Lightning

Me and a SRT 10 on I 88 !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Stormyday
Not doubting your story but nobody can tell me that a stock lightning is faster than a 500 H.P. Dodge.
There had to be some unknown to you.

Keep dreaming guys.
Your the dreamer. You forget that it's torque that gets you there. The L has 450 Ft/lbs the SRT 10 has 500 ft/lbs, 500 pounds of extra weight, and big heavy rims with low profile tires. Do the math.

Old 05-17-2003, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I really the only skeptic? What happened to the trash talking, people hating, don't believe anything until I have the video and 5 people who saw it to prove it forum?

My only uh..... problem with this story is that it was my understanding that the SRT-10 comes out this fall. Well, after re-reading the post (and that was explained) I have a question for anyone who works at a dealership.

How many times have you gotten a vehicle 6 months ahead of time? How many times have they let employees drive brand new, unreleased cars? How many times has an employee driven a $50,000+ car?

I just can't imagine any of those aspects. What is the deal? Is Dodge sending them out to just sit in dealerships? Are the dealerships letting their employees take $50K+ racing trucks out for spins on the town so they can get scratches and miles on them ?

Ford will hardly let customers take L's on test drives, let alone give their employees free runs so they can take $1000's off their retail price and total the thing.

Old 05-17-2003, 01:12 AM
You know, I love my new 03 Lightning, but I wouldn't expect to pull away from an SRT-10 with 120 more HP and 50 ft. lbs. more than me on the freeway. If they're 5000 pounds, that's only 200 more than an L. On the drag strip is another matter for all the reasons above. They will be tough to get going without wheelspin, and tough to shift cleanly judging by the shifter. But on the freeway they'd put up a good show.

I don't care what the guy told you, I doubt it was the 500 HP SRT-10.

Jody

Old 05-17-2003, 01:24 AM
numbers dont lie...................

http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/srt10info.html

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/01lightninginfo.html

the dodge has 22's on it, that will slow that heavy best down a lot. my buddy is getting one of those trcuks when they come out, but everytime he calls about when they are coming in the tell him some BS and how it should be in soon. i told him if he even wants to be able to stay even a car leng behined me he would have to put some 18's on it and i hope they make some traction bars.

Old 05-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Did a yahoo search for 20 min or so including a number of random Dodge truck forums. I couldnt even find a confirmed price for the SRT 10 let alone any info that the production trucks are on the street.. It may have been a prototype, but surely one of the BIG Dodge sites would be buzzing if the production trucks were really available....

Doug

Old 05-17-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by sporkdevil
Am I really the only skeptic? What happened to the trash talking, people hating, don't believe anything until I have the video and 5 people who saw it to prove it forum?

My only uh..... problem with this story is that it was my understanding that the SRT-10 comes out this fall. Well, after re-reading the post (and that was explained) I have a question for anyone who works at a dealership.

How many times have you gotten a vehicle 6 months ahead of time? How many times have they let employees drive brand new, unreleased cars? How many times has an employee driven a $50,000+ car?

I just can't imagine any of those aspects. What is the deal? Is Dodge sending them out to just sit in dealerships? Are the dealerships letting their employees take $50K+ racing trucks out for spins on the town so they can get scratches and miles on them ?

Ford will hardly let customers take L's on test drives, let alone give their employees free runs so they can take $1000's off their retail price and total the thing.
Is the BS flag in attendance anywhere?

Old 05-17-2003, 02:23 AM

There ya go!

It's always nice to hear about a lightning kill, but I just can't believe an SRT10 is out on the street.

It was prolly a lowered ram with a decal kit

Old 05-17-2003, 02:36 AM
geez guys... it's his story and he told it like he saw it. you don't have to be disrespecting him. the guy said they really couldn't get into it. I don't think any of you were riding passenger with him. I have seen an SRT-10 in person and those ugly damn things are heavy and the wheels are 22 inches. Viper motor or not, and plus look at the aerodynamics of that thing. It is literally a brick compared to our trucks. But it looks like we all will be finding out how fast they are in our own time.

Old 05-17-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Tony Montana
numbers dont lie...................

http://www.fast-autos.net/dodge/srt10info.html

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/01lightninginfo.html

the dodge has 22's on it, that will slow that heavy best down a lot. my buddy is getting one of those trcuks when they come out, but everytime he calls about when they are coming in the tell him some BS and how it should be in soon. i told him if he even wants to be able to stay even a car leng behined me he would have to put some 18's on it and i hope they make some traction bars.
I was speaking of a race on the freeway from a rolling start like he said he had. If you look at the numbers you linked to, the Lightning is a tenth quicker in the 1/4 mile, but FIVE mph slower. That tells me that these things MOVE once they get rolling.

I'm only speaking stock versus stock as he said he was. I just don't see it. It couldn't have been the SRT-10 in the 500 HP/525 ft. lb configuration. He would not have left it at freeway speeds with a stock Lightning. No disrespect intended from me. I think he thought it was one; I just doubt it really was.

Old 05-17-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by NateTrun2
geez guys... it's his story and he told it like he saw it. you don't have to be disrespecting him. the guy said they really couldn't get into it.
No no no, I wasn't calling anyone (cept the Dodge owner/borrower) a liar. Coolva looks to be a long time member and hasn't posted things like this before. We have seen the "srt-10" pics which prove to be fakes. I just see it impossible for the dude at the Dodge dealership, who cleans the toilets and fills up coffe, to be out driving an unreleased race truck that costs more than his life is worth. I'm sure if I raced something that looked just like one I would be pretty convinced.

Lets all remember all of the lightning badges we have seen. How hard would some rims, hood scoop, bed cover, and exhaust be? And I would bet they have ground effects similar to the SRT-10 out already, the damn thing has been shown for an eternity. When I see one, I will believe it as I will add in my own "bare metal racing stripes".

Just kidding, it's late, and I'm drunk. Woo! I could never key a nice car, or a car I don't know the driver (heh, leaves options/past instances)

Old 05-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by air1kdf
Your the dreamer. You forget that it's torque that gets you there. . .
I will remember that the next time I pull up next to a diesel.

Old 05-17-2003, 08:47 AM
You know now i know why alot of good guys gave up on this site.
Some of you guys are vary helpfull. Then there this:

"I say its B S" , "Do I see a B S flag here" ," Its not an SRT-10 " , my *** hurts, waaa waaa waaa.

Next time this ***** happens ill keep it to myself. I thought you guys would appreciate me risking my azz in heavy traffic to find out what this truck had. I dont need to get killed nor a flippen ticket. Just make sure if anyone else here sees the truck and posts about it you give them the same treatment, until your next door nieghbor buys one and then you can say their out there. Im not going to carry a camera or video cam around or better yet tell him to sit tight and ill be right back with my minister so i have proof. The last time i say this:
IT REALLY HAPPENED, AND IT WAS A SRT-10

Old 05-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Who's to say this truck wasn't a manufacturers truck out on promotion at a dealer or show? Maybe getting mileage accumulation. Testing??

However it came about and fate getting the two together. I believe the story.

We have new pre-production 04 F-150's with Kansas plates on them and a few others with different out of state plates at Ford.

Ford owns them, still they don't have an "M" plate. There are given to dealers and MSX international does mileage accumulation on the vehicles for testing accross the country.

This is why I can believe a few here will be running into some prior to the Ram hitting the dealer showrooms.

These trucks are in production now... Some will get a chance sooner then they think. They are not a 12 second truck out of the dealer. If they are, they are sandbagging and releasing, internally false documentation about the performance of the truck. I have good intell....

My inside source says mid to high 13's. We shall soon see. In the mean time. Those raising the BS flag.... Come over here to Dearborn. You'll see pleanty of 04 F-150's an occasional glimps at a early production "GT" running around. Their not at dealers. They are still on the streets

Old 05-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Old 05-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Quit doubting his story!

Around Detroit alone< Ive seen that Red SRT-10, 2 04 F150's, both with camoflauge, the new ram before it was out, etc.

Quick Reply: Me and a SRT 10 on I 88 !!!!!!!