Want New Heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AndersonS
Looks good. Be careful with that clear reflector. DOT regulation requires an amber reflector. Not sure how strict your local laws are. Also, I always tried to find a light with free shipping. They usually work out to be cheaper.
Thanks, I was unaware of the regulation. Lol my current clear corners don't have any reflector...

Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dassar
Lights look good man. Im currently looking to replace mine as well. Whats your guys opion of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F150-EXPEDIT...251ee8&vxp=mtr

Basically the same as what you got, without the amber. Sorry for the thread highjack.
I've got those, but with a projector strapped in the middle of them. I've never had any trouble from the 5-0 about the reflector, and I've got white running lights as well.

Looks good. Be careful with that clear reflector. DOT regulation requires an amber reflector. Not sure how strict your local laws are. Also, I always tried to find a light with free shipping. They usually work out to be cheaper.
If you find two identical units from the same seller, usually they will put "free shipping" but jack up the base price and vice versa. But I like buying the "free shipping" models because the seller has to pay eBay percentage on his sales, not his shipping

Originally Posted by Dassar
Thanks, I was unaware of the regulation. Lol my current clear corners don't have any reflector...
Yeah don't expect too much hassle. As long as you don't have blue lights or something cops usually won't care.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:43 PM

Finally bit down and spent the cash. Ordered the same lights and upgraded my bulbs to the ultras. Like the look alot haven't had the chance to drive it at night yet but looking forward to it. While i had this all apart i went a step further and pulled the grill (with out breaking the tabs!) and painted it flat black, matches the lights much better. Pics to come. Thanks for the info!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by buck119fa
Finally bit down and spent the cash. Ordered the same lights and upgraded my bulbs to the ultras. Like the look alot haven't had the chance to drive it at night yet but looking forward to it. While i had this all apart i went a step further and pulled the grill (with out breaking the tabs!) and painted it flat black, matches the lights much better. Pics to come. Thanks for the info!
Sweet. Let's see em!

Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM

Sweet. Let's see em!
here's a look with the painted grill and new lights

Old 03-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Nice! Did you pop the metal clips on the lights off?

Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM

No, i left the clips on.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Haha, you too can bedazzle your headlights....

Quick Reply: Want New Heads