Lightning

Me and a SRT 10 on I 88 !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

That's one of the things that I love about travelling through Michigan, and also out west in Arizona. You guys get to see all these new rides in the testing phases.

Old 05-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Mike: I liked your analogy but I know you know you "squeeze" the trigger, not "pull" it:

without a well trained marksman pulling the trigger

Dan

Old 05-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Rest In Peace
Originally posted by Sawzall
You know now i know why alot of good guys gave up on this site.
Some of you guys are vary helpfull. Then there this:

"I say its B S" , "Do I see a B S flag here" ," Its not an SRT-10 " , my *** hurts, waaa waaa waaa.

Next time this ***** happens ill keep it to myself. I thought you guys would appreciate me risking my azz in heavy traffic to find out what this truck had. I dont need to get killed nor a flippen ticket. Just make sure if anyone else here sees the truck and posts about it you give them the same treatment, until your next door nieghbor buys one and then you can say their out there. Im not going to carry a camera or video cam around or better yet tell him to sit tight and ill be right back with my minister so i have proof. The last time i say this:
IT REALLY HAPPENED, AND IT WAS A SRT-10
Exactly thankyou.

Old 05-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Thumbs up Sawzall

Your story sounded true to me for what it's worth. I am very jealous! I had wanted to be the first to knock one of those off. Oh well... Now I will just have to be the first SRT-10 slayer in Miami Good job..and screw the naysayers

Old 05-17-2003, 10:21 AM
i have a pic of what the srt10 is supposed to look like,and it doesnt look anything like the red one shown on here.how do i post it on here?i have it in my gallery,but cant post it on a reply.

Old 05-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For what its worth...........

I believe his story and I also believe those dodges are on the streets. I just hope one comes cruising thru Linden, NJ and tries to takeaway my title of the quickest plywood hauler at Home Depot

Old 05-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Old 05-17-2003, 11:13 AM
I believe all the events that he spoke about happened. I do NOT understand how a stock Lightning can pull away from one however. Unless this one did not have the Viper engine (which they do on test mules sometimes, depending on what they're testing) OR they're nowhere near 500 HP. Can't be any other explanation.

Jody

Old 05-17-2003, 11:33 AM
It looks liuke this is a dodge truck made to look like a viper truck. If it had MFG plates then maybe, but test drivers do not race there mules down the interstate.

Old 05-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Sawzall
You know now i know why alot of good guys gave up on this site.
Some of you guys are vary helpfull. Then there this:

"I say its B S" , "Do I see a B S flag here" ," Its not an SRT-10 " , my *** hurts, waaa waaa waaa.

Next time this ***** happens ill keep it to myself. I thought you guys would appreciate me risking my azz in heavy traffic to find out what this truck had. I dont need to get killed nor a flippen ticket. Just make sure if anyone else here sees the truck and posts about it you give them the same treatment, until your next door nieghbor buys one and then you can say their out there. Im not going to carry a camera or video cam around or better yet tell him to sit tight and ill be right back with my minister so i have proof. The last time i say this:
IT REALLY HAPPENED, AND IT WAS A SRT-10
I have no doubt that the incident is true, but I just think it might be a case of mistaken identity. You even mentioned yourself that you thought it might have had an automatic. It just seems unkikely that the first sighting of an SRT-10 on the road would be by a Lightning owner and owned by a dealership in Illinois. Even moderator Doug said no search on the Dodge forums have spoken of any sightings. If it in fact was real, then I would expect several other sightings to soon follow, and hopefully we will be able to see it and also be able to see the engine. My question about the bs flag was meant in jest and no intent to discredit you. I appologize for that.

Old 05-17-2003, 01:34 PM
way to go Sawzall

i second that LIGHTNINROD

Old 05-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Sorry Sawzall, don't take my previous post as a flame. I'm sure you raced a dodge and killed it, I don't doubt your word. BUT I still doubt that someone from a dodge dealer was racing a pre-production SRT10 on the interstate. I can't imagine how it could be anything but a cleverly diguised fake. Like someone said, mistaken identity.

Old 05-17-2003, 01:59 PM
I don't see anything wrong with having a kick *** Dodge. Competition will only make the SVT boys have to make something even better. Go them, it'll help us.

Old 05-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Looks like some are giving this SRT respect before it's deserved or even earned. Just b/c it has a viper powertrain doesn't make it a killer like it's little brother the Viper.

The viper doesn't weigh in at 5K. Then add into the calculation of the drivers weight and gas. Not to mention the wheels.

This truck is going to have to beat me before it get's my respect.

Maybe it was a poser? I don't think it was. I don't see dodge selling the hoods,wheels,wing and badging prior to the release of the truck. Remember how hard it was to get the 01 tailights?

The parts wen't to the line first. Also. who's to say if they guy could really drive the thing. I don't think Michael Andretti was in it.

There are times when some people in manufacturer vehicles have exercised a little showboating of a new product on the street and track. Take the Mach 1 for instance in Atlanta prior to it's release.

Funnier things have happened here guys...

Old 05-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah, when it's a game of one-upmanship between the manufacturers, we all win cause we get better and better products coming out.

Someone should have told that to the designers at GM, though. What were they thinking to release the Silverado SS slower than both their competitors? In one-upmanship your new product is supposed to be, well, one-up.

Quick Reply: Me and a SRT 10 on I 88 !!!!!!!