My Predictions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Just a minor point here. Everyone DOES understand that Rasmussen's polls are always slanted in favor of the GOP, don't they? Why would you reference a poll that only tells you what you want to hear? You can bet the Romney camp doesn't.

Frank, do I understand you think the President IS a dictator? Is the opinion that he is not, a "Democratic talking point"? It certainly can't be the characterization of the GOP as the "party of NO". That was a stated goal of the Republican leadership. Don't you remember?

- Jack
Oy vey.

Rasmussen's polls are not slanted in favor of the GOP. This is a common falsehood generated by the left wing nutters. They just don't oversample dems as much, that's how they get their results. Rasmussen is the most accurate major pollster out there.

I have no idea how you get the idea that I think the president is a dictator. You must be uptight over the election. However, when the president's party has control of all 3 branches of gov't, the balance of power is almost non-existent. Let's not try to play word games here. The future of this country is at stake. Especially with newborns now owing over 200,000 dollars in debt.

If Romney wins and he doesn't get the job done, we'll go another route in 2016.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Here's a good article that explains how Rasmussen and Gallup sample. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

You won't get this kind of reporting in Cali or from the 3 blind mice : ABCCBSNBC

Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
For your sake, Frank, I hope you're right! Anyway, won't be long now.

- Jack

Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
For your sake, Frank, I hope you're right! Anyway, won't be long now.

- Jack
There's where you're wrong again, Jack. For my employee's sake. Because if Obamacare is fully implemented, I'll have to let more people go in the next 2-3 years.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Frank S
There's where you're wrong again, Jack. For my employee's sake. Because if Obamacare is fully implemented, I'll have to let more people go in the next 2-3 years.
It's good that you'll have an excuse.

- Jack

Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- Jack
????

Care to explain that? Is it in anyway like voting for revenge?

You really think Frank WANTS to fire his employees, but is looking for an excuse to provide cover? Got any evidence?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Revenge is all we got.
We're bitterly clinging to our contraceptives and our bong pipes.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 PM

- Jack
Actually Jack, I am proud to employee people and my desire is to be hiring, not layoffs. My health insurance costs have risen 4 times in the last 30 months.

What has gotten into you?

Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
Alot of these polls that point to an Obama win or that have it all tied up at this point assume that the Democrats will get equal or greater turnout to 2008. The latest CNN poll for example is D+11, which is absurd. This election will come down to turnout, and I don't believe Obama will get as much as he did in 2008. I see turnout being about equal this time, maybe the Democrats get a D+3 advantage in turnout overall, but Romney still wins in that scenario.
Something I read else along these lines. Just about all of the polls assume Democrats have increased their numbers with new registrations more than Republicans. In reality, based on data provided by the states the Republicans have increased their numbers by a wider margin. How that effects the polling is it skews the numbers twice. First it shows that the raw polling data is not a fair representation and second it further skews the numbers by adjusting the number toward the Democrats when expanded nation wide. What that really means is the Republicans are ahead by 5-10 points. I don't know if it is accurate or not, but that is the report I read.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Frank--Don't know if this is a possibility for you, but some of the major restaurant chains are cutting many of their full time employees to part time. They are still getting almost the same number of hours, but not quite. It has been a while, but I think it 32 hours instead of 40 hours per week. This prevents the restaurant from having to buy health insurance and keeps them from being fined for not buying. Unfortunately the employees take a double whammy pay cut. They lose actual pay and they have to buy their own health insurance. I haven't heard if the chains are increasing hourly pay to compensate for the shorter hours.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Early voting counts in the states that report early/absentee is already pointing to Obama not getting near the turnout that he got in 2008. I think alot of pollsters are going to have egg on their face by the time this is over.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
I think alot of pollsters are going to have egg on their face by the time this is over.
Getting that feeling, too.

IMO, Republicans are less likely to talk to pollsters and more likely to turn out.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm exhausted.
Voted four times and it's not even 10 am yet.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Global Moderator &

Heck, with early voting, people here are voting 20 or more times!

Frank, it's always easier to fire people than it is to "work smarter". Putting the blame on the other guy makes it easier for you to look in the mirror. We as a Country have gotten very good at this paradigm. Why don't you start thinking creatively?

- Jack

Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts

Quick Reply: My Predictions