The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Took my truck roadin.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took my truck roadin.

Hey, had the truck wheelin this weekend, few things I noticed...need new shocks, and a level kit for the front..need new tires....need a relay for my lights that can withstand vibrations of off roading..other than that had a blast...saw a caribou, 2 beavers, numerous squirrels and 2 geese.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by f150newf
Hey, had the truck wheelin this weekend, few things I noticed...need new shocks, and a level kit for the front..need new tires....need a relay for my lights that can withstand vibrations of off roading..other than that had a blast...saw a caribou, 2 beavers, numerous squirrels and 2 geese.
Awesome, whereabouts did you go? Any photo's, everyone knows you have to have photos!

Old 09-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
Awesome, whereabouts did you go? Any photo's, everyone knows you have to have photos!
never got any photos this time around. just a couple of the wild life. I was near where im building my cabin. in Central newfoundland canada...Gods county if you like the outdoors....great day...

Old 09-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned
Sounds like you had a blast!

Old 09-04-2005, 10:11 PM

never got any photos this time around. just a couple of the wild life. I was near where im building my cabin. in Central newfoundland canada...Gods county if you like the outdoors....great day...
You better take pics of the building process, I've always wanted a cabin in the country

Old 09-05-2005, 06:13 AM
yeah don't worry I will...its great..its 30 mins from home...here, you can be in total wilderness in 3 min from my driveway on atv or snowmobile....I love it. once I start, i will have photos....going to be a log style place.

Old 09-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well it sounds like you had a blast makes me want to trade my 4x2 in for a 4x4 right now but i have to wait a while yet but my next truck will be a 4x4 for sure.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:07 PM
just lift your 2 wd and put a locker in the back and you will go lots of places.

get an arb air locker so when your on pavment it works as an open diff....fire some off road gear on it and have fun in the dirt. I wheeled a 93 2wd for years with loads of sucess. and get a winch....that will save your *** more times than you can count.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:32 PM

just lift your 2 wd and put a locker in the back and you will go lots of places.

get an arb air locker so when your on pavment it works as an open diff....fire some off road gear on it and have fun in the dirt. I wheeled a 93 2wd for years with loads of sucess. and get a winch....that will save your *** more times than you can count.
You will never be as happy with 2wd as you could be with 4, you'll always wonder, could I have gotten myself out, would I really have had to get all muddy...etc etc etc. I am definitely never going to have a 2wd again, especially with open differential. But he is right, if you have 2 and can't get 4wd, get a winch, everyone knows it can save your *** more than any lockers would.

Quick Reply: Took my truck roadin.