The moment youv'e all been waiting for

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan getting a set of the SE10's after I get the video crap out of the way. They are awesome subs! I made the mistake of buying the subs I have now for mounting depth reasons trying to get them under the back seat.

Old 05-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Sticker Steve
I plan getting a set of the SE10's after I get the video crap out of the way. They are awesome subs! I made the mistake of buying the subs I have now for mounting depth reasons trying to get them under the back seat.

I'm sure you will love them. I just have the base RE model, I would love to hear their upper models. To bad the 8'' only comes in the RE model. Still one of the best 8'' subs I have heard, and for $49 each it can not be beat. I have read great things about the SE line. Just make sure they see enough power to do them juctice.
Sorry Cgorris, didn't mean to hijack your thread. But hay, see how much talk there is about RE already.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Cgorris, What's the deal with the MMats stuff? In particular the Juggernaut Subs and Amps? Rated power? Expensive? Never heard of it. What about there lesser lines? Any of it ever suprise you?

Dupuis, that's why i'm only thinking the SE's. I've got 1500 at 1 ohm to throw at them. The music drives me nuts on that site. First thing I do is stop the player.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Dupius, where did you buy those subs? Im thinking about 8's in my back doors.

Old 05-08-2004, 03:35 AM
Cg just has to copy me by getting into the audio biz. I guess i'll take it as flattery.

Old 05-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Bartak1
Hey Dupius, where did you buy those subs? Im thinking about 8's in my back doors.

I got them at this site. You will need to call them or email them.
$95 for 2 shipped.

http://www.visionaryaudio.com/

Old 05-09-2004, 09:48 AM
WOW Congrats !! I missed this thread...GOOD LUCK !!!!!
?Audiobahn?

Old 05-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Sorry for the slow reply. I was actually in Tennessee the last two days speaking with a guy that owns a shop there that I have been friends with for years and checking out numbers and product lines.

Steve,

MMATS are awesome. The Jugs are on par with the W7. The cost is a little high compared to overall market but compared to equipment in the same league they are about the same. I would compare the MMATS amps to the quality of the JL Audio, US Amps, etc. In other words I would rank them amongst the best amps available. They also have the HC models that are .5 ohm stable Alpine I would like to have but not sure if I will be able to pick them up.

Now as for RE, yes I have definitely considered picking them up as well. There are so many different lines out there that I have been looking at with only the MMATS for one high end set in stone for the most part. I should have my main lines finalized soon but I am going to be able to get about anything that anyone would want for the simple fact is that I have friends from several different shops that would sell me something if my customer needed it.

Well guys it's Mother's day and I am cooking for the parental unit so I better get to the store and pick up groceries.

Old 05-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Sweet I love my Mmats subs..They are in my car....Not widely known though..Too bad..

Old 05-10-2004, 09:56 AM
cgorris - where is your shop in the ATL??

Old 05-10-2004, 10:11 AM
If things go right, I should have a location in Covington just down the corner from HWY 278 and HWY 81. It is actually located on HWY 81. I am supposed to go talk with the guy later this week. So, I should have something finalized within the next week or two at the latest.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:58 PM
YOU THA MAN!!!!! I live in Buford, but work right down the street from that intersection in Covington.

Yes, that is why I have 110K miles on my 2001 truck.

But hey, when you are a microbiologist, you have to take whatever job you can find

Let us know when the shop is open!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey Lightning,

It will be a pleasure and an honor to meet you. I spoke to the guy today about the building and should have the plans finalized within the next day or so. I will let you know and since you are a local F150 online member maybe we can setup the group buys through you in the cases that there are resrtictions on me as a dealer. I just want it to be known up front that I will do anything in my power for any member of this forum since they own my most favorite truck in the whole wide workd!!!! Just ask me what you want, if you have a special request I will do my best to get you the best deal on any product you want even if I don't carry it as a main line product. All you need to do is contact me at my email address synchronicityaudio@comcast.net and let me know what it is you want and I will do my absolute best to get it for you and also offer 100% manufacturer warranty if at all possible. I need a client base that will grow and you guys need a product that is great and has warranty. I will do my best to provide all of the above at the best prices that I can.

On another note I appreciate every comment that any of you have made and still welcome any ideas that any of you may have to help make this a profitable venture and a benefit to the F150online community.

Thanks again to everyone wishing me well and any suggestion anyone has provided to this point. You mean more than you could ever imagine. Thanks!!

Old 05-13-2004, 04:40 PM
CG... I was thinking perhaps you could look into being an authorized storefront dealer for CDT Audio. Looking at their website.. the only authorized dealers are in California (and a couple on the net).

It would be a HUGE advantage over your competition to have the CDT Audio stuff IN HOUSE and readily available for customers' listening pleasure. CDT Audio is the craze on the internet forums nowadays.

Just a thought.

Good luck in the business.

PS... definitely look into building a website for advertisement purposes. Great way to show local shoppers what products/brands you offer. Always a good idea to have a website link in the Internet Yellow Pages.
I know a guy that does INCREDIBLE webdesign work... he's got a "portfolio" of his work but I'll have to get in touch with him to get the link to that. Reply here or email me wolverine_2178@hotmail.com and I'll put you in touch with him.

Old 05-13-2004, 07:41 PM
I am always open to any lines it just depends on what my walk up customers are asking for really. If I have enough requests for something I will pick them up.

As far as the website goes I do intend on having one available. I will design it myself of course since that is where much of my background is anyway. But I do appreciate you looking out for me.

Quick Reply: The moment youv'e all been waiting for