My Predictions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
Everything will be made available to you after he leaves Office at his Presidential Library, which as you know will be located in his home State of Hawaii

.......or it could be in Kenya, I'm not for sure on that.
That's the best you got?

Looks like you are eligible to vote for Herman Cain afterall

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
That's the best you got?
I have a Cold and I've been running a low-grade fever.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank S
Why is it that you always go from one extreme to the other? You're like a light switch. No one wants to eliminate all regulations, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that our economy is over-regulated.

You can't have job growth with onerous taxes and regulations on businesses. The current state of our economy proves this.
Frank, I hate to admit it, but you have me "pegged" correctly. I always argue in binary terms because for me, it brings clarity. I find the true path is somewhere between the two poles.

But, you can wear yourself out arguing the minutia that lies in this region. I think it's better to establish extremes and then work from those extremes no one wants to a compromise that is acceptable to everyone.

And, compromise is a two-way street. I cannot compromise toward your position if I don't see you doing the same toward mine. So, if you take a hard line, then I am forced to do the same. I certainly can't abandon my principles just because you espouse different ones.

So, when I detect a shift in your position, you'll see a shift in mine. And this is not a game of "chicken". It just means a person has to acknowledge something acceptable in the other guy's point of view.

I think I've done that. I admit that Government is too big. And, I think Government tries to do too much for everyone, at the expense of everyone. So, the ball's in your court.

- Jack

Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't put this off on me, Jack. No one is buying your deflecting.

I know all about compromise. I deal with it on a daily basis in my dealings.

Your 'hey, let's just create anarchy' is the typical Alinksky-ish tactics used by liberals for years.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Jack, you want I should group hug him with my low-grade fever?

Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Raoul
Jack, you want I should group hug him with my low-grade fever?
Please!

- Jack

Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I must say I really want to see this "affordable" health care, as the only thing I have seen so far is doctors who are getting out due to the cost and paperwork, new taxes for Medicare, penalties if you do not but health care, and penalties if you buy too expensive of a health plan. Don't see anything affordable there. Almost seems like they are trying to force everyone into a certain type of health plan.

And as for the fiscal cliff coming, some dems think the best thing to do is jump off so they can demand more.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121113/DA2HDQQG0.html

As far as the deficit, it went up 22% in October to $120 billion. 11 more months like that and Obama will set a new record.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/budget-defi...-business.html

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
....the private sector in general works to satisfy stockholders. If they're happy, the company's board members are happy. As long as the company is profitable, it really doesn't matter who gets hurt, and that attitude can persist as long as it doesn't cost too much when someone DOES get hurt. The company works for the company, not the consumer.
You must live in a megalopolis, teaming with big, scary corporations. Out here in average America, where I live, it's not about stockholders and board members. The world that I live in has presidents and CEO's out in the trenches, getting their hands dirty, breaking their bodies to make a living for themselves as well as provide good jobs for a few others. It's a world where making profits comes second to keeping customers happy. Big government nickles and dimes these small business and onerous regulation is the boot on their throats.

The Government supposedly works for the welfare of the people - a very different concept. Government answers to the people and the people can replace the Government using the power of their vote when they feel they are being ill-served. We saw that happen in 2008 and again in 2010. None of this guarantees that individual members of government will be altruistic, intelligent, or even honorable. But, the motivation is at least theoretically more on the side of the "governed", in my opinion.
The goverment was never intended to work FOR the welfare of the people, only to help promote it, two very different concepts. People cannot replace government only people elected to represent a specific region. In '08 people voted to change leadership, because many felt they were being ill served. In '12, the conditions are worse than '08 but a majority voted to keep doing the same thing. Many have expressed that they are being ill served, yet voted to keep doing the same thing. In my opinion, the motivation here is, too many people have become accustomed to riding in the cart, and believe that a smaller and smaller portion of the population should be pulling it.

It's pretty amazing how we can all live in the same country and see completely different pictures of what is going on.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
As far as the deficit, it went up 22% in October to $120 billion. 11 more months like that and Obama will set a new record.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/budget-defi...-business.html
The sad part is that is the deficit for October. Bush's deficit for ALL of 2007 was just a little more than that (roughly 160 billion). ***/u/ming it stays the same for the rest of the year it would put our yearly deficit at 1.44 trillion dollars. So hows that $70 billion yearly savings from sequestration looking now. We would still have a yearly deficit substantially larger by hundreds of billions of dollars than 2008, when Obama was elected. When Bush left office he had a bad year and had deficits of just over $400 billion. Obama has "ended two wars and brought the troops home", and "the economy is doing good", but somehow our deficits have more than tripled in the mean time.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by wittom
...<snip>... It's pretty amazing how we can all live in the same country and see completely different pictures of what is going on.
It IS, isn't it? But I suspect the true picture is somewhere in between the two polar opposites. We all exaggerate the good and bad we see to bolster our position in these matters.

Nevertheless, I still think the Country will survive and it would have survived too if Governor Romney had been elected. And probably, four years from now, regardless of who won, things would not be all that different.

You can take that as another "prediction", if you'd like. I think I'm through in this thread. It's been a lively one.

- Jack

Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
It IS, isn't it? But I suspect the true picture is somewhere in between the two polar opposites. We all exaggerate the good and bad we see to bolster our position in these matters.

Nevertheless, I still think the Country will survive and it would have survived too if Governor Romney had been elected. And probably, four years from now, regardless of who won, things would not be all that different.

You can take that as another "prediction", if you'd like. I think I'm through in this thread. It's been a lively one.

- Jack
There you go again! Exaggerating. Liberals by their very nature exaggerate. We conservatives, on the other hand, due to our nature are unable to exaggerate. We tend to understate.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:08 AM
The GOP preaches fiscal conservativism but doesn't practice it in reality as has been shown with Reagan and 2 Bushes. Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are no better here but aren't chirping the message.

The GOP preaches small government but wants to dictate everyone's bedroom and personal lives. That doesn't seem like small government to me.

The GOP will never win another presidency until it rids itself of the religious right. If they truly followed the preaching of fiscal conservativism they might have a chance as long as it doesn't become a windfall for the 1% and putting the burden on the rest. The majority of people except in pockets of the deep south don't go to church and even if they do, they don't take it to a fundamental extreme. The small % that do are not enough to override those that don't care about gay marriage, abortion and birth control.

The idea of selling one message to the voters to get elected then going another is what killed the GOP in 2012. They preached jobs then went on a social crusade against abortion and stuff...no jobs bills and nothing to help the economy. Well that and the legitimate abortion crowd.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 AM
I think you will find almost everything is relative. A 400 billion dollar deficit is much more conservative than a 1.1 (or expected 1.4) trillion dollar deficit. Also at least with the most recent Bush most of his drunken sailor ways, were a result of reaching across the aisle to try to appease liberals. The two years Bush had the biggest deficits were his first and last years. Those also happen to be the years that the economy had issues. The first was due to the tech bubble imploding then the 911 attacks taking out over a billion dollars from the economy. The last year was due to the housing bubble finally popping. The rest of the time Bush's deficits were in the 100-200 billion range. That is not good, but it is much better than the $1.xx trillion deficits we have had for the last four years. The worst part about it all is Bush had those deficits while fighting two wars. Obama has over a trillion in deficits and one war has wound down and the other is winding down. Just those peace savings alone should have taken care of the deficits Bush generated, but they won't.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
The GOP preaches fiscal conservativism but doesn't practice it in reality as has been shown with Reagan and 2 Bushes. Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are no better here but aren't chirping the message....<snip>...
Say it correctly, not like the media would. The Democrats are a multiple worse with spending.

....<snip>...The GOP preaches small government but wants to dictate everyone's bedroom and personal lives. That doesn't seem like small government to me....<snip>...
They don't want to legalize something, that does not mean they will need to create a department to monitor it.
It is leaving things as they are today, not adding new laws. That sounds like using the laws we have today, not adding to the mess.
- Not that I agree with it, marriage is accountable for ruining 50% + of relationships in the US. If another category wants to get in on that action, let them.
I know the media has trained you with these talking points, but think them through just a little bit.

....<snip>... If they truly followed the preaching of fiscal conservativism they might have a chance as long as it doesn't become a windfall for the 1% and putting the burden on the rest.
...<snip>...
Right, we know the top 1% earners in the country have a windfall now, they are not paying a dime
Download the ETR table from the CBO or IRS. You might be shocked that the sound bites the media feeds you are not reality.

....<snip>... The idea of selling one message to the voters to get elected then going another is what killed the GOP in 2012. They preached jobs then went on a social crusade against abortion and stuff...no jobs bills and nothing to help the economy. Well that and the legitimate abortion crowd.
The GOP came out of the gates with a plan after the 2010 election.
The Senate and the party of no leader Reid, chose to go after "big oil" instead of doing their job working on debating it. They flat out refused to bring it up for discussion.
There is going to be 4 more years of this.
Notice how you never heard of Reid with the 111th congress, he just had the budget rubber stamped and off it went.
Reid is making sure nothing gets done, and putting the blame on the GOP. During the election campaign he announced if Romney got elected, he would not work with him.
- Did not even have a bill to base this on, just refusing to work with Romney based on being from the GOP. You wonder why the GOP budget work never went anywhere and blame the GOP for it. The media did a bang up job with spoon feeding you the talking points to repeat, and you keep spreading the "good word". Sounds like a religion onto itself.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The GOP preaches fiscal conservativism but doesn't practice it in reality as has been shown with Reagan and 2 Bushes. Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are no better here but aren't chirping the message.

The GOP preaches small government but wants to dictate everyone's bedroom and personal lives. That doesn't seem like small government to me.

The GOP will never win another presidency until it rids itself of the religious right. If they truly followed the preaching of fiscal conservativism they might have a chance as long as it doesn't become a windfall for the 1% and putting the burden on the rest. The majority of people except in pockets of the deep south don't go to church and even if they do, they don't take it to a fundamental extreme. The small % that do are not enough to override those that don't care about gay marriage, abortion and birth control.

The idea of selling one message to the voters to get elected then going another is what killed the GOP in 2012. They preached jobs then went on a social crusade against abortion and stuff...no jobs bills and nothing to help the economy. Well that and the legitimate abortion crowd.
Red herring alert above ! Red herring alert above !

The abortion issue is nothing but a hammer with which liberals beat over the heads of those that are not educated in political issues. It's legal, and it's going to stay that way.

There are 2 real reasons why dems win elections:

1.) Cradle to grave entitlement programs. (47% remark by Romney was 100% correct) If the dems came out against welfare tomorrow, they would never win another election.

2.) The MSM. Prime example was MSNBC did not run 1 negative story on Obama in the week leading up to the election. What more needs to be said?

The right knows it's not about winning, it's about America's future.

And that future is looking more and more dim as Obama continues to spend more than DOUBLE what W spent.

As more business owners must cut hours and cut employees due to onerous taxes and regulations (obamacare), America cannot and will not be a nation for prosperity for all. Living off of entitlements is merely surviving, not thriving.

Not to mention, all of this bond buying by the Fed is going to come home to roost in higher prices. And those higher prices hurt the poor more than anyone. Why is obama trying to hurt the very people that vote for him? What does he have against them?

Quick Reply: My Predictions