Trump is a twit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 10:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well tomorrow may be the end of Kasich's run. It looks like he might lose to Trump here in Ohio. We will know more in about 24 hrs

I may have spoke too soon, the 11 o'clock local news now says Kasich has pulled ahead in the polls. I guess it's anybodys race now.

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 03-14-2016 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:37 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Well Roadie we tried but, looks like there's no way to convince you not to vote for Trump and that's ok.

Remember that the North Carolina primary is important so set your alarm for Wednesday early in the morning so you can do your civic duty.

Wednesday is the big day! Go Tar Heels! Make us proud!

Old 03-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
I think we can all agree that Trump is not the answer.

BS! Trump may not be perfect but he's the only one that is seriously discussing the real issues! It's been that way since the race started. NO ONE would discuss illegal aliens and other issues until Trump brought it up. For the last several elections the establishment Republicans talked about illegal aliens but once they're in office they have consistantly failed to do anything about them. Hell, Cruz even tried to legalize them! Other issues where Republicans have FAILED to act, unbalanced trade, the national debt, the rapidly failing Obama Care, student debt, the collasping middle class, high taxation rates, etc etc. I do realize that Trump is never going to be able to do everything that he says, particularly since both the Republicans and the Democrats in Congress will not cooperate and the Federal courts will interfere. But at least he's willing to bring up the real issues that concern most Americans. In my mind that puts him light years ahead of the other Republican candidates!

Every time the subject of Trump vs the other Republicans comes up it reminds me of a scene from the movie 'Paint Your Wagon'. In it a Mormon comes to the male only mining camp with two wives. His wives fight like two cats with their tails tied together and the husband is in bad need of money so they decide to auction off his younger wife to the "companionship" starved miners. Rather surprisingly she is all in favor of the idea. Her husband says to her "but you don't know what you'll get!", to which she replies, "Oh but I know what I've had!". Inferring of course, that anything would be better. That sums up my opinion of the Republican party for the last 20+ years. ANYTHING would be better than what we've had!

Old 03-15-2016, 01:36 PM
I voted for Cruz a couple of weeks ago here in VA.
Rubio almost won the state.

My wife and walk to polling station.
I'm politicking for a mile, pleading my case but, I know as soon as she goes behind that curtain she's going to cancel out my vote!

Raoul, I hate to tell you this but that right there tells us which of the two of you is the smartest.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Roadie

With the democratic party super delegates who committed to Hillary initially, the only way Bernie could become the demo nominee is if Hillary got arrested which might happen.
The Democratic race was FIXED from the very beginning. Not only the "super delegates" but that fact that there was only ONE candidate. I don't know why Democrat voters aren't raising hell about that. OTOH maybe that why so many are now voting Republican.

What happens if Hillery does get charged? AFIK that doesn't exclude her from the race and IMO she'll drag out the trial until after the election.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by joe51
Raoul, I hate to tell you this but that right there tells us which of the two of you is the smartest.
I didn't know we was getting graded on this thread or I woulda tried harder.

There is only one thing we can count on,
we always get the government we deserve.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by joe51
... What happens if Hillery does get charged? AFIK that doesn't exclude her from the race and IMO she'll drag out the trial until after the election.
Exactly, then as President she can Pardon herself.
You know, like when you fart at a fancy dinner party.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Exactly, then as President she can Pardon herself.
It sounds like you're telling me "What difference does it make!"

Old 03-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Well, this thread is about the Republican race.
Now that Rubio is out and Kasich is polling single digits everywhere out side Ohio,

We have to choose between Freddy Cruz and Jason Trump.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, Rubio is out! One more cling-on to go and we can have a real race.

Raoul do you mean that when you fart at a fancy dinner party, you blame it on your wife? Good plan, I usually blame it on the dog or cat!

Old 03-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by jgger
...Raoul do you mean that when you fart at a fancy dinner party, you blame it on your wife?...
The first rule of Fart Club is: You do not talk about Fart Club.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The first rule of Fart Club is: You do not talk about Fart Club.
well i dont know which fart club you are in, but some of my best stories and times include a well placed, calculated fart.

only rule of my fart club is "never trust a fart"

Old 03-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I’ve been watching this thread since it started and I have to say that by and large, it’s been unbelievably civil. (That’s somewhat surprising here.) I finally decided to dip my toe in the water on this one since we are talking about the future of our country here. But please keep in mind that these are purely my personal opinions – which I have a right to express.

First of all, I don’t think Donald Trump is a twit. You can call him many, many things, but he’s no idiot. He’s just a very strongly opinionated man running for the right to become the President of the United States of America. Being strongly opinionated pretty much guarantees that somebody (maybe a lot of somebodys) is going to disagree with him. One thing you have to give him credit for though, he lets everyone know exactly where he stands and he doesn’t much give a damn if somebody disagrees with him. If you look at all of the other career politicians running against him, they all either waffle back and forth or refuse to clearly take a stand on important issues. So I give Trump a lot of credit there – even if I don’t always agree with him.

Second, whether you like him or not, Trump is the only candidate out there with any experience running a business. As hard as it appears for most folks to understand, running a country (successfully) is a lot like running a successful business. All one has to do is look at what just about every previous POTUS has done (financially) to this country and you pretty quickly have to come to the conclusion that some business smarts might not be a bad thing for a President to have. After all, if the United States of America was a business, we’d have been bankrupt by any legal definition many years ago. And the current POTUS has absolutely driven the country over the financial cliff. Oh, and both Democratic candidates are promising to accelerate the already out of control spending pattern. Trump is the only one who has any hope (and knowledge) of how to change the current trajectory.

Finally, whether you like (or agree with him) or not, you have to admit that Donald Trump – when he’s pissing some people off – is merely saying what many of us think – but are afraid to say. He really doesn’t worry about “political correctness” one bit. And I for one find that pretty refreshing.

So is Donald Trump a twit? Personally, I don’t think so. Now the guy currently sitting in the Oval Office? Yupper!

Old 03-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't agree with the statement that Trump says exactly what he believes. His opinions have done a 180* on a lot of issues in the last 5 years. For that reason I just don't trust him. I think he says exactly what a lot of people want a politician to say. He has picked up the discontent of the population and used it. He's no fool by any measure but I'm not convinced he's not a liar.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:11 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 2stroked
I’ve been watching this thread since it started and I have to say that by and large, it’s been unbelievably civil. (That’s somewhat surprising here.) I finally decided to dip my toe in the water on this one since we are talking about the future of our country here. But please keep in mind that these are purely my personal opinions – which I have a right to express.

First of all, I don’t think Donald Trump is a twit. You can call him many, many things, but he’s no idiot. He’s just a very strongly opinionated man running for the right to become the President of the United States of America. Being strongly opinionated pretty much guarantees that somebody (maybe a lot of somebodys) is going to disagree with him. One thing you have to give him credit for though, he lets everyone know exactly where he stands and he doesn’t much give a damn if somebody disagrees with him. If you look at all of the other career politicians running against him, they all either waffle back and forth or refuse to clearly take a stand on important issues. So I give Trump a lot of credit there – even if I don’t always agree with him.

Second, whether you like him or not, Trump is the only candidate out there with any experience running a business. As hard as it appears for most folks to understand, running a country (successfully) is a lot like running a successful business. All one has to do is look at what just about every previous POTUS has done (financially) to this country and you pretty quickly have to come to the conclusion that some business smarts might not be a bad thing for a President to have. After all, if the United States of America was a business, we’d have been bankrupt by any legal definition many years ago. And the current POTUS has absolutely driven the country over the financial cliff. Oh, and both Democratic candidates are promising to accelerate the already out of control spending pattern. Trump is the only one who has any hope (and knowledge) of how to change the current trajectory.

Finally, whether you like (or agree with him) or not, you have to admit that Donald Trump – when he’s pissing some people off – is merely saying what many of us think – but are afraid to say. He really doesn’t worry about “political correctness” one bit. And I for one find that pretty refreshing.

So is Donald Trump a twit? Personally, I don’t think so. Now the guy currently sitting in the Oval Office? Yupper!
Well said, Tom. You pretty much stated word for word how most if not all of my family feels. He's the only one in my eyes that could actually turn it around. You HAVE to possess business sense.

Quick Reply: Trump is a twit!