I was wondering...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
Steve, I agree with what you say, but I truly didn't intend sarcasm with my post. I just tried to summarize what I saw in the two posts above mine. (as I re-read it, I can see how it might be viewed as sarcasm.)
Sorry, my mistake.
My opinion that it was sarcasm was from thinking I understanding your thought process, and the tag line of Gottcha, check!

To help the coffee challenged ( myself ) this AM, you should have put a tag To summarize :
Something that obvious I cannot miss, at least I would like to think that..

Then again, how could I have pontificated that much without the missing preamble

Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
This I think is what drives the balance issue with some, The Ft Hood shooting was a great example of this. How many times was it stated, 'wait until all the facts are in' ?
And yet the same MSM was so quick to blame Palin and the Tea Party for the shooting in Arizona as well as label this Norwegian dude a Christian extremist with in hours of it happening. People are fed up with the double standard.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by harleydude78
And yet the same MSM was so quick to blame Palin and the Tea Party for the shooting in Arizona as well as label this Norwegian dude a Christian extremist with in hours of it happening. People are fed up with the double standard.
Very true.

I did point out the politically correct movement towards Islam.
It will sound as if I am leading a reader to infer something, but this has ramped up since 2008 from what I see.

I have no idea where this movement has come from, I am just noting what I saw as the full court press.

I view the MSM in the same group as the National Enquirer.
They report on tons of stuff every year, and the rate of being correct is about 0.001%.

Those that listen to the MSM, and take it as fact ( without verifying ) like to consider themselves well informed ( and most, the smartest people around ).
Truth be told, they are just lemmings, getting 1 step closer to 1984.

Reading does wonders, just need to look to another source for verification to see the number of misrepresented facts the MSM shoves out the door each day.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Very true.

I did point out the politically correct movement towards Islam.
It will sound as if I am leading a reader to infer something, but this has ramped up since 2008 from what I see.

I have no idea where this movement has come from, I am just noting what I saw as the full court press.

I view the MSM in the same group as the National Enquirer.
They report on tons of stuff every year, and the rate of being correct is about 0.001%.

Those that listen to the MSM, and take it as fact ( without verifying ) like to consider themselves well informed ( and most, the smartest people around ).
Truth be told, they are just lemmings, getting 1 step closer to 1984.

Reading does wonders, just need to look to another source for verification to see the number of misrepresented facts the MSM shoves out the door each day.
As Perry White would say to Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane and Clark Kent... "It's all about the scoop!" Be the first to publish with a handful of "facts". If MSM or anyone else waited for the truth, we'd not have news, we'd have history.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't balme Palin or the Tea Party for the shooting, nor do I think the guy who did the shootings was a Christian because that is not what a christian is. But you have to admit its unfortunate that sarah's map had a gun sight on Giffords district.

Do you guys consider Fox as part of the MSM?

Old 08-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by blu3expy
But you have to admit its unfortunate that sarah's map had a gun sight on Giffords district.
It was also unfortunate that a Democratic U.S. map had targets on it as well, but that was somehow "overlooked" by the MSM.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:29 PM
It was also unfortunate that a Democratic U.S. map had targets on it as well, but that was somehow "overlooked" by the MSM.
"Overlooked" because a politician didn't get shot "under" one of those targets.

Every time I want fair and even reporting I remember what my Father used to say, "If you want something done right, do it yourself." I'm guessing most of us don't need it done right enough to go into the news business.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
And on her twitter, Commonsence Conservatives & lovers of America: "Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!"

I also found your map - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bQItgI2LRW...Gun+Sights.gif

And I agree, if anything the map should have followed its own sequence and went with a color to represent Bush margins less then 10%.

I think the reason the other map wasn't brought about more often is because there wasn't comments like "taken out" or "Dont retreat, reload!"

Haryley, is Fox news the MSM also or not?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I think the reason the other map wasn't brought about more often is because there wasn't comments like "taken out" or "Dont retreat, reload!"
Yeah Dems would never say things like that would they?

Just read today that your daddy Joe Biden said the Tea Party "Acted like Terrorist" gotta love Joe!! So much for civility after Tuscon!

Haryley, is Fox news the MSM also or not?
They are to me, they aren't in line with the other 95% of the media but they have an agenda like the rest. Thats why its important to do your own research and not just parrot what you hear on any of them. It makes you a more informed citizen too.

But just because they aren't in lockstep with 95% of the media doesn't mean they are "extreme" or "Faux News" or any of that ignorant crap you might hear.

"Overlooked" because a politician didn't get shot "under" one of those targets.
Yeah thats the reason It had nothing to do with the overwhelming liberal bias in the media and the fact that they love to poop on Palin whenever they can, facts be damned. Lefties were trying to pin it on her and the Tea Party within 15 minutes of the shooting, without 1 shred of evidence. This is from the same media that cautions us not to blame Islamic Jihad for Ft Hood still to this day, even though its obvious to everyone thats what it was. The Tuscon shooting had nothing to do with Palin.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah Dems would never say things like that would they?

Just read today that your daddy Joe Biden said the Tea Party "Acted like Terrorist" gotta love Joe!! So much for civility after Tuscon!

They are to me, they aren't in line with the other 95% of the media but they have an agenda like the rest. Thats why its important to do your own research and not just parrot what you hear on any of them. It makes you a more informed citizen too.

But just because they aren't in lockstep with 95% of the media doesn't mean they are "extreme" or "Faux News" or any of that ignorant crap you might hear.
Did I say I love that dems are throwing arround the word "terrorists" to describe tea partiers? Nope. I don't like that, I also dont like that they would take the country to default to get their way, but thats also Obamas fault because he failed to lead on the debt ceiling, rejecting the bowles simpson plan right away and taking forever to do anything.

I would put Fox at not 5% but more like 15-20% because lets face it they rake in viewers like crazy. I dont think Fox is crazy extreme but they represent 93% of republican ideas and possibly 7%. Only shephard smith is unbiased. only one on any news channel!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM

Did I say I love that dems are throwing arround the word "terrorists" to describe tea partiers? Nope. I don't like that, I also dont like that they would take the country to default to get their way, but thats also Obamas fault because he failed to lead on the debt ceiling, rejecting the bowles simpson plan right away and taking forever to do anything.....<snip>...
Don't forget to add the Senate on the budget issue. They did no serious work for over 800 days, and waited until 14-JUL to get something for the CBO to work on. Had they not spent the time on trying to creating a Bill of Attainder against the oil companies, maybe they could have actual prepared a budget recommendation. The only time you heard budget and Senate together was the vow to vote down anything that came from the House.

.....<snip>...I would put Fox at not 5% but more like 15-20% because lets face it they rake in viewers like crazy. I dont think Fox is crazy extreme but they represent 93% of republican ideas and possibly 7%. Only shephard smith is unbiased. only one on any news channel!
That percentage was to represent the new outlet count, not viewer count.
3 majors, CNN and MSNBC along with Fox News is 6 major TV outlets.
That makes they not in lock step with 5/6th of the stations, which is 83%, so you go the percentage correct, but using the wrong input.

If you take the general category of MSM, I think harleydude78 was including news print, which would put them back at 5% of the total news outlets. Maybe closer to 10%, when you take into account how many of the major newspapers are owned by the same company.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Don't forget to add the Senate on the budget issue. They did no serious work for over 800 days, and waited until 14-JUL to get something for the CBO to work on. Had they not spent the time on trying to creating a Bill of Attainder against the oil companies, maybe they could have actual prepared a budget recommendation. The only time you heard budget and Senate together was the vow to vote down anything that came from the House.

That percentage was to represent the new outlet count, not viewer count.
3 majors, CNN and MSNBC along with Fox News is 6 major TV outlets.
That makes they not in lock step with 5/6th of the stations, which is 83%, so you go the percentage correct, but using the wrong input.

If you take the general category of MSM, I think harleydude78 was including news print, which would put them back at 5% of the total news outlets. Maybe closer to 10%, when you take into account how many of the major newspapers are owned by the same company.
Your right about the Senate I forgot about that, I'm just tired of Dems laying down and not doing anything. The only one who would fight is Anthony Weiners......Dems were stupid for not supporting him.

And I understand what he was saying about the total ammount of news corps, I was thinking about including news print but figured not to. Lol and the precentage I was just guessing. I figure about 38% of people identify as a republican, 42% are dems, and 20% are independents, so since fox is the only strictly conservative network, they might not have the size the msm has but the audience is huge.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So the good folks on this forum are quick to point a finger at ALL Muslims when one or more commit such vile acts because they wish to "balance the unbalanced" reporting of the MSM, not because they actually feel that way.

Gottcha, check!

Steve, I agree with what you say, but I truly didn't intend sarcasm with my post. I just tried to summarize what I saw in the two posts above mine. (as I re-read it, I can see how it might be viewed as sarcasm.)

John, you included my post (above yours) but failed to even address any of the points I brought up. On top of that you make the assumption that I was pointing my finger at Muslims, when in fact the comparison of either Fort Hood incidents don't compare to the Norway case.

Being that what you posted did not have any solid arguements I can see how SSCULLY was misled into thinking that it was sarcasm.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah thats the reason It had nothing to do with the overwhelming liberal bias in the media and the fact that they love to poop on Palin whenever they can, facts be damned. Lefties were trying to pin it on her and the Tea Party within 15 minutes of the shooting, without 1 shred of evidence. This is from the same media that cautions us not to blame Islamic Jihad for Ft Hood still to this day, even though its obvious to everyone thats what it was. The Tuscon shooting had nothing to do with Palin.
^
Never said it did! Do you actually believe the stuff you write? You appear to hate a whole faction of the population just because a few members of the 4th estate try to connect someone to a tragedy where there is no connection.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
John, you included my post (above yours) but failed to even address any of the points I brought up. On top of that you make the assumption that I was pointing my finger at Muslims, when in fact the comparison of either Fort Hood incidents don't compare to the Norway case.

Being that what you posted did not have any solid arguements I can see how SSCULLY was misled into thinking that it was sarcasm.
If you check, earlier, I agreed with Steve that my post could have been viewed as sarcastic. Sorry, that WAS not my intent, but I CAN SEE how that could be believed. I didn't know being involved in this discussion had any conceivable connection to "solid arguements, (sic)".

I had no reason to address any of the points you brought up. They are simply your points, not mine. I see nothing solid or chiseled in stone about said points. I can not imagine being able to change your mind about your points, so what would be the use in such an exercise?

I am not able to condemn a whole group of people based on the actions of so few, be they Christians, Muslims, or F150 forumites.
(Funny that spell check keeps wanting me to change forumites to fornicates.

Quick Reply: I was wondering...