Chapters and Site name usage

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2000, 02:08 PM
F150online
Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19-SeventyFord, you had me at "I think..."

Thanks for the summary, sounds right-on!

Steve

Old 08-09-2000, 02:09 PM
F150online
Founder
but I still have a head ache
I need a Texas strength margarita right about now...anyone want to join me? I'll be in Dallas in October...gather your throwing rocks!

Old 08-09-2000, 03:36 PM
i my by far not the smartest person around but i believe ( i think i am right )that f150 online is actually copyrighted by steve. if this actually the case, legally, should we all need steve's expressed consent to use f150 online in any way or form..i am not trying to take sides here, but more just state that we should look at both sides here ( and i think that is being done )..we should give it a rest and see what steve comes up with,, i have yet to be disappointed in any thing steve has done so i am confident something will be worked out that benefits everyone involved...just my .02 worth.. evryone kick back, have a beer and lets see what comes about

Old 08-09-2000, 04:16 PM
Cool

Don't get me wrong Steve, I for one enjoy this site and check it at least 2 time a day. If not for this site my (Sorry Aeneamarie's) truck wouldn't look like it does or get the comments it does.

Like I said earlier let us know where we stand. At the top of this post you said that you were meeting with a lawer next week. That was last week, do you have any information for us. Anything we need to do to speed the process, or to help you out.

I know the NJ Chapter has been patient waiting for your answer to have decals and signs made up. We have a state decal ready to go into production.

I still don't see how you do it. The first thing they teach new supervisors in the military is to DELEGATE. You have a wealth of capible people here and they are willing to help. I know how it is with "Your Baby" but I think it's getting a little large for just I person to handle. Let us know how we can help.

Remember you are a member of the NJ Chapter no matter what the outcome. Wait a minute I would like to see your polo shirt with 50 different chapter logos on it.

Please just let us know what is going on.

If you can't tell from all these posts, we all are interested in becoming a chapter.

Old 08-09-2000, 05:20 PM
F150online
Founder
UPDATE I have a meeting with my attorney tomorrow morning at 9am. For those that care, the major issues to be discussed are:

1) Formation of a legal corporate "entity" for F-150 Online, or an umbrella "parent corporation" for all the web stuff I am working on.

2) Discussion on clubs, chapters, memberships, etc. and how to best handle establishing such an organization.

3) Some other stuff that only lawyers are allowed to know right now...

Hope that appeases anyone that has been thinking of jumping ship to somewhere else.

Steve

Old 08-09-2000, 06:28 PM
Cool

Thank you,
Thats all I need for now is to know that progress is being made. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 08-09-2000, 07:16 PM
F150online
Founder
...and if wasn't p*ssed of enough today...one the way home tonight something flys off the back of a truck, I run over it, I get a blowout. Changing a tire in 95 degree weather sucks!!

Old 08-09-2000, 07:40 PM
Could be worse Steve, could have been 97 degrees like here in Texas...And we dont have rocks here in Texas we have boulders...but we are using them for landscaping..You are safe for now..lol...
One more thing you could talk to your attorney about...Maybe a release of liability...I know that is the main topic here....But I am no lawyer so I dont know if it would do any good to have one anyway..but figue I would mention it...Dave

Old 08-09-2000, 08:36 PM
Man, or woman, as the case may be - I'm sure glad I did not drop a cup of hot cofee in (on) my crotch???
Tom. - I hope your still here, it really takes guys like you to keep this kind of site going.
Yeah, I dont get off the Island much, couple of times a year, MAYBE, but a $100 Cnd - ONE WAY, ( with my 5th) what do you expect, & I dont expect to think you think about it, nor should you, however, I would like to remain a part of a "Northwest", or "Washington" chapter, or what ever.
I'm no legal whiz - But "so & so chapter, of Ford owners " does not seem like a big deal to me.
OK so you drop the F150 On Line.
Does that eliminate the possible litigation to Steve??
All 7000 members know who we are, don't we???

------------------
98 F150 S/C 4.6 2wd 50yr. Anniv. edition Vermillion/Silver,HD Tow Pkg, Boards, Vents, Lund Bug Chaser, LaBra Tonneau cover, DIY "breezer" Tailgate, 5th whl hitch, Tool box, 16" OEM Mag's,-BEEP,BEEP roadrunner floor mats.
Mobil 1 /Ford Oil filter/ K&N / air box mod.
In looks & go - Chevy - like a rock.

Old 08-09-2000, 08:41 PM
F150online
Founder
...and now I see where much of this hostility is coming from, the rumor that I sold my truck on some other site and bought a muscle car. Thanks for perpetuating that in your chapter communication mtknee and thanks for the chance to defend myself. If anyone is interested in the truth, I still own my truck and the only muscle car in my garage is my wife's 1994 Honda Civic, though it is an EX Coupe, so I can see how that would be misinterpreted.

As far as the site being for sale, I will tell everyone here what I have told others. I am not shopping this site around for a buyer. If an offer were to come my way that included, at minimum, seven zeros, I would entertain it. How likely is that you might ask? Well, that answers any rumors that the site may be for sale.

If you've left for that other site already, I am sorry to hear that. I am even more sorry that after running this place for three+ years and creating what I thought was a pretty friendly environment for F-150 owners that I would be stabbed in the back and not given the opportunity to defend myself. I guess I will find out who my real friends are over the next few days.

Old 08-09-2000, 09:06 PM
Banned
Webmaster I believe your source is making mistakes. As for the Mustang this is a very old rumor. The one that has to do with you posting on another site talking about buying a mustang and selling your truck does not matter or have anything to do with this. I think that you might be beating on people for no reason!!!!

Old 08-09-2000, 09:12 PM
F150online
Founder
What the hell Mustang site have I posted on???????? And, frankly, who is being beaten on here? mtknee sends an email that is a pack of lies advocating that people flee this site and I am the one beating on people?

Can anyone submit any proof that these rumors are true? I would like to track down the sources and set them straight with a 2x4 upside their heads.

Old 08-09-2000, 09:20 PM
Big Brother is watching, Steve you have crossed the line! You are reading the Webmail, you have lost all respect and dignity.

You have no idea where my information comes from, I have been on the phone and using personal correspondence all hours of the night and day for the past week on this subject. My office Email box was overflowing Tuesday with messages from concerned members. I had not posted any more responses since I started this post since I was on the fence, waiting to see what would evolve. I am not out to get anyone, I was hoping for the best from this site. I have been here just a year this week, I have tried to promote it by any means possible. I have tried 4 times before I was successfull in starting a club based from this site. I have joked that this is the Hotel California, but after this action of yours to intercept and read webmail not addressed to you is a blatant disregard for the respect of the members who support your site. Therefore I AM CHECKING OUT NOW! I will not be back. I once said in a post in January, I'd be proud to shake your hand, I now would be offended to be seen in the same room as you!

Old 08-09-2000, 09:28 PM
F150online
Founder
Not reading "webmail" mtknee, so don't try perpetuating that rumor. There is a privacy policy here that says I won't and I won't. The email was forwarded to me by someone on your distribution list. Sorry, you have a leak.

I never said you were the original source of the rumor, you just chose to perpetuate it, surprising consider you once "be proud to shake your hand." Thanks for the benefit of the doubt in contacting me first.

It looks like the discussion with the lawyers about formulating chapters is a dead one now. The TX, WA and NJ are all fleeing because of untruths and lies. Not much I can do now, so I won't waste my money.

Steve

P.S. - And thanks again everyone for giving me a chance to defend myself. Now I know that those that claimed to be my friends are truly not.

Old 08-09-2000, 09:29 PM
F150online
Founder
And since this thread is of absolutely no value anymore, it is being closed.

Quick Reply: Chapters and Site name usage