Lightning

Me and a SRT 10 on I 88 !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-06-2003, 03:11 AM
I was just looking at the pictures posted earlier. Did you get a load of that shifter. It looks like a school bus stick... haha. Real Sporty

Vinny

Old 06-06-2003, 03:27 AM
that does keep the shifter close to the driver so that they don't have to reach.

Old 06-06-2003, 05:17 AM
Look at it this way, right now we own the sport truck scene. Chevy tried to nudge its way into our circle, we gave him one look and kicked him in the ***. Now Dodge shows up, hes been taking steroids since we last met him, and his ego is KICKIN'.

Whatever happens in the future, we keep our heads high, and find strenght in knowning that while Dodge may be big, hes also ugly. Really friggin' ugly. Big ole' nose and everything. Friggin' wing. GET OUTTA HERE!

If I was offered a brand spankin' new Black Dodge SRT-10 months before anyone owned one of them, at the cost of my Lightning, I would still tell Dodge to take a hike.

Chicks don't care what under the hood. They like curves, and so do I, and the Dodge won't help me with that. Big friggin' dump truck.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:34 AM
One thing that has always amazed me about this whole post is that there is yet to be another siting of an SRT-10. It just seems the whole thing was a case of mistaken identity. I think it's great that Dodge is coming out with a hi- performance truck. It only forces Ford to push the envelope a little further. As for looks, I think it's a nice looking truck. I know some L owners who have wings, but yet nobody says anything to them. I just get a little tired of the cutting remarks and the instant put downs when something is put out bya different manufacturer. I know we are entitled to our personal opinions, but I feel some of the posters on here look at things with their eyes closed. For some of you, if you had the exact same look of a Lightning with a Dodge or Chevy badge, you would bad mouth it. Just my $.02.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:47 AM
thats it guys, where having a IL road trip to find this SRT-10!

Old 06-06-2003, 10:50 AM
It looks like a school bus stick... haha. Real Sporty

uhhh trust me....no

Old 06-06-2003, 10:57 AM
RTKILLA:

Road trip it is...

''Be wery wery quiet! I'm hunt'n wabbi.... SRT-10s!''

Would be a nice site, 3 or 4 lightnings driving around... looking for a SRT-10.. hmm

Old 06-06-2003, 10:59 AM
I wonder if Dodge fans, that are waiting for this SRT-10 to come out, are worried? As soon as they heat the streat, you know for a fact every and any lightning owner is out looking for their head <g>... I would be scared to buy one

I can picture it... he takes it home... cleans it... waxes it and all that good stuff... puts it in the garage and on a nice Sunday, takes it out to drive around. He opens the garage door, and a block full of lightnings waiting for him Bwhahaha...

Old 06-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Overall, i like the look but i dont like the shifter. Looks like a nice truck but i think it is over rated and over priced. I know i cant afford it. It is definatly a clean lookin truck. We will have to see how it does when it comes out i guess. Should be fun.

Vinny

Old 06-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Suspended
Weight, SRT vs. L, HEMI DAKS and more

I won't judge on the story...could be real, maybe not...I KNOW that the ones out there for testing are NOT red and not wearing ANY body cladding or wings..they look like regular Rams..but say RAM 505 on the door.

Believe it or not the SRT-10 is almost even in weight with the regular Ram...Mostly because the ALUMINUM V10 is actually lighter than the Iron block V8..

I believe the truck will be lighter than you think...although it won't make it any easier to drive...but then again what's wrong with requiring skill to drive? The better the truck, the better the driver required to pilot it. Anybody (even me ) can drive a L, but even your average L driver couldn't handle an SRT...they'd put it in the ditch like Kelsey Grammar in his Viper.

Truth is the L is tricked out enough to be "fast" but tame enough that any joe can drive it.

AND if it's so weak, then why did Ford go overboard on the '04 L and give it that weak ***, sometimes powerful engine? Extra HP for quick, short bursts....woopie...basicly NOx that doesn't need to be recharged...

..the SRT has 22" wheels.. too big for me..I'll take 18's and a lower drop thankyou..

..and now the L will have 22's and a 6 speed (with a push button starter...ala' SRT10).....do I see a trend...)

At least in '04 the F150 will stop looking like an overgrown Ranger.

I'll take a GEN I....please....

and in the end...both of these trucks will be so expensive nobody will be able to afford them....and Chebby will end up with the next affordable Hot rod Truck (that stupid, slow, butt ugly SS) which is not even on par with a QC HEMI Ram....

Oh well, at least there is still the R/T DAK....for $20K...I can do alot to it...and Soon there will be the new R/T HEMI Dak....HMMMM....345 HP in a 3700 pound truck...sounds like potential there.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Re: Weight, SRT vs. L, HEMI DAKS and more

Originally posted by Superdart

..and now the L will have 22's and a 6 speed (with a push button starter...ala' SRT10).....do I see a trend...)

its called a concept vehicle. There will likely be changes, especially to the things you mentioned.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Suspended
Originally posted by wildneg
I wonder if Dodge fans, that are waiting for this SRT-10 to come out, are worried? As soon as they heat the streat, you know for a fact every and any lightning owner is out looking for their head <g>... I would be scared to buy one

I can picture it... he takes it home... cleans it... waxes it and all that good stuff... puts it in the garage and on a nice Sunday, takes it out to drive around. He opens the garage door, and a block full of lightnings waiting for him Bwhahaha...
YEP...and they will get slaughtered (the stock ones anyways)..just like all the Ricers down here that get their asses handed to them by the R/T DAKs.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:45 PM
Re: Weight, SRT vs. L, HEMI DAKS and more

Originally posted by Superdart
AND if it's so weak, then why did Ford go overboard on the '04 L and give it that weak ***, sometimes powerful engine?
WTF?

If 500 hp is weak, then the Viper's weak, right?

Old 06-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Cool Me and a SRT 10 on I 88!!!!!!!

;

Sawzall;

Last summer I ran into a SRT 500 on my way into work at Fo Mo Co in Wixom, Mi. There was a Dodge Ram at a side street I
past that followed me and came up behind me real fast then when I got on next two laner he pulled up just to right half way
and I could see emblem on his door! We were turning left onto part of Wixom road that passes my plant and there are three traffic lights along this part of highway. I tried each time to have
a go with him at each one and even at a roll but he would not do
it for some reason. He did have along computer mounted on right
side of dash with green LED readout so I think that would of monitored anything he did so thats why he wouldn't have it a go
with my " L " . It was a charcol grey with a hard lid on bed and the mag rims that will come on the Production version. Those rims
are 24"ers and I'll bet the rubber will be expensive to replace for
sure. But if he would of ran me I'm sure it would of been posted
here before now, win or loose!! But I don't think they will be much faster then a slightly moded " L " if at all. Just lots more
money than the " L " s here. But will be very interesting when they do come out to play..............

Quick Reply: Me and a SRT 10 on I 88 !!!!!!!