Alpine IVA-W200 with Blackbird

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This kce415i sucks. You loose the control feature in the touch screen. You have to plug this into the aux input so there is no option for ipod under source. You have to control everything thru the ipod. I mean yea now its only one cable for both video and audio but not being able to control the ipod thru hu is a big turn off for me. I'm taking it out. I rather switch wires from audio to video and still control my ipod thru my hu.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by 04FX4MG
This kce415i sucks. You loose the control feature in the touch screen. You have to plug this into the aux input so there is no option for ipod under source. You have to control everything thru the ipod. I mean yea now its only one cable for both video and audio but not being able to control the ipod thru hu is a big turn off for me. I'm taking it out. I rather switch wires from audio to video and still control my ipod thru my hu.
If this is true that totally sucks. Ok my question for you sir. Do you use the IPOD connection or the mini plug for video or both? If you could use both that would be ok to run the video b/c you have the choose to have TV on or TV off...

how is it hooked up? Have you tried calling Alpine yet?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I was running the ipod connection for the w200 with an av cable to the aux input for when I wanted to play video. The problem was that when I wanted to see video I had to disconnect the audio plug but, I like that better than having to control everything thru the ipod. I use it for music more than video anyway. The rep at alpine said it wasn't meant as a replacement for the ipod connection thats why you can't control it thru the hu with this piece. Overall I think its better to have all my ipod info on my hu screen. Maybe I'm being picky but, to me thats what was so cool about having this setup.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 AM
I thought the Alpine website said "Direct control of basic IPOD functions thru touch screen". It does not do that at all? So basically, what does it do that we could not do before?

Old 01-11-2007, 03:47 PM
It allows for audio and video out of one plug to your ipod. But, the only thing you can do on the screen is next and previous song. It sucks I already returned mine. Is there a better way than the setup I have. I got the ipod connection for audio and when I want to see videos I have to unplug that and plug in the av cable which goes to my aux input.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
It allows for audio and video out of one plug to your ipod. But, the only thing you can do on the screen is next and previous song. It sucks I already returned mine. Is there a better way than the setup I have. I got the ipod connection for audio and when I want to see videos I have to unplug that and plug in the av cable which goes to my aux input.
That is what I do now on my Pioneeer. Works good for me...was hoping that this would solve that....it has everything else I wanted.....maybe have to consider the Clarion now? Did I just typed that?

Old 01-11-2007, 04:13 PM
That is exactly the way I do it now too. I was hoping for a one cable solution for audio/video with control via the head unit. The thing I do not like most is that if I want to watch video, I have to plug the a/v cable in and plug a car charger cable so the ipod will charge. I still would not mind all the connections if I could just control video on the screen. Oh well. Not a huge deal.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
It's deffinately not a big deal to me either but, your right it would have been nice

Old 01-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Suspended
Uh, mine works 100% fine? I do all touch screen controls with no problems at all.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Uh, mine works 100% fine? I do all touch screen controls with no problems at all.
On video or just audio? Do you have the KCE-415i?

Old 01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
On video or just audio? Do you have the KCE-415i?
I was kind of lurking for the answer to that also.

Has anyone seen the pricing yet for the 205's?

Been looking around and the site still has the 200 up.

Lets wake up this thread again!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe Lumadar will see the post and let us know. I am going to try and pm him too.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:10 PM
im looking at alpine-usa.com and i dont see the new w205 or the new backbird.. gonna have to ask my buddy. he's an alpine rep.. or has alpine rep's working under him.. but he know's the products.
are you guys seeing the new w205 on their webstie? thanks.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by backdoc7
im looking at alpine-usa.com and i dont see the new w205 or the new backbird.. gonna have to ask my buddy. he's an alpine rep.. or has alpine rep's working under him.. but he know's the products.
are you guys seeing the new w205 on their webstie? thanks.
Download the 2007 catalog from their website. It has them in there.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by dconder
Download the 2007 catalog from their website. It has them in there.
cool, thanks.. checking it out now.. be kinda hard to throwdown on a OEM nav unit when you can get a W-205 for close to the same price.. yeah, you'd still have to add the navi.. but the s.q. has to be far superior, correct?

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-W200 with Blackbird