Chapters and Site name usage

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2000, 12:00 AM
F150online
Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What was a hobby has become a business - incorporated or not - like it or not.
Yes, all, this IS a business now. It costs $$$ to operate. Do you want the site to remain available to you? Advertisers flit the bill. There is the reality check. Thousands of users and hundreds of thousand of pageviews each month equate to bills. If that somehow offends people out there, I would suggest moving on to another site, there are plenty of them out there. And if you are so offended that I might ask for clubs to share the cost of creating a legitimate legal offline organzation to remove the personal liability from me, perhaps you should move on as well.

You have no idea how angry I am right now!!

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 08-09-2000).]

Old 08-10-2000, 12:11 AM
Angry

Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't have 50 states interested in club events. We have 5 maybe 6 right now so is it still going to be $10.00 per club/chapter or are we going to have to take up the slack and pay $100.00 each per year. We (The NJ Chapter) have about 10 people but 4 core members. There is a big difference in $0.25 and $25.00, it's not much but to just have the f150online.com in our name?

Sorry Steve don't take this the wrong way but how can you charge us to use f150online.com when you don't own the f150 logo. A couple of months back you made a couple of posts on Ford and this site. What would happen to the chapters if Ford has a problem with f150online.com.

Yes we would never have met if not for this site and I'm alway telling people about it. But I think an answer is well over due. You have a link on the front page to send information to the nearest club https://www.f150online.com/clubs/index.html but when I signed up nothing happened. The NJ Chapter sent a request to have the information forwarded to us and no response.

I'm willing to spend some money but please let us know how much. I think we have been very patient, we could have just used it and said he'll never come up here anyway. $10.00-20.00 I spend that much for magazines each year. Please let us know we love this site and want to promote the site and our Chapter but this is wearing thin.Sme people are talking of just dealing with the local sites and the heck with f150online.com.

I'm pretty sure that a lawer could have an answer to you in a couple weeks. Please let us know. Knowledge is a wonderful thing to keep people happy. If we would know that the lawer said this or is doing that it would make a great difference to everyone.

Webmaster New Jersey Chapter (of www.f150online.com (someday maybe))

------------------
GOLD RUSH

'99 F150 XLT SC SB 5.4x2 Harvest Gold
3.55 limited slip
Trailer towing package
In-dash CD player
Ford Beanie bear
Slip on extender mirrors
Powerstop brake controller
Covermaster 1000 topper with wing
BugflectorII
Ventvisors (front&rear)
3 www.f150online.com decals
Ford Lumi Logo
Steelhorse Billet grill
Ford hitch cover
Yellow wire loom
Hyper White head light bulb
Painted to match AVS slotted taillight covers
Ford system 4 alarm
Clear turn signals
"Blazer" strip reflectors under tailgate

<A HREF="http://www.firezap.url4life.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

<A HREF="http://njf150truckclub.homestead.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>
firezap@f150fanatic.com
firezapper@home.com

[This message has been edited by Firezap (edited 08-09-2000).]

Old 08-10-2000, 12:18 AM
Sorry to have upset you so Steve. You're not listening to those that support you the most.

I won't be bothering you again. Feel free to remove my registration to the message boards, I've already unsubscribed to the discussion list.

Bye folks,
Tom in Tacoma

Old 08-10-2000, 12:19 AM
F150online
Founder
but how can you charge us to use f150online.com
How am I "charging" you?? I am not looking to profit from this.

Once again, F-150 Online is a web site, not an offline organization. I am not "charging" you anything. I am potentially asking "chapters" that want to use the site's name to share in the legal costs of establishing such an organization. This is not as trivial as some of you think it is.

Steve

Old 08-10-2000, 12:22 AM
F150online
Founder
Tom,

I have no intention or interest in removing you from the message boards. You have been a valuable asset to this site and the email discussion list since the early days.

I think it is you that is not listening or choosing not to really read what I have read. But, if that is your decision, so be it. I, and others, will be sorry to see you go.

Steve

Old 08-10-2000, 12:44 AM
how about this? how about the TX Chapter being its own offline organization(in my mind it already is) independent of f150online.com? Maybe we could just take the www. and .com off of the stickers. Would any of this make sense. I'm just saying if we are our own independent organizations that just happen to meet here what is the problem with that. We could be the TX Chapter of F150s at Yahoo.com or something. I think I'm still missing the point, sorry if I am pissing anyone off. I'm just trying to find a way to make this work and nothing sounds better than TX Chapter www.f150online.com. I'd miss it alot.

Quick Reply: Chapters and Site name usage