Can't Decide Which Sub..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Decide Which Sub..

to buy. I've narrowed it down to the following two..

Rockford Fosgate P3SD210

or

Alpine SWS-1023D

I suspect both with suite my needs fine. I am going to power a single 10 with a RF 301S amp bridged to 300 watts RMS. I prefer the dual 2ohm coils to allow me to get the 4ohm load I need. The Alpine is cheaper but the only thing that concerns me is it claims to go up to 700Hz. What kinda subwoofer goes up to 700?

If anyone has a different suggestion feel free to throw that out there as well, but it must be SHALLOW and must be in this same price range. I likely won't buy it from Crutchfield to be a cheapskate (even though I bought my Avic-D3 and my Type-S 5x7's from them.)

Thanks guys..

Old 03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I just installed a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3SD410's and I love them. I paid $150 locally because I could not take any more chances of getting damaged speakers and didn't want to wait. I could have gotten them for $200 for the pair on eBay.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I just installed a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3SD410's and I love them. I paid $150 locally because I could not take any more chances of getting damaged speakers and didn't want to wait. I could have gotten them for $200 for the pair on eBay.
Very cool, thanks for the input. I just want some rather tight decent bass. Nothing stupid, just good clean sound to fill in the rest of the range that is glaringly empty by running 4 5x7s.

Thanks for the info man..

Old 03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I just installed a kicker 10'cvr sub, custom box under rear sear, and a 300 watt rms mono kicker amp. All I can say is DAMNNNNNNN sounds deeper,fuller than my buddy's ( he has 2 10's) Thank god I didnt get 2.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Stereo

Originally Posted by chenchio
I just installed a kicker 10'cvr sub, custom box under rear sear, and a 300 watt rms mono kicker amp. All I can say is DAMNNNNNNN sounds deeper,fuller than my buddy's ( he has 2 10's) Thank god I didnt get 2.

I have 2 08' Kicker L7's in a monster ported box in my 98 F150 extended cab....i had to ditch the backseat but its worth it if your into car stereo. I need to get a better amp tho i'm only running a Lanzar Vibe276(2400w 2 channel) Now they bang.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by tyler98stepside
I have 2 08' Kicker L7's in a monster ported box in my 98 F150 extended cab....i had to ditch the backseat but its worth it if your into car stereo. I need to get a better amp tho i'm only running a Lanzar Vibe276(2400w 2 channel) Now they bang.
I'd love to do it but not willing to give up the back seat. I bet it hits HARD though!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:00 PM
I went to four different sterio shops and lissened to subs that they had on display and I will say hands down that the P3SD210 sounded the best. I just ordered the Rockford fosgate sub off Ebay for $94.00. Also look at boxes for your truck and see what size they come in, and then see if the sub you want falls in that range of air space the box has. Good Luck

Old 03-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Andy-jr.
I went to four different sterio shops and lissened to subs that they had on display and I will say hands down that the P3SD210 sounded the best. I just ordered the Rockford fosgate sub off Ebay for $94.00. Also look at boxes for your truck and see what size they come in, and then see if the sub you want falls in that range of air space the box has. Good Luck
It's ironic you say that. Last night I pulled the trigger and bought the P3SD210 as well. I'm only going to run one under the rear driver side seat in my Scab. I really am only looking for low end fill to round out the sound. I listen to mostly country, 80s rock, and modern rock so 1 should do the trick. I'm sure that for an occasional bass track the single sub will perform acceptably as well.

I took the cheater way out as far as a box is concerned. I bought one off eBay for $116 TTD. I don't know if it'll be the perfect solution but the specs match the P3SD210 perfectly. Adequate mount depth and .75 cu ft of air space...

Old 03-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chenchio
Kicker CVR's are awesome. i have two 2ohms hooked up to a kicker 750.1 amp(943 watts) under my rear seat in my 01 f-150. that BANG when i want them to, but can be discreet when i want them to. check ebay for all your stuff, and try to buy it from electronic companies, they wont screw you over.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Justi
It's ironic you say that. Last night I pulled the trigger and bought the P3SD210 as well. I'm only going to run one under the rear driver side seat in my Scab. I really am only looking for low end fill to round out the sound. I listen to mostly country, 80s rock, and modern rock so 1 should do the trick. I'm sure that for an occasional bass track the single sub will perform acceptably as well.

I took the cheater way out as far as a box is concerned. I bought one off eBay for $116 TTD. I don't know if it'll be the perfect solution but the specs match the P3SD210 perfectly. Adequate mount depth and .75 cu ft of air space...
Cool, you will have to let us know how it sounds. I am also having to wait for my box, I ordered mine on line also. The good thing about having to wait for the box is that I can take my time on installing the amp and running the wires the correct way instead of rushing it. here is the box I ordered.....http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Andy-jr.
Cool, you will have to let us know how it sounds. I am also having to wait for my box, I ordered mine on line also. The good thing about having to wait for the box is that I can take my time on installing the amp and running the wires the correct way instead of rushing it. here is the box I ordered.....http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
That's not a bad point. I still have the amp from my old install so perhaps I'll go ahead and get that mounted this weekend. I'm not looking forward to removing the rear seat but there simply does not appear to be enough room under the front passanger seat which is where I had it mounted in my 03 Dakota QC..

Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's not a bad point. I still have the amp from my old install so perhaps I'll go ahead and get that mounted this weekend. I'm not looking forward to removing the rear seat but there simply does not appear to be enough room under the front passanger seat which is where I had it mounted in my 03 Dakota QC..
try mounting it under the driver seat. thats where i have it in my Scab. hasnt overheated yet...(knock on wood)

Old 03-18-2008, 03:17 AM
BEHIND THE SEATS!

Quick Reply: Can't Decide Which Sub..