Harley-Davidson

Revised BAHDFOG card

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revised BAHDFOG card

There were some requests for color on the last one, but no ideas on what to add.

I spent most of the time cleaning up pixels so there wasn't any gray. I could have the flames peeking behind the logo, or I have done a little work on having the BAHDFOG part be half flames - half black. What else do you think it needs?

What do you all think of this one? If this was left on your windshield, would you get online or drop an email to the adress?

Old 12-05-2002, 05:38 PM
Wink suggestions

Ok well first off, get rid of the "ricer looking" font in the center. Maybe change it to "riveted" or "bolted" logo letters? If you want to go with red flames, why not orange in the open area around "bar and sheild" and all lettering (maybe diamond plate?) except for the the "bolted"/ "riveted" logo. Maybe add 2000, 2001, and 2002 year models on same line as 2003?

Last edited by Fepony; 12-05-2002 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Old 12-05-2002, 06:23 PM
www.f150online.com????????
I figured if they get to this website, they can get a hold of us (or at least see what we are about)

Old 12-05-2002, 06:30 PM
yeah, but on the card it says "ft150online.com

card is lookin better though

Old 12-05-2002, 06:37 PM
I like it.

1. I think orange flames would be cool.

2. What about a black card with orange flames and perhaps a white raised letter logo? (I know we would have to pay someone to print these but they're not all that expensive and I'd chip in on the costs.

3. Fix the misspelling of the website.

4. I also like the idea of changing the font. It does look kind of 'ricer'.

I like the bar and shield but I think we have to be careful with it since this is a registered trademark of HD. Might want to look into that. I sure wouldn't want to be sued for using their logo without permission.

Old 12-05-2002, 06:42 PM
I didn't think it looked ricer when I did it, but now I HATE it.

Misspelling was a dumb error (I am doing this at work, and having to come back to it inbetween projects).

I don't think the Bar and Shield are too offensive (the words are different and the dimentions are not exact.

I will see about the orange flames (I am limited on colors).

Old 12-05-2002, 06:48 PM
if you want, after you get all the other stuff worked out but the color, you can email me the full version and i'll take it in photoshop and i can make the flames any color you want if you can't get the color you want cuz you said they are limited for ya

Old 12-06-2002, 03:30 AM
LOL the first thing i noticed was the 'Mr. Chows' ricer looking font in the middle, and the misshapen badge looks a bit odd. Also, maybe NO year at all would be the best...other than that...kudos to ya on takin up the project. I'd be glad to carry a few and pass em around.

Old 12-06-2002, 11:22 AM
Yeah, 4WL HOGG, I didn't think about the center font either until someone else brought it up. Guess it's good to get some input before making a bunch and giving them out.

Don't get me wrong, I like the bar and shield a lot, just want to make sure we are legally okay with it.

Old 12-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like the bar and shield a lot, just want to make sure we are legally okay with it.
i'm pretty sure that if its changed like 20% or something like that, which yours is changed alot more than that, is perfectly fine. thats how the kansas city plant can get their HDf150 shirts made, cuz they change the logo slightly and resize it a little so they don't have to go through copywriting and HD and all that

o yeah, my 4,700th post

Last edited by Harley#356; 12-06-2002 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:14 PM
Okay I got rid of the 'ricer' and went for something a little more manly, here's the next one:

On this one I added all the years of the HD trucks and corrected my hastey error. I also wanted to show the logo with the flames peaking from behind. What do you think, too much?

I think H356 is right, it is pretty different. And besides, they probably won't care unless we started making money off of it.

Come on you guys, I know you can criticize better than this. Don't worry, I am a big boy and I won't cry.

Old 12-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by stillfly02HD
LOL the first thing i noticed was the 'Mr. Chows' ricer looking font in the middle
Hey.. I have lunch there at least once a week

Anyway, the card is looking mighty fine and it just keeps getting better. I myself am not too crazy about the font, if you can get the font that the Ford commercial uses, the one that the "Built Ford Tough" plaque hits the rock, that would be awesome. Having it like a satin or brushed metal finish would be super.

With regards to the bar and shield, if anyone that has those shirts from ShowYa please help put in making the logo for the card. As Harley#356 says, if they got away with it, then I feel confident that the card or maybe letterheads in the future will be ok.

Again if you need colored proofs, I can print them out.

On another topic, I will be starting work in the BADHFOG website. I am soliciting the help of a former office colleague that is a creative and PhotoShop guru. I am more of an web applications developer and less of an artistic person, so I need all the help in graphics.

Old 12-06-2002, 02:20 PM
well even though i'm not in the BAHDFOG, i'll throw my .02$ in anyway

i liked it better when the flames didn't go behind the HD symbol. i don't know what it is, but it kinda takes the focus off of it or something. i dunno, maybe its just me

maybe take the shadow off the center bar script, unless you get rid of the flames behind it. I'd say either flames behind it and just flat letters, or no flames behind it and shadowed letters.

and i know its not the final thing yet, but the writing up top looks really clear, but at the bottom it looks a little blurry with the web and email addresses

looking good though

any chance you could post a pic of just the card without any flames...i want to try something

Old 12-06-2002, 02:22 PM
you must have posted the same exact time i did chester

anyway

With regards to the bar and shield, if anyone that has those shirts from ShowYa please help put in making the logo for the card
what did you need? i have the 01 and 02 shirt, and the 03 shirt should be here any day now. did you want pics of them to see the logo's they used or what?

Quick Reply: Revised BAHDFOG card