Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Wheres New jersey

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I was born in New Jersey almost 58 years ago and still love this state. It has four seasons and many beautiful areas. (also some not so beautiful)

If I ever move out of state, it will be for warmer climate only

Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Anyone in New Jersey got the XCal2 tuned by Troyer performance??

Old 02-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey Brewdude. U ever get the problem you had with your truck fixed??? Read before you had a problem with ford or soemthing. What dealership do you use down that way??

Old 02-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Hey Brewdude. U ever get the problem you had with your truck fixed??? Read before you had a problem with ford or soemthing. What dealership do you use down that way??

No, I haven't got it fixed yet, nor will they fix it. I will be starting a thread to explain the whole deal as a lot of people are asking me about it now. I used Kindle down here. Thats where the Engineer met me, but i'm not very impressed with them...Long story, but they told me they could fix my truck...they dont give up on problems. Two days later, he told me he did the best he could do and cant get it any better, nor would he even try to. Sounds like he gave up , to me...

BREW

Old 02-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
No, I haven't got it fixed yet, nor will they fix it. I will be starting a thread to explain the whole deal as a lot of people are asking me about it now. I used Kindle down here. Thats where the Engineer met me, but i'm not very impressed with them...Long story, but they told me they could fix my truck...they dont give up on problems. Two days later, he told me he did the best he could do and cant get it any better, nor would he even try to. Sounds like he gave up , to me...

BREW
Yeah def. does sound like the did give up. Some other places to check and let them fix it is Gentilli or Chapman. Probably best results there or going all the way to Holman. I definetly would not take it to South Shore as they fed up my last suv. Just some insight. Was never happy with Kindle work before.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah def. does sound like the did give up. Some other places to check and let them fix it is Gentilli or Chapman. Probably best results there or going all the way to Holman. I definetly would not take it to South Shore as they fed up my last suv. Just some insight. Was never happy with Kindle work before.

Yeh Kindle was not my first choice, but since Ford sent an engineer I had to have somewhere close to home and work. Since Kindle is 3 minutes from where I work, that was the best choice at the time. But I have never been impressed with their service. Now dont even get me started on South Shore....I will never step foot in that place again....I'd go buy a bicycle before I went there. Check out my thread in the 04-06 forum "BBB Autoline..No Good", I explained what happened.

BREW

Old 02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeh Kindle was not my first choice, but since Ford sent an engineer I had to have somewhere close to home and work. Since Kindle is 3 minutes from where I work, that was the best choice at the time. But I have never been impressed with their service. Now dont even get me started on South Shore....I will never step foot in that place again....I'd go buy a bicycle before I went there. Check out my thread in the 04-06 forum "BBB Autoline..No Good", I explained what happened.

BREW
Yeah South Shore pretty much raped me on my price. I was in a bind and they fixed things and did not tell me which I had to pay for. Also charged me $850 to change an EGR which is no where near the price. Two weeks later it was broken again. Try Chapman to go.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Hey Srfd44, you probably know who I am!!! I was also in SRFD Reliable then Summit!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2006, 08:03 AM
North Jersey here....Morris County....Butler

Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Checking in

West Creek here, near Manahawkin. BREWDUDE have you tried Hammonton FORD? They are a Quality Plus dealer.
Kevin

Old 03-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by kevincw
West Creek here, near Manahawkin. BREWDUDE have you tried Hammonton FORD? They are a Quality Plus dealer.
Kevin
Hey Kevin...

No I havent tried there. But I just about have a deal signed up in Connecticut, where I usually go. Those guys seem to like to do business better than anyone down here. If it doesnt work out, I will deff. give Hammonton a try. Thanks

BREW

Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 PM
NJ people may be no more on these forums. Did you guys read the thread under GD......New Jersey Internet Bill?

Old 03-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah South Shore pretty much raped me on my price. I was in a bind and they fixed things and did not tell me which I had to pay for. Also charged me $850 to change an EGR which is no where near the price. Two weeks later it was broken again. Try Chapman to go.
I bought my F150 at Chapmans 9 years ago. They always treated me good. I will try to buy my next one at Gentilini just because they are close, they have a great reputation, great truck selection and my salesman from Chapman works there now. I do not like South Shore and don't have any reason not to like Kindle.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
I bought my F150 at Chapmans 9 years ago. They always treated me good. I will try to buy my next one at Gentilini just because they are close, they have a great reputation, great truck selection and my salesman from Chapman works there now. I do not like South Shore and don't have any reason not to like Kindle.

Honestly, I have heard nothing but good things about Gentilini. ANd yes, they do have a huge truck selection. BUT...........even with all the trucks they had, they had nothing I was looking for. AND.............the salesman that came out to talk to me had an attitude and didn't know what he was talking about. Gave me a price on a used 05' Mustang GT w/10,000 miles on it and scratches...$500 more than I was quoted on an 06' fully loaded right from the factory. Then when I asked about the new 20's on an FX4 SCAB, he told me I couldnt get them on that truck. Those wheels were for the Lariats only...So what do you think was 3 trucks away from us on his lot....an FX4 SCAB with 20's....Rule #1, If you're gonna sell me something, you better know what you're selling. 100% of the time I know more about what I'm buying than the salesman.

Sorry, just my experience. If you know a salesman there, go for it. You're one step ahead.

BREW

Old 03-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Honestly, I have heard nothing but good things about Gentilini. ANd yes, they do have a huge truck selection. BUT...........even with all the trucks they had, they had nothing I was looking for. AND.............the salesman that came out to talk to me had an attitude and didn't know what he was talking about. Gave me a price on a used 05' Mustang GT w/10,000 miles on it and scratches...$500 more than I was quoted on an 06' fully loaded right from the factory. Then when I asked about the new 20's on an FX4 SCAB, he told me I couldnt get them on that truck. Those wheels were for the Lariats only...So what do you think was 3 trucks away from us on his lot....an FX4 SCAB with 20's....Rule #1, If you're gonna sell me something, you better know what you're selling. 100% of the time I know more about what I'm buying than the salesman.

Sorry, just my experience. If you know a salesman there, go for it. You're one step ahead.

BREW
Ask for Steve Allen at Gentilini's. I bought from him 9 years ago at Chapman. Nice guy and no salesman BS. If I don't like the salesman, I'm gone. If we don't deal from the factory invoice, I'm gone. All rebates are mine and are not to be discussed in the truck price. It's incentive for me and not something they use to haggle over with the price. It doesn't have to be the lowest price but a fair price.

I drove by Gentilini's today and saw some nice 250s on the lot.

Quick Reply: Wheres New jersey