Alpine IVA-W200 with Blackbird

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine IVA-W200 with Blackbird

Has anyone done this yet? I have the flip out Pioneer DVD with Bypass on it....but looking to get a different HU.

Wants: IPOD, NAV, BU Cam, IPOD video, Bypassable, bluetooth.

Based on my research, Clarion and Apline are the way to go but wanted to know if anyone has used the blackbird with the alpine yet.

Thanks

Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Suspended
anaheimdrew has that setup. I just have the iva-w200 and have no complaints. But he has the navi too...

Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 PM
I do not have the dock yet for the Blackbird but, the Blackbird is awesome. If I used it more, I would get the dock. I am hoping the price of the dock will start to come down. Last I checked, it was still $200. Just not worth that much for the little that I use it.

Last edited by dconder; 01-04-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
I do not have the dock yet for the Blackbird but, the Blackbird is awesome. If I used it more, I would get the dock. I am hoping the price of the dock will start to come down. Last I checked, it was still $200. Just not worth that much for the little that I use it.
Heard today that Alpine has a new HU coming out in March along with a new smaller blackbird....get this...the docking stating is the HU....drop the screen and insert the blackbird. Not to mention it comes with Multizone, bluetooth and a little button to eject bad passengers.

I think I am going to hold on for that unit.

JP

Old 01-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Heard today that Alpine has a new HU coming out in March along with a new smaller blackbird....get this...the docking stating is the HU....drop the screen and insert the blackbird. Not to mention it comes with Multizone, bluetooth and a little button to eject bad passengers.

I think I am going to hold on for that unit.

JP
Do you have a link with any info on that new unit?

Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Do you have a link with any info on that new unit?
I sure don't but the info comes from Fort Worths largest Alpine dealer. I checked on the Alpine website and there are no press releases on it yet. When I see something I will get it posted.

JP

Old 01-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I sure don't but the info comes from Fort Worths largest Alpine dealer. I checked on the Alpine website and there are no press releases on it yet. When I see something I will get it posted.

JP
I think maybe the big countdown clock they have running might be the ticket. From what I could make of it, they are going to release all the info on their new products at CES and on the web at the same time.

I am pretty jacked about what might be next to replace the W200. One thing that would be super awesome would be full video Ipod support so you could watch movies from the Ipod and still control it from the screen. I have the cable that allows me to watch the movies on the W200 thru the AUX input but, you have to control it from the IPOD. You can not keep the IPOD hooked to the W200's IPOD input because it takes over control of the IPOD. Need a way to work the video and still charge without having to hook up the a/v cable and a 12volt receptable cable.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 PM
true

I know someone going to alpine show mid month and said the new dvd with blackbird dock and ipod dock in HU is comming out then middle of january. I went in looking for DVD player at his shop he told me to wait for this one. said it will be cheaper too? I know where my income tax return is going haha!

Old 01-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I think maybe the big countdown clock they have running might be the ticket. From what I could make of it, they are going to release all the info on their new products at CES and on the web at the same time.

I am pretty jacked about what might be next to replace the W200. One thing that would be super awesome would be full video Ipod support so you could watch movies from the Ipod and still control it from the screen. I have the cable that allows me to watch the movies on the W200 thru the AUX input but, you have to control it from the IPOD. You can not keep the IPOD hooked to the W200's IPOD input because it takes over control of the IPOD. Need a way to work the video and still charge without having to hook up the a/v cable and a 12volt receptable cable.
I knew I forgot something...the new IPOD connections is said to be 4X faster than the already fast direct-connection and yes it will have full Video support. You'll need to get a new PAC bypass for it.

CES starts on the 8th....lets group buy em!!!!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Damn that sucks cause I just bought my w200. Oh well guess I'm stuck with it know, not gonna change head units again. I'm pretty happy with the w200 and my ipod. I also have the av cable in my truck, but set it up nice so that its not a big deal that i have to switch cables. I'll get pics up as soon as I get a chance

Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by 04FX4MG
Damn that sucks cause I just bought my w200. Oh well guess I'm stuck with it know, not gonna change head units again. I'm pretty happy with the w200 and my ipod. I also have the av cable in my truck, but set it up nice so that its not a big deal that i have to switch cables. I'll get pics up as soon as I get a chance
Nice looking rig you got there. A lot of folks have two cables for the ipods...me included. My wife has the 60gig Video and I have the little 20 gig Gen 5....we have loaded darn near all our kids videos on her ipod...just run it through the AV....been doing that way for over 1 year now. looking forward to one input...

Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Any speculation from you guys on what that new HU will cost? Ballpark? I am looking for a new one myself and I am struggling with the decision. The leader at the moment is the W200.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by BigDave4
Any speculation from you guys on what that new HU will cost? Ballpark? I am looking for a new one myself and I am struggling with the decision. The leader at the moment is the W200.
Guess will be 800-1000

Now with that said....give it 2-3 months and you will find on ebay for 600-800 maybe less.

That is my thought given the price of the W200 on the web now.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:27 AM
3 1/2 hours according to the Alpine site. I am like a kid on Christmas eve here. Can't I open just one

Old 01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
3 1/2 hours according to the Alpine site. I am like a kid on Christmas eve here. Can't I open just one
3 hours 19 min...........

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-W200 with Blackbird