For the Pros. aka Bartak, Don, Tim, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the Pros. aka Bartak, Don, Tim, etc.

Are yall getting tired of this place? Im getting tired of the redundant threads and people that dont have a freaking clue telling people the "ways to do things"... Ebay is the best place to find stuff... etc.

Or am I just losing it...?

Old 03-19-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Are yall getting tired of this place? Im getting tired of the redundant threads and people that dont have a freaking clue telling people the "ways to do things"... Ebay is the best place to find stuff... etc.

Or am I just losing it...?
But I am learning alot from you all

Jon

Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 AM
you know what I get sick of? it isn't the redundant questions those are easy. its the guys that ask questions they already know the answer to. "my amp smells like smoke and won't work.. is it blown?" or the guy that asks for an opinion or answer but picks and chooses what he wants too hear.. "what speakers should I get infinity or rainbow" then you get every joe schmo "I got infinity 5x7s I like them, I paid out my as for them so they must be good" then eventually Ill chime in with "infinity isn't that good" based on my experience with them. "ok so I think Ill get some infinitys" not only that but I've had a few go arounds with the so called "experts".. you know those guys "I've been in the car audio business for 10+ years these are my credentials and I'm gona school you now" ya.... I hate that, specially when they have never heard of some REALLY well known brands. I've been in to car audio myself for 8 years.. and simple home audio since long before that. I've designed and built my own boxes. worked with acrylic, fiberglas, vinyl, etc. installed I don't know HOW many headunits for friends & family. hell I've also had to fix many "PRO" installers half assed wiring jobs. I Know I know my ****. but for some reason I ALWAYS have to prove myself to these idiots... I mean come on why do they always to listen to joe schmo? you know that guy... "I bought some speakers at best buy and had them installed for me and know how to turn my volume up and down so now I can give expert knowledge to anyone on the subject of car audio".... bull****. If you cannot install your own equipment you cannot give advice. PERIOD

Old 03-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Suspended
^ not doubting your abilities at all, especially judging from your posts. But some "joe schmoes" feel the need to challenge you, or call your bluff because to them your the same....a "joe schmoe". Listing your credentials is the same as them doing it also.

Just pointing that out.

The internet makes it impossible to know ones true capabilities. You can type out every credential and experience possible and known to man......and never touched a deck in your life. Then again, you could be telling the truth. For those not on the boards often and know who knows there stuff and who does not, the y would think the same of you as the other guy blabbing what he knows.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:48 AM
its pretty easy to separate the novice joe blows from the more experienced "joe schmoe's". joe blow always recommends the same crappy stuff he had someone else install at some big retail chain after some high pressure salesman fed him some bs. joe schmoe is the crook installing the equipment for joe blow. lol that's right low... you damn crook. I never call anyone out and up until now I've never told the forum about my 8 years with car audio. I havn't worked as a pro installer mainly because easy drop ins bore me and fixing someone elses hlf assed work is something I don't like to do. but I have worked on more family and friends cars than I can count on my two hands.. hell just yesterday I had some "10 year expert" calling my bluff.... I don't know why but he didn't even know what re audio was... last time I checked re audio has been the car audio boner since like 02.... I don't consider myself a "pro" but I have enuff experience to know what the hell I'm talking about

Last edited by styxnpicks; 03-19-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
I certainly am no pro but I did'nt just fall of the turnip truck yesterday:santa:

With all those posts you guys have you must have some thick skin.This place gets some of the most repeatedly redundent questions I've every seen and I have'nt been here that long.
Most Car Audio websites at least the ones I've seen/used use some sort of stickies to get rid of the repeatedly asked dumb questions.

And my take on the Joe Blow Schmoe thing .The Internet is everyone's soapbox with your back to the audience.The pleasure of everyone listening,without actually have to look anyone in the eye.

James

Hang in there Low:-0

Last edited by Hallertau2000; 03-19-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree. I get challenged daily. Its wearing me out. Everyone on this site is a "so called PRO".... I swear.

But it amazes me that people can see my sig, what Im working with and my MECP certification and I still get this, dont listen to him... Kenwood DNX7100 is so much better than anything else. BULL****! How many people have played in detail with almost every radio on the market?!?

Im really debating taking a long break from this site because of all the Pros vs. Joes.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
hell just yesterday I had some "10 year expert" calling my bluff.... I don't know why but he didn't even know what re audio was... last time I checked re audio has been the car audio boner since like 02.... I don't consider myself a "pro" but I have enuff experience to know what the hell I'm talking about
Go ahead and mention names... don't be afraid.

I didn't call your bluff. I never said that I did not believe what you were saying or that I thought your claims were exaggerated. I merely took what you said and disected it in greater detail [HERE]. Gee, sensitive type, aren't you?

I never called myself a "10 year expert." I said I was a high-end custom installer with 10 years experience, as I've mentioned once or twice in the past on these boards.

I'd never heard of RE Audio, or TMA for that matter, because, as I've clearly mentioned in the past, I've been outside the industry since just before 2000 when I left my home in Sydney and moved to the US. JL Audio, which I now know makes TMA, I've used several times in the past, however, when I was installing, all they made were bass drivers and custom bass enclosures

But like I often say on these pages, believe what you will... nobody's holding a gun to your head.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
the industry has changed DRASTICALLY since you left it in 00.. I'm suprised you've staed so fay out of the loop tho. i've been on the consumer/amature installer end of it since 00 and have seen the rise and fall of many company's good and bad.... take RE audio for instance.... at one point they were a KILLER factory direct speakerbuilder with an almost cult following. they were selling BADASS drivers that could take way over 1000w rms daily for CHEAP.... and still sound good doing it. they got bought out by usamps went dealer based and raised the prices... making it less attractive for the DIY guy.... they still make killer stuff tho. thankfuly they havn't gone to total crap... not only that but I have pesonally installed, used and abused some of RE's product. It's STOUT. I can't recommend it due to the inflated pricing anymore tho. right now I'm testing ElementalDesigns stuff... which I'm sure you also havn't heard of either. the company has had it ups and downs as it grew. mainly customer service problems. but from the looks of things I think they finnaly have their **** together. they have grown fast.. I don't like what has happend with them in the past but I thought I'd give em a chance.

low are there any kenwood double dins do you like? I'm still happily using my simple 7015.. my dad's enjoying his 6019's bigger screen.... I saw they have another new round of DD's out. I didn't see anything new... do they have the red/green buttons again? the one thing I hated bout the 6019 was not having green buttons to match the f150's green lights

Last edited by styxnpicks; 03-19-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I'm no expert, not even close. I install my own stuff, learn as i go, and recommend the **** i have positive experience with. I'm nowhere near as experienced as a lot of you are, but i do know what I'm talking about. Anyways...

F150online vs. "king ranch" ready set go.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Are yall getting tired of this place?

In short, yes.

I love me some car audio, but, except for a few people, this site just kills it for me. When I get on this site, after checking out some other forums on this board, Ill click on the Audio forums and brush through them quickly seeing if something catches my eye, but its all the same novice BS that Im tired of. It used to never bother me, but its getting old. I cant remember the last time I even posted in the audio forums.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys have some valid points, same questions over and over that have already been answered, all true about the joe shmoe's as well. But the audio part is not the only spot like that, its like that through the entire forum, everybody thinks they know everything. And its not just this forum-im on two other forums and they are the same way-its just that nobody says anything about it

I myself (since we are speaking of the audio) know very little about audio compared to some of you guys. I can do basic installs-you know the H/U, speakers, basic sub system but thats it. by no means am I an expert or any of the sort in audio, and have not heard of 90% of the brands you guys speak of. Thats why I dont voice my opinion to often, I only help when I am sure of what im talking about, or Ill voice my opinion on a subject but make aware that im not an expert.

I try not to ask many questions in any area of the forum unless I can not find the answer in a search-that box is very useful

It would suck to see you guys leave for a while, I have learned alot reading through your posts. I think im just rambling now so ill shutup

Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
I cant remember the last time I even posted in the audio forums.
I can... ^

Last edited by Low_e_Red; 03-19-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
low are there any kenwood double dins do you like? I'm still happily using my simple 7015.. my dad's enjoying his 6019's bigger screen.... I saw they have another new round of DD's out. I didn't see anything new... do they have the red/green buttons again? the one thing I hated bout the 6019 was not having green buttons to match the f150's green lights
The older Kenwoods were nice but again they use a SHI*TY menu setup. Thats my main problem with them, however, its getting worse as more and more options get built into the radio. Plus the build quality isnt a strong as it used to be.

Eclipse and Pioneer use icons and its 50x easier to get your stuff set right on the go.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hallertau2000
Hang in there Low:-0
Thanks for the support hallertau, and to the rest of you guys. Im going to be just making my decision over the next few days on how I feel about this site anymore.

Bartak, where are you at for CA these days?

Quick Reply: For the Pros. aka Bartak, Don, Tim, etc.