PA Speaker, Greatest mod ever

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA Speaker, Greatest mod ever

A few days ago a friend and myself installed a PA speaker on my truck. It only cost about 50 bucks for everything and took a little over an hour to install. All you need is a indoor/outdoor PA speaker, some wire, and a cheap CB radio with a PA output and wah-la! Hilarity ensues. It's really loud and really funny to mess with your friends with it.

Here are some pics:

The Speaker is just zip-tied on there, no big deal to install. The wires go up to the hood and back towards the cab and under the weather stripping to the CB under the seat.

It's just kinda floating around right now; I need to velcro it to the floor or something. I don't want the mount to be entirely permanent because i may have the inclination to get an antenna someday.

We did the best we can hiding the wires (so my parents wouldn't find out, even though I told my dad; he thought it was pretty funny) and I think we did a pretty good job!

Let me know what you guys think!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
nice. make a video and put ths sucker on youtube. i wanted to do something like that (strobes on my truck and not tell my dad) but they too big of a mod for him not to notice.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
haha thats awsome man, i have one on mine but i need to get a new speeker cuz mine aint that loud. haha and yea i have that same dang CB radio too, good job!

Old 11-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by clearnoise
Here are some pics:

WIRE NUTS?!?!? WTF??? NOT FOR AUTOMOTIVE USE!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
WIRE NUTS?!?!? WTF??? NOT FOR AUTOMOTIVE USE!

Old 11-19-2007, 02:23 PM

i had a little pa speaker with my cobra cb for a while, but i found that she wasnt loud enough for me, it was only like a 12 or 15 watt speaker. so i invested in a 100 watt siren w/pa function and man this thing is awsome, u can literaly wake up the neighborhood.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 PM
man thats awsome... where did you get that 100 watt speeker at? and how much??

Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM
thats a radioshack indoor/outdoor speaker. its hard to find the 100w in the store, alot of times you have to have them ordered. at least at my radioshack, i had to get the 50w one.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by clearnoise
A few days ago a friend and myself installed a PA speaker on my truck. It only cost about 50 bucks for everything and took a little over an hour to install. All you need is a indoor/outdoor PA speaker, some wire, and a cheap CB radio with a PA output and wah-la! Hilarity ensues. It's really loud and really funny to mess with your friends with it.

Here are some pics:

The Speaker is just zip-tied on there, no big deal to install. The wires go up to the hood and back towards the cab and under the weather stripping to the CB under the seat.

It's just kinda floating around right now; I need to velcro it to the floor or something. I don't want the mount to be entirely permanent because i may have the inclination to get an antenna someday.

We did the best we can hiding the wires (so my parents wouldn't find out, even though I told my dad; he thought it was pretty funny) and I think we did a pretty good job!

Let me know what you guys think!
Hid your wires under the carpet and cut a little slit into the carpet to wire them up to the Cb...

Old 11-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by BGF150
man thats awsome... where did you get that 100 watt speeker at? and how much??
go to sirennet.com they have everything awsome stuff

Old 11-22-2007, 10:09 AM
man thats so funny. you could drive around and hit on babes, "my name is optimus prime, i am the leader of the autobots" haha

Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by edwards
man thats so funny. you could drive around and hit on babes, "my name is optimus prime, i am the leader of the autobots" haha
ROFL!!!! I'm in the middle of a quiet computer class at school and as soon as I read that, I busted out laughing!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I've been saving up for a decent Whelen PA system

Damn things are SPENSIVE

Old 12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by edwards

LMAO!!

I'm sure that'll make the panties drop, huh.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER
I've been saving up for a decent Whelen PA system

Damn things are SPENSIVE
Yeah, i was gunna go with the whelen too, but i couldnt justifiy spending $200+ on a siren and the speaker $100 . so i went to sirennet.com and bought one of there cheap ones for $120, all the same functions and came with everything u need, ex.. a wiring harness, thats wat sold me, im no electrican and with the whelens u have to rig up ur own wiring harness. so i didnt want to fiddle with that. Unless ur a cop/firefighter and really need the top dollar quality, id go with a cheaper one. i ll post some pics on my setup tmr

Quick Reply: PA Speaker, Greatest mod ever