Just ordered my Visteon Mach MP3 player! :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my Visteon Mach MP3 player! :)

I'm pretty excited... just ordered my visteon mach mp3 player for about $375 from radios and more (radiosandmore.com). He gave me a little discount cause I've been pestering him for weeks, LOL.
I took a look at a lot of the MP3 players out there, and there are ones out there that cost about the same that seem to be of much higher quality, but I'm kind of old school and I wanted to keep the stock look (when will these aftermarket companies learn that some people just like the stock look???) as well as not having to mess with adapters or anything like that. I was promised an easy installation which is good, I'm all ready for it . I'll be sure to let everyone know how it turns out! It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow (the UPS guy is probably so sick of me waiting by the door for him to see if my packages came that day, LOL)

Old 12-27-2001, 03:21 PM
What about a changer?

Will this unit control a Changer? Would be very cool if it did!

Congrats on the new unit...

Old 12-27-2001, 03:25 PM
Re: What about a changer?

Originally posted by Rapier
Will this unit control a Changer? Would be very cool if it did!

Congrats on the new unit...
yes, hence buttons 3 and 4 "CD << and CD >>". It will control any Ford cd changer and possibly others as well (not to sure don't want to quote it). Visteon (as I understand) is also working on an mp3-compatible 6-disk changer so you could really have 7 MP3 CD's in your car at any given time!

Old 12-27-2001, 04:02 PM
Thanks...

Very nice unit... I think I'll still head towards getting a stock changer and then come back to the head unit replacement. Sounds like Visteon is the way to go!

Old 12-27-2001, 04:06 PM
yeah I'm planning on buying a CD changer when I get some extra dough (been spending too much on the truck lately)

Old 12-28-2001, 02:43 PM
its all good . Just got the unit installed about an hour ago. I kid you not, had the old unit out and the new unit in in about a minute and a half. Everythign plugged right up, snapped right in. The regular music seems much better and tested it with an mp3 cd and it kicks ***! I was playing with it for about a half hour or so and so far gotta say I'm real impressed! It's got about twice the ampage of my stock unit so I'm pretty impressed . The only thing about it I'm kinda iffy on is the glossiness of the front face. It's really glossy, which is ok but I was kind of hoping for a MORE stock look. Ahh well what can ya do.

Old 12-28-2001, 06:05 PM
if you dont like the gloss of the face, grab the face from your stock piece, it should mount with some mods.

Old 12-29-2001, 02:36 PM
madness, thanks for the idea but I don't think that would work too well... theres buttons in different spaces and stuff, I'd probably end up just butchering it . Besides then my CD player would be pretty useless and I'm planning on putting it in my dad's F-150. Otherwise it would be a good idea though.
Heres the pics

Old 02-12-2002, 01:00 AM
FYI...

The Visteon website shows different faceplates are available for you unit if you don't like the glossy look.

http://www.evisteon.com/b2c/mach_mp3c.htm

Nice System! Got me thinking about making the change.

Bob

Old 02-12-2002, 09:09 AM
yeah but if I had to choose between glossy or green, Id go with glossy

Old 02-12-2002, 10:48 AM
I got the white face plate one. It matches my white face gauges and my tan interior. Looks great and works great too. Can't wait for the Phat noise MP3 storage box or the Visteon changer to come out.

Old 02-13-2002, 12:58 AM
info about fitting in 97

I looked on the Visteon site and it listed my 97 F150 as one that this would fit in. But, the radiosandmore.com site says it will not. Are there different models of this MP3 player for different years of vehicles, or will it fit and their info just wrong?

Old 02-21-2002, 10:15 AM
hey Matt, you still liking the purchase? I called radiosandmore today and its 400.00, and they say they'll give me 100.00 back if i send them my stock casette that controls the cd changer.

Old 02-21-2002, 04:20 PM
I'm selling my Visteon Mach MP3 player because I am getting an in dash DVD player. I haven't been able to submit an ad here because I am getting an error. It is the white face one. I am also including an audiolink line level converter and a harness for an external amp connection to the factory system. Only 5 months old. Anyone interested? $250 plus shipping, in original box.

Old 02-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Hey do ya have any pictures of it in your dash? post here or send to mdm@tampabay.rr.com please.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my Visteon Mach MP3 player! :)