Bartak1's Install thread thingy

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
Where did you get it from? I'm ready to order..........

Ebay Just search for "Kicker 1/0" and you will get some results. Prices differ on all of them, but once you add shipping they all end up being right around 100 bucks.

Eduh is one of those companies I will never own anything from...

Augs, there are no passive crossovers. Each tweeter and mid is ran off its own channel on the amp. The amp's crossovers are set for full pass, but I use the crossovers on the HU to set them. Right now, I have the mids bandpassed, 63 hz xover on the bottom end, 3150hz xover on the top side. The tweets are high passed at 3150hz. Needs some more tuning but it works for now.
Ill be watching for the pics

Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 PM
BAH! I dunno whats going on, Im confused/P.O.ed.

I had/have a noise problem. At first I though "No biggie, just that quicky ground I did" because I just grounded it to a bolt that held in my jack, didnt really even scuff up the metal or anything, figured it would work fine for the time being. So I decided to change it; drilled a hole, ground it down to bare metal, yadda yadda....doesnt fix it. So now Im a little mad. Maybe its the RCA's, after all, they were only 7 bucks a piece. Switched them with a different set I had laying around...still had the noise. HU ground maybe? Scuffed up the grounding point a little more and played with it, still noise. Maybe that is a bad ground to use? So, I had the cd player on, and pulled off the ground...THE CD PLAYER WAS STILL GOING! Im sitting there holding the ground wire, and the tunes are pumping away like nothing. WTF, I sat in astonishment for 30 seconds. Maybe its the RCA's somehow...unhook all them, still plays. Mess around with the ground a bunch and what not, nothing. I couldnt figure out how it was running with only a constant and switched wire hooked up to it. Then I saw the antenna wire hooked up...no, cant be that. Unhook the antenna and it shuts it off. I dunno wtf is up with that. Is the outside part of the antenna wire grounded to the body or something?
Anywho, I figured that was it; the antenna was acting as a ground, and it was a bad one, so I leave the antenna unplugged, hook everything back up and...still got the noise.

Then I though maybe that stupid 'delay power' wire that I have my switched wire hooked to, since it maked a little buzzing sound whenever I open the door to turn off the radio. Tap the switched wire straight into my constant wire and I still have the damn noise.

So Im pissed, I dunno what to try. I quit because it was getting late; any ideas people? Its just a constant static noise Im getting, doesnt get any louder when I turn the volume up, but goes away (I think) when the volume is completley down.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude Eclipse H/u's are junk, my bro's avn 2454 had the SAME EXACT problem

eclipse = noise, alt whine and constant ground loop problems

that alpine w200 or kenwood ddx-6019 doesn't look to bad now ehh?

Old 04-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
dude Eclipse H/u's are junk, my bro's avn 2454 had the SAME EXACT problem

eclipse = noise, alt whine and constant ground loop problems

that alpine w200 or kenwood ddx-6019 doesn't look to bad now ehh?

No.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Is this only when the truck is running? I wonder how good these coil on plug wires are for sheilding.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by Impact9
Is this only when the truck is running? I wonder how good these coil on plug wires are for sheilding.

Nope, its any time the radio is on.

Im wondering if its something with this truck, or amp maybe...

Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I know its not the HU because I didnt have a noise problem at all in the '99 I had it installed in.

...unless I managed to mess the HU up somehow between that truck and this one.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Might try hooking a MP3 player up to the amps and see if the noise is still there. That would eliminate the headunit. Or cranks the gains with the headunit disconnected that might show noise if it is the amps.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:30 PM
you do have 2 amps though, do they both have the noise?

Old 04-22-2007, 11:35 PM
you do have 2 amps though, do they both have the noise?

Only have the 4 channel in at the moment.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Any good news on the install? Great write up BTW.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, nothing new really.

I just ordered the Kicker 1/0 kit off ebay. $92.95, I think thats a kicka$$ deal for what all you get.

I got home early today and was going to start on the box, but I still dont know what to do about cutting the two edges on the front side since I dont have a table saw for a good angle. I might have access to a saw though, going to have to check it out tomorrow and see what its like and what I can do with it.

Not having the bass hasn't bothered me to much for the past month, but Im starting to get anxious and now I'm wanting to get it in.

I have a buddy that says he might be able to get me some 1/0 for free that I can use for the Big3.
Havent done anything about sounddeadening yet.

Thats about all for the time being. When the install kit gets here I will have some pics installing it.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Go to lowes and get that $99 delta table saw with the stand. But for me I cut nearly all my box using my Hitachi circular saw. Don't skimp there a good circular saw with a heavy base will save a ton of headaches. Also get a drywall square.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Nope, its any time the radio is on.

Im wondering if its something with this truck, or amp maybe...
I'm telling you its the hu, and its a ground loop problem, I had the same problem with my brothers eclipse, found out it was grounding itself through the video out rca and one of those cheap video spliters, that fixed the problem for a few months then all of the sudden wEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH it was back

Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Go to lowes and get that $99 delta table saw with the stand. But for me I cut nearly all my box using my Hitachi circular saw. Don't skimp there a good circular saw with a heavy base will save a ton of headaches. Also get a drywall square.

Yeah, if I would have more use for a table saw I would get it; dont see the use in getting one and using it once every 2 or so years though. A new circular saw might be in order...one that I can adjust for a perfect angled cut and all high tech. The old Skill I always use is a little dated.

Styx, Ill try to mess around with something like that. How did you go about fixing your problem? I have a few ideas that might work.

Quick Reply: Bartak1's Install thread thingy