The moment youv'e all been waiting for

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The moment youv'e all been waiting for

Just wanted all my contacts on here to know that I will be opening my audio business in the next couple weeks. Product lines are as of yet undertermined but I have been looking into Zapco, US Amps, MMats, Audiobahn, Rockford, Kicker, JL Audio, and some others as well. I would like to set up to be a possible vendor for F150online as well and will check into that once I get up and running. I am hoping that I can get some good group buys going to offer you guys some great product at great prices. Any ideas that any of you might have to help the business would be appreciated. I have some good marketing strategies that I think will work out nicely. Just thought you guys might want to know. I will keep you all posted of how things progress.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Kick a$$

Old 05-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Much luck to you in all your business ventures.

.....pssst, how about some HiFonics for all of us mid-range spenders?

Old 05-06-2004, 06:05 PM
<---Psssst just got a new job.... You'll probably be hearing from me in the future on buying JL stuff if you can get hooked up. Best of luck. Btw JL gonna let you sale subs online. How did you work that out???

Old 05-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Invalid,

My main business is not internet based and many products I will not be able to sell online. However, that does not mean I can't do a group buy to a local F150online member and then let him ship to his friends. I wouldn't ebay them or even list them anywhere if it was in violation of vendor agreements because I wouldn't want to lose any of my lines. But I am sure that if someone came in my shop and said I want to buy 12 10w7's I could give him a good discount. Besides all of that you would be local for me anyway since your inside Georgia.

medi,
I have been thinking about pulling in HiFonics as well but there is already tons of people selling it for close to dealer cost as it is so I would have to get some huge volume to make it worth while. But their product is good and I am open to the possibilities.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:46 PM
cgorris,
Good luck on the business. It will be a pleasure to deal with someone who not only knows car audio, but what's good for our trucks as well

Old 05-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Right on Bro! Best of luck to you!

What types of installs are you going to target? Sounds like fun!

Old 05-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Steve,

I have plans of targeting the custom interiors, mobile theater, and competition installation. However, as you know I will still be doing the traditional deck and 4 installs. Also I think that people that purchase online (evn from an unauthorized outlet) need to be able to trust a shop to install their purchases. Therefore, I will offer installation on any of their equipment but they will have to pay for and be witness to a bench test on their equipment to prove it is in good working order prior to begining installation. I don't want a customer to get mad at me if he buys something that doesn't work and thinks that I or one of my people damaged it. I have heard stories (not sure if they are true) of people coming in with internet purchases and a shop fries it on purpose. So, I do not want to even allow that to begin. It's all about trust and treating everyone good so that will be my main goal. Hopefully, customers would rather buy from me than online because of exceptional service. I think too many shops out there today are just not treating customers like they should be treated and I want my customers to trust me 100%.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Right on. Trust is something very hard to find in any stereo shop and I wish you the best of luck. There is nothing like working for yourself as long as the bills are getting paid.

Funny you mention the internet and frying the equipment. When I first put my system in I took it by a shop I had some respect for. They do some nice installs and sell Alpine, Mac, JL etc. to have them help me figure what went wrong. When I got my truck back, they had pulled the rca's back on my LOC so they were shorting and tweeked my system into the worst config i've ever seen. I don't think I would call that trust! I should have known cause we had them do an insurance install 5 years ago of an Alpine that got ripped off and they gave me the truck back with the speker leads crossed. Left was right and right was left. Make sure if you get installers that they have the same intentions as you do. Your right hand man will become an integral part of building your biz into a succesful venture.

So why no Alpine??? You know i'm needing some video goodies soon!

Old 05-07-2004, 10:16 AM
You might want to look into becoming a RE Rep. IMO their line will take off fast, it already is. The value they give is just amazing. I think RE will be the next JL throughout the country and you would be sitting nice already carrying their line. From what i have read, the shops that are starting to carry them, RE is out selling all their other lines.
Good luck and great success!

Old 05-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Good Luck! Keep us informed, next time I am down south I will stop in. What is the name of the shop going to be? The Sound Surgeon?

Old 05-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Chris, good luck with the shop. Its going to be awsome to have a well known trustworthy member have a audio shop.

Are you going to have any kinds of mail order catalogs or somting of the like?

I cant wait till you are open, I think I might be doing some business with you.

Are you going to sell Infinity or Polk??

Old 05-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Dupuis
You might want to look into becoming a RE Rep....
Dupuis,
Who is "RE"?
I did a bit of searching and came up empty.
Thanks,
Lonster

Old 05-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Old 05-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks Steve
Resonant Engineering is a new co. that has internet based sales. Their subs are hand made in Vegas. Their subs are setting new records all around the country. One of the best subs on the market for the price if not in any price range. If you want to learn more get on any audio forum and do a search for RE subs.
That's 2 RE8s I'm running in the pictures in my gallery. I still have to turn my box over to show people that it's just 8s and not 2 10s'' or one 12''.

Last edited by Dupuis; 05-07-2004 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: The moment youv'e all been waiting for