I was wondering...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
I still don't see your point habs.
Stealth his point is he wants to pound on christians, like always. He has no desire to try to understand christianity. He thinks just because this scum bag calls himself a christian then he must be one. Much like when someone wears a jersey with their favorite athlete's name on it......they still aren't that person. But alas, our Habs doesn't want to see that there are true differences between the two religions. Blue Jay explained it VERY clear and simple, but Habs wants to play troll.

I have tried to explain it to you before Habibi but you refuse to see it. The word Christian means a follower of Christ, trying to live as he taught. If you do those abominal acts you speak of, you are not living as Christ and so you can not be a true Christian. It is just that simple. There are evil people that adopt a label. That does not make them one.
But to Habs this is an excuse, not an explaination.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Usually when a Muslim does a terrorist type incident they yell "allahu akbar" (God is greatest), implying they are doing it in the name of Islam. Did this guy in Norway run around screaming "Jesus loves you!" before he killed all those kids? Did he make a preattack video proclaiming his faith in Christ and that he was going to make the infidels see the error of their ways? Maybe we will find out in a few days, but so far no...

So far it seems this guy was a lunatic who happened to be Christian, not a lunatic doing this act of terror in the name of Christianity.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Habibi
....<snip>....
Everything I ever needed to know about christianity I learned on 7/22/2011.....<snip>....
I guess you could make several threads based upon logic like this.
  1. Everything I ever needed to know about being Israel friendly I learned on 7/22/2011
  2. Everything I ever needed to know about being right wing extremist I learned on 7/22/2011
  3. Everything I ever needed to know about people that admire Winston Churchill I learned on 7/22/2011
  4. Everything I ever needed to know about people that support the rights of gays I learned on 7/22/2011
  5. Everything I ever needed to know about people that are anti multicultural I learned on 7/22/2011
  6. Everything I ever needed to know about people that spent five days in Prague in 2010 I learned on 7/22/2011
  7. Everything I ever needed to know about men in their early 30s in 2010 I learned on 7/22/2011

This list is built using the same logic as yourself, take 1 quality of the person, and use it as the reason for the actions.

Odd part is now that the reports are starting to take form, it has nothing to do with his religion, but more so not being a fan of what some forms of Muslims stand for ( Iran's view on the topic of Israel, immigrants wanting Norway to adapt their country to look more like where they just left, etc ).

You do have to think about what harleydude78 posted.
When Timothy McVeigh bombed the building in Oklahoma City, he did not do it due to being a Christian, a member of the NRA, or from being ex-military.
He did it as payback for what the Fed Govt did in Waco and Ruby Ridge. Sounds similar to what happened in Norway, retaliation for what the govt is doing / allowing.

Like wise, this does not mean every person that is Muslim is a terrorist in the making.
Else the same thought process would lead to a long list of serial killer suspects ( White male, early 30s, single, etc ), and make everyone fitting that description a target of an investigation at any time.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I have tried to explain it to you before Habibi but you refuse to see it. The word Christian means a follower of Christ, trying to live as he taught. If you do those abominal acts you speak of, you are not living as Christ and so you can not be a true Christian. It is just that simple. There are evil people that adopt a label. That does not make them one.
Jim, it's interesting - When Janet and I had our trip to Morocco several years ago, I asked our trip leader (a Muslim) how he viewed Osama Bin Laden. His response was almost word for word identical to yours here. He said he thought Bin Laden would spend eternity in hell. (And, for all of you who might think he was just saying what we wanted to hear, I honestly don't think so.) I really believe, as you point out, that there are evil people who adopt a label to justify their acts against humanity. And, they come in ALL stripes, don't they?

Of course though, I can see Hab's point. We (as non-Muslims) want to bomb them back into the stone age because of a horrible attack by a few followers of Islam against us. Trust me, as a former Air Force pilot, I can't help but have some of those feelings myself.

But, doesn't this sound too much like, "The only good Indian is a dead one?"

And, I'm not speaking to you here Jim, I'm really speaking to the forum at large.

Isn't it possible to get past this "Them against us" mentality?

- Jack

Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 PM

I'm not at all concerned with the them against us mentality, I'm concerned about the current us against us mentality.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Global Moderator &

I'm not at all concerned with the them against us mentality, I'm concerned about the current us against us mentality.
Yes, we ARE afflicted with that, aren't we?

- Jack

Old 07-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Can you guys answer this for me?

Why is it that when a Christian does something bad, they're "not really a Christian" but when a Muslim does something bad, they speak for 1.5 billion other Muslims?
Considering my downward spiraling definition of "Christian", I'll say this:

Maybe they (Muslims) don't have enough credit built up to afford to have their sins overlooked as readily by most fellow Americans.

Of all our wars and of all the American blood that has been spilled over any of our fights, how much has been "Muslim" and how much has been "Christian"? There is your answer.

Now if the Muslim in question is not even an American then that is the start of all of his issues.

Last edited by Silver07; 07-25-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 PM

So much for justice in a liberal nation...

Norway's 21-Year Maximum Penalty Sparks Outcry After Terror Attacks That Killed 76

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07...-twin-attacks/

Friday's twin attacks in Norway that killed 76 people have sparked growing outcry at the country's penal code, under which even the man now accused in the mass killings would face a maximum penalty of only 21 years in prison if convicted.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Just a thought but did Anders Breivik drive an F150?

I think he could have fitted in well here. Lets take a look......

Very Right Wing - Check
Disliked his Govt, and it's policies - Check
Bit of a gun nut, stockpiled weapons and ammo - Check
Disliked Muslims and immigration in general - Check
White Christian - Check

Hmmm, he just needed the pick-up and he could have been one of the gang

Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still don't see your point habs.
The guy said he was a Christian and that's the end of it. Right wingers were happy to smear an entire religion for the actions of a few when it was Islam... now they can choke on it.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Global Moderator &

The new twist is Glenn Beck comparing the murdered youth to members of the Hitler Youth movement. I honestly think Mr. Beck needs to go back to being an alcoholic.

- Jack

Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 AM

The guy said he was a Christian and that's the end of it. ...<snip>...
If you are bound & determined to make that the reason, I guess there is no reasoning with you. It is taking artistic license just the MSM does.

Same as posted above, you can take any of the labels assigned to him, and make supposition of what caused it ( also by ignoring the reported facts on the topic )

He committed the terrorist acts due to being a 32 year old - white - single male, which puts him in the serial killer wheel house.
With this bit of info, I guess he should not be called a terrorist, but an efficient serial killer ( remember work smarter, not harder ).

-This is the same inductive reasoning you are using.

I guess you could say being a fan of hip-hop music caused it, due to all the content towards killing in the lyrics.
Guess Tipper Gore was correct back in the 80s, and we should have listened to her...

...<snip>...Right wingers were happy to smear an entire religion for the actions of a few when it was Islam... now they can choke on it.
The quote above, is using opinion, presented as fact, to support your line of thinking. not too far from what you accuse an entire group of doing.

Keep in mind, it really is, a specific group that thinks this way, and you are rounding up all the republican / tea party types into a single group, and blaming them all.

I think a guy in the 1930s blamed an entire group, for what a few might have done to him earlier in life.
He set out to remove them from, at first, the country, then later from the face of the earth.

Actually, if you think back to late 2001 / early 2002, there was not a political slant that was the sole source of this thinking.
The US forgot about politics and were united against the terrorists.

I see you like to ignore the sound logic that harleydude78 posted above.
Did he make a video that was smeared with WWJD and proclaiming the 3rd round of the crusades is upon us ? That is what you are trying to sell here.

You are better than this, stop with the generalizations, and ignoring of the reporting going on, to try to prove a point.

What did the patch on his arm ( on the outfit that he wore in the attacks ) say ?
WWJD, Jesus will save you if you believe ?
NO
"Marxist Hunter - Norway - Multiculti traitor hunting permit".
I would say he was more of a White power / **** type, he did not want multiculturalism in Europe. Oh, and I forgot, he has blond hair and blue eyes.....

Stop grouping me with those that think Muslims are terrorists, it is an out and out lie that you are posting about me and I do not appreciate it.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
The new twist is Glenn Beck comparing the murdered youth to members of the Hitler Youth movement. I honestly think Mr. Beck needs to go back to being an alcoholic.

- Jack
Good grief, I missed this one ( then again I do not watch him ).

With a thought process like this, my opinion is he is already back to being an alcoholic.

If the quote is accurate Beck described the traditional summer gathering as "disturbing"., he might want to take a look at the summer gatherings that the mega churches have every summer......

Old 07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
The answer to Habibi's question is actually easy to answer... Do 3 things...

1)Read the Bible
2) Read the Quran
3) Compare

While the bible teaches to love and be tolerant of everyone, the Quran teaches that ALL must be converted to Islam or be killed.

Yes I have read both.

There are stories of anger, passion, murder, and greed in the bible... but every story is followed by the fate of the people involved. It is up to the individual to choose whom they put their faith in. In Islam, there is no other choice.

So when something a Christian does is bad, they are not "acting like a Christian". I know it happens more then Christians like to admit.

However, when a Muslim does something bad, they are obeying the rules laid out in the Quran.

That is the difference.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:17 AM

Habs, you are a sad man.

Quick Reply: I was wondering...