEPTED a handout, not me.

Bought a 3.3 from you? ......get back on your meds before you get online, it will help your reading comprehension and posting.....really.

Your not fooling anyone but yourself. I post multiple sources of actual E.T.s and the mods that made them for a supercharger system that is a bolt on in an F150. I have an F150. I want to see multiple real world numbers from a "stock" and extreme system setup. I want to see real world numbers from as many systems as I can find. I found one.....only one system that provides that in detail. Luckly, the lightning supercharger system allows for either a roots, twinscrew, centrifugal and soon a turbo. Thats whats best for me.

The times that I have posted for the system that is a bolt on for my F150, are much faster than anything you have posted, which is very little and this is what you are feebly trying to suppress. You had the perfect platform to back up your hype with your singlecab shortbed and even had a built engine in it with either a Procharger or single turbo and you live near race tracks. You could have had some cool projects, showing the progress in E.T.s with different mods as the project progressed (with even just one of your F150s), if you ever completed them to the level that a vendor hyping this or that system should (and others do). However, note that, I would not even raise these points publicly, if not for you feeble, little attempts at attacking me personally on a public forum. Debate the systems, not the person.

Compelled to correct? You? haha! You need to correct your meds. because your postings are almost incoherent. Stop embarrassing yourself with these hostile postings. Theres too much negativity and not enough fun in this section.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Suspended
Somebody should separate their playpens so that they can't hear each other

you guys just need to give each other a hug

donkey

noun {C}

an animal like a small horse with long ears

jack·*** ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jks)
n.
A male *** or donkey
A foolish or stupid person; a blockhead: “You've acted like an irrational jackass and it's time you stopped” (Margaret Truman).

Crash
To undergo sudden damage or destruction on impact: Their car crashed into a guardrail. The airplane crashed over the ocean.
To make a sudden loud noise: breakers crashing against the rocks.
To move noisily or so as to cause damage: went crashing through the woods.
To undergo a sudden severe downturn, as a market or economy.

Last edited by raider; 03-16-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Suspended
sorry guys I had to give you some Sh@t

Old 03-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by iron horse
g

Your not fooling anyone but yourself. I post multiple sources of actual E.T.s and the mods that made them for a supercharger system that is a bolt on in an F150. I have an F150. I want to see multiple real world numbers from a "stock" and extreme system setup. I want to see real world numbers from as many systems as I can find. I found one.....only one system that provides that in detail. Luckly, the lightning supercharger system allows for either a roots, twinscrew, centrifugal and soon a turbo. Thats whats best for me.

The times that I have posted for the system that is a bolt on for my F150, are much faster than anything you have posted....
i want to see YOUR times. it isnt hard to sit behind a computer and go off the times somebody else has run and has spent the money to put together and ALL OUT race truck that is trailored to the track. maybe i'm wrong for this, but personally i give people MUCH MUCH more credibility when they can show me what they've run and the results they have. if somebody is here just shouting links and what so-and-so did, i mean really, who cares?

mark my word here. the only twin screw or roots based f150's that will ever see 9's will be lightnings. i dont believe a swapover into a non-L truck will ever go that low.

and to answer crash, yes, i would drive my truck off a cliff in about 1 second to get a stang in return. i'm humiliated at all the money i have wasted on this slow piece of garbage. it was fun and i learned considerably, but, lets be real. i'm a red blooded blue collar dude who loves cars.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Mr. Baiter,

Your nuts! haha!

Crash,

Thanks for being civil.

Bullitt,

These comprehensive lists show E.T.s for some trucks that do not have built engines. Some change more, some change less. The point is that it is a comprehensive listing that a consumer can use to determine what different mods can do.

I understand your point about credibility. I just give credence to hard mechanical evidence. You must also understand that, it has been and continues to be only a few members that use a system different from my choice that attempt to discredit my statements, therefore, their comments tend to lack credibility due to their motives. Who cares? Look at the view counts for these and other threads dealing with it, obviously many are reading about it as well as, you responded to it.

I think we will see as "Lightning" fast or faster times from F150s. Why? If you look at what made the Lightnings fast and then consider that we as F150 owners have access to their supercharger assembly, current and pending adapter kits for the twinscrew 2.3s, 3.3s, centrifugal, and turbos, built engines, Monster Box Transmissions, etc., and with the ever increasing mod. data, it is just a matter of time, before F150s compete consistently at the same level as a Lightning or any other trucks, since they are both F150s and the lightning supercharger assembly can bolt on, in our trucks. As an indicator, look at Ebay. Lightning supercharger assemblys are being sold on that site on a daily bases. Guess who's buying them.

.......and hey, if we all used the same thing, what a boring place it would be!

Last edited by iron horse; 03-17-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Supercab F-150 weighs ~5100lbs (mine weighs 5300), 9 second Lightnings weigh ~4100lbs.

It's going to take a heap of horsepower and moreover some new traction device to run with them.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:40 AM
.....maybe I am just crazy (okay I am), cause' my only point was......

F150 singlecab flareside/styleside vs. F150 Lightning (flareside)
F150 supercab flareside vs. F150 Harley Davidson supercab flareside (not factory supercharged but should have been!)
F150 Supercrew vs. F150 harley Davidson Supercrew

The fact that, the SAME engine, forced induction system, torque converter, transmission, rearend, fuel mods, tuned chip, suspension, etc., can be used in ALL the above trucks, and many F150 owners are already headed down this road, means that the F150 CAN and will compete with the Lightnings (meaning all factory supercharged versions of the F150) because, they are at their "mechanical core" (or frame) ALL F150s.

If a Lightning can get a 9 second 1/4 E.T., there will be an F150 single cab flareside/styleside owner, that goes, hmmmm.....The warranty is up and I need a new engine and trans. anyway, and if I get that 2.3 or 3.3 twinscrew adapter kit for the lightning supercharger assembly and reduce some weight and if I research to see what is the fastest combo and I copy it .......I think I can get in the low 10s or high 9s, just like JLP, JDM, and PSP! ....or there will be a supercab or supercrew owner that goes through the same process to attain high 10s or low 11s like JLP.

.......Hey Mad, after you decide which adapter kit to install on your lightning supercharger assembly, I bet you get into the high 11s or low 12s

Last edited by iron horse; 03-18-2005 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 5.4 wanting power