I want to go blackout on the head lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found these for $325 for the pair.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ thats what i was looking for but came across mine for 120 for the pair. the heads i have seem to be better quality than the ones with the LEDs across the bottom. mine actually looked almost identical to the stock ones from the back except the hole for the wires to come out. i did need to seal them with silicone where the wires came out and also around the edges of the whole assemblies. since these are OEM harley headlights, you 99.9% probability that you wont have to do any sealing to them. the OEMs are put together very well so it would just be direct replacement. also i have seen many people go with stealth bulbs for the turn signals to get rid of all the yellow color while the lights are off.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 PM
yes, the dealer wants 365 per side

I have heard of aftermarket halo's having water issues along with fogging. I have heard with the after market ones I would need to silicone before install
I have heard of plastic peeling, paint peeling and cracks.

I hope that if I spend a little extra and buy these that they will look good even a few years down the road.

Last edited by Larryw1; 03-03-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 PM
yeah OEM ones will be great. my heads did fog up and by the time i had the time to get the moisture out, the passenger side one had about a tablespoon of water in it. i had to drill a hole to let it out and take a hair dryer to them, then let them sit in the sun. after all that i sealed them and they havent fogged up since. mine also used all the stock bulbs so the bulb quality was the same. but yeah the dealer was almost 400 per side when i looked also.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:11 AM
My new look

Here is waht I ended up with!
New Flares, New HD oem Lights, Pulled my chrome bumper and had it powder coated. Leaving just the right amount of chrome!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Larryw1
yes, I had to remove the tow hooks. That is the downside to any type of bull bar.

thanks for the info on your lights.

your halo's look nice. toggle switch ?? why didn't you tie them into your low beans?
Do you still have your tow hooks?
IF their the right kind i might buy them off of yah!
Send a PM if youd like.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by jdt_ellinor
Do you still have your tow hooks?
IF their the right kind i might buy them off of yah!
Send a PM if youd like.
Yes I do. I am hanging on to them for now. I pan on having a bull bar made that is strong and can use tow hooks. I don't know if I am going to use mine yet.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Larryw1
Yes I do. I am hanging on to them for now. I pan on having a bull bar made that is strong and can use tow hooks. I don't know if I am going to use mine yet.
Weeeeellllllllll, when (if) the time comes... ID buy em off of ya prolly. if theyd match up like i want. Sooo keep me in mind

Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
well your truck doesnt look like a turd lol. looks good. im not a fan of fender flares but they do add a nice touch on yours. powdercoated bumper looks good too.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by timmypstyle
well your truck doesnt look like a turd lol. looks good. im not a fan of fender flares but they do add a nice touch on yours. powdercoated bumper looks good too.
thanks.

I was at the dealer yesterday looking for my friend. One of the younger sales guy came up and wanted to know about my truck he was trying to figure out when ford put this model out???

I laughed and said you guy's sold it to me. I did most of the work myself.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Your truck looks great! I'm debating on powder coating my side steps... How much did your bumper run you? Chrome scratches too easy I've found out, plus it almost makes more sense because I have a black grill. Did you figure out anything for your tail lights? I want to eventually blackout my truck too.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
truck looks good!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by croot0512
Your truck looks great! I'm debating on powder coating my side steps... How much did your bumper run you? Chrome scratches too easy I've found out, plus it almost makes more sense because I have a black grill. Did you figure out anything for your tail lights? I want to eventually blackout my truck too.
my bumper cost 95 to have it sand blasted and powder coated.

the HD lights on my truck are what I put on. The stock ones are in a box in the garage.

Originally Posted by Raptor05121
truck looks good!
thank you!

Quick Reply: I want to go blackout on the head lights