4th of July SALE!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th of July SALE!!

4th of July is Here!! Hurry and Enjoy your 30% OFF on all HID kits! Use coupon code: july430

Visit www.hidextra.com for more information! Have a great 4th of July!!

HIDextra

Old 07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Can you recommend the correct kit for a 1997 F150, also do I need a cancellor? I do plan on upgrading to the relay setup. I would also like to have Hi and Low beams. Also do you have kits for the fog lights?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Please know for your 1997 F150 bulb types are as follows:
Low/Highbeam: 9007
Foglights: 9006

And please know as per our list your vehicle require a pair of capacitors to eliminate flickering issues and signal error in dash.

Please visit www.hidextra.com for more information. And please don't forget to use coupon code: july430 to avail the 30% OFF.

Thank you.

HIDextra

Originally Posted by Richard D
Can you recommend the correct kit for a 1997 F150, also do I need a cancellor? I do plan on upgrading to the relay setup. I would also like to have Hi and Low beams. Also do you have kits for the fog lights?

Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Very good thank you, can you recommend a specific kit? What is the best value for the money. I see you have 4 options for the 9007 bulbs. Also if I am reading correctly your kits are all plug and play no wire splicing like lots of others seem to be is that correct? And then what K brightness for the whitest pure lighting. I am guessing the 5k would that be right?

And will the lights work correctly with this type of headlight assembly? Mine are close to this but with only one hole for teh headlight bulb

Last edited by Richard D; 07-04-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM
i didn't see it on your website. Can you get 4300k D1S bulbs?

Old 07-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Richard, 4300K is the whitest light, but don't be fooled by this scam artist, you won't see a thing with HIDs in stock headlights, all the light will be going into outer space. They are totally different optics

Old 07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks Raptor that is kind of what I had thought.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Richard!

Thank you for your interest in our products, if you would like brighter and truer color, we suggest that you get 55w, it's 30-40% truer and brighter color than the 35w kits. But if you just like the regular HID kit, we recommend that you get 35w kits (either standard/ slim kit)

And please know 5k is OEM White and 6k is Diamond White Color. We recommend that you get 5k.

And please don't forget to get a pair of capacitors, it will eliminate flickering issues & signal error on dash.

Thank you.

HIDextra

Originally Posted by Richard D
Very good thank you, can you recommend a specific kit? What is the best value for the money. I see you have 4 options for the 9007 bulbs. Also if I am reading correctly your kits are all plug and play no wire splicing like lots of others seem to be is that correct? And then what K brightness for the whitest pure lighting. I am guessing the 5k would that be right?

And will the lights work correctly with this type of headlight assembly? Mine are close to this but with only one hole for teh headlight bulb

Old 07-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Hello,

You can check the link below for the D1s bulbs -->
http://www.hidextra.com/d1s-hid-bulb-1130

And please know that we don't have 4300k. Our color temp are as follows:
3k- Bright yellow
5k- OEM White
6k- Diamond White
8k- Aquatic Blue
10k- Deep Blue

Don't forget to use coupon code: july430 to get the 30% OFF

Thank you!
HIDextra

Originally Posted by thenewbreed
i didn't see it on your website. Can you get 4300k D1S bulbs?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
And don't forget that these super cheap kits are also illegal and dangerous!

Originally Posted by US Customs
CBP Targeting Illegal Imports of Noncompliant Auto Headlamps
U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported recently that its Import Safety Commercial Targeting and Analysis Center is on the lookout for illegal imports of noncompliant high intensity discharge conversion kits, light sources and ballasts. HID conversion kits are custom light sources and ballasts manufactured to be installed into headlamps that were not designed to use them. When these kits are installed, they pose potential glare hazards to other roadway users.

CBP states that since receiving a commercial allegation in December 2010 it has identified hundreds of shipments for examination at various ports of entry, including Los Angeles, Anchorage, Cleveland, San Juan, Miami, Detroit, Champlain, Orlando and Seattle. Most recently, CBP officers at the port of Newark seized Sept. 12 a shipment of 10,740 imported HID conversion kits from China valued at approximately $570,000 following a determination that the equipment failed to meet Department of Transportation requirements that headlamp replaceable light sources be marked with the light source type, the light source manufacturer's name or trademark, and the DOT symbol indicating certification of compliance with governing regulations. Other DOT compliance issues exist as well.

Since October 2009, CBP has seized more than 400,000 HID conversion kits and components for violating DOT regulations. A significant portion of those shipments arrived via air cargo or express mail from numerous southeast Asian countries.

Quick Reply: 4th of July SALE!!