Trump is a twit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
With that attitude, you and everyone else saying that are handing the White House to Hillary on a silver platter. ANY Republican is better than the alternative.
Amen!

Old 03-26-2016, 09:29 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
There is very little difference in the repub elites and Hillary, very little. Kasich has already stated that he wants "comprehensive immigration reform" which is code for open borders. Leaders of the repub party want open borders. Spending will not be controlled. The repubs will eliminate SS and put everybody in a 401K where the insiders on wall street will get all of the money.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Roadie
There is very little difference in the repub elites and Hillary, very little. Kasich has already stated that he wants "comprehensive immigration reform" which is code for open borders. Leaders of the repub party want open borders. Spending will not be controlled. The repubs will eliminate SS and put everybody in a 401K where the insiders on wall street will get all of the money.
Now that right there is the WORST reason to not vote at all. With the Hildabeast you can kiss your 2nd amendment bye bye. Not to mention it would probably completely eliminate the chance of an article 5 convention of the states. Clinton or Sanders and game over, 'eh commrad?

People need to pull their collective heads out of their butts this time around. With all the people sucking their thumbs when Romney ran last time GAVE the lefties 4 more years to screw things up. Romney wasn't the best man for the job, but he was much better than the POS he was running against. I will be the first to admit that it was a real nose holder, but look what we got by people "showing" those bastages a thing or two. If you sit out this election and whimper in the corner because your favorite reality tv star didn't get the nomination then you will have NO RIGHT to complain when things fall apart...........(as he steps down from his soap box)-------Rant on/off

Old 03-26-2016, 11:25 PM
If the repub elites choose the golden boy, he will lose the election for sure. Just look who they tried to annoint, Jeb Bush, who spent over 100million on ads and couldn't get anybody to vote for him. In New Hampshire, he spent about $3500 for every vote he got. Then, they chose Marco who got clobbered in his own state. The only chance the repubs have of winning is to let the people decide.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Oh by the way, the last thing I want is for article 5 to get used. There is no telling what those idiots in DC will change in the constitution if they got a chance. Our founding fathers had infinite more wisdom that the current bunch of ******** or I should say bought offs.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:40 PM
Well maybe we should see what happens on the second ballot at the convention. If they put up somebody with a propeller beanie then it doesn't really matter anyway, it's over. if Trump or Cruz doesn't have the required majority going into the convention then it will lead to a second ballot. It's been that way since Lincoln was nominated (who btw didn't have the majority at the start of the convention). What is happening now with the primaries is the people are picking who they want on a state by state process. If no one has the majority (more than half) then that is when the horse trading starts. I don't think that either the Trump or Cruz people are going to sit by and just twiddle their thumbs while the party tries to put up some Dufus, I could be wrong.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:13 AM
Oh by the way, the last thing I want is for article 5 to get used. There is no telling what those idiots in DC will change in the constitution if they got a chance. Our founding fathers had infinite more wisdom that the current bunch of ******** or I should say bought offs.
Article 5 is a CONVENTION OF THE STATES. It's intention is for just what is going on in Washington now. It is the override for the system to stop the Feds from becoming too big/powerful. It does not require the ding bats that are in Washington for it to work, that is why they fear it so much. It was put into the founding documents because the founders were far sighted enough to protect future generations. I don't know who you have been listening to, but it sounds like you may have a wrong concept of what article 5 really is about.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In memory of Ronald Reagan. The last truly great President.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:48 AM
The Constitution of the United States

Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

Looks to me like either the states or congress can initiate a constitutional convention where either can propose amendments.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by spokey8
In memory of Ronald Reagan. The last truly great President.
I really liked Ronald Reagan too. But Reagan made a lot of mistakes too. His approval of the democrats "comprehensive immigration plan" allowed all the illegals to become legal and the border was never secured. He got snookered. Putting marines in Lebanon was a gross mistake that got over 200 of them killed. I believe Oliver North became a convicted felon for carrying out his wishes in Nicaragua. On and on. He did do a lot to be admired. I'm not trying to minimize that. But it wasn't all good. Firing the air traffic controllers was a good thing. It was illegal for them to strike and he fired them. The postal workers were poised for an illegal strike if the air traffic controllers had gotten away with it.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really liked Ronald Reagan too. But Reagan made a lot of mistakes too. His approval of the democrats "comprehensive immigration plan" allowed all the illegals to become legal and the border was never secured. He got snookered. Putting marines in Lebanon was a gross mistake that got over 200 of them killed. I believe Oliver North became a convicted felon for carrying out his wishes in Nicaragua. On and on. He did do a lot to be admired. I'm not trying to minimize that. But it wasn't all good. Firing the air traffic controllers was a good thing. It was illegal for them to strike and he fired them. The postal workers were poised for an illegal strike if the air traffic controllers had gotten away with it.
You are right, not everything Reagan did was the best. Sometimes the lesser of two evils, well...... is still evil. There are a lot of Eastern Europeans who really like him ("tear down this wall") as well as millions of Repubs and Demos who look back at his legacy and see a country that stood back up from an economic crisis beatdown and was put back on the rails, (among many other things).

Old 03-28-2016, 09:20 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
By lashing out at Cruz's wife for something someone else did???
LOL! This is at least the FIFTH time that someone inside the Cruz camp did something unethical during this election! Out of Nineteen people that started in the Primary, only one has pulled dirty tricks and his camp has done so five times now. How can anyone with even half a brain say that Cruz hasn't had a hand in any of this? Even if he didn't direct it personally, he has ALLOWED and most likely, ENCOURAGED, it to happen!

OTOH if Cruz didn't have a hand in releasing this photos, he should have just been a man about it and said so and denounced the publication and apologized to Trump and his wife instead of being mouthy and trying to trying to act like a tough guy!

As for me, I'm seeing a real problem with HONESTLY and ETHICS in the Cruz campaign and I WON'T vote for him regardless of who the RP nominates!

Old 03-28-2016, 09:26 AM

For once I agree with you. But there's not a chance in hell, that the political elites in this country are going to allow an Article Five convention! It would mean the total and complete end of their power basis. And that includes both the R and Ps and even the Independents like Bernie. They're ALL part of the Washington political power structure.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by glc
With that attitude, you and everyone else saying that are handing the White House to Hillary on a silver platter. ANY Republican is better than the alternative.
I'm going to say "F that!" The Republican establishment has played that card for too long! I'm fed up with voting for the lesser of two evils and nothing getting done in Washington. That's exactly how the country got in the state that it's currently in even though we voted in a Republican majority in the last two elections. I'll state right now that I WILL NOT vote for another Republican candidate that is hand picked by the party insiders! And there are tens of millions of voters that feel the same way, that's why Jeb and Rubio had NO voter support even here in Florida despite MASSIVE support from the Republican Party.

As things stand right now, I HOPE to see Trump become the R candidate but I would consider voting for Kasick. Cruz? NEVER! Besides openly supporting legalizing the illegal migrants, he's been caught talking out of both sides of his face too many times and his campaign has been caught in too many dirty tricks. If the Rs run a candidate that I don't agree with I will use my right to WRITE IN someone of my choice.

Folks, you don't have to follow the Republican's hand picked nominee like lambs following a black sheep to the slaughter! And you don't have to hold your nose and compromise. That's why voters are allowed to WRITE IN their choice!

Old 03-28-2016, 06:31 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I'll tell you what kind of 'merican I am.
I got a cowboy room over the garage and its got a dormer.
Hanging off that dormer is the Stars & Stripes.
No matter how many beers I've had
No matter what the weather outside may be
No matter whether it's day or night
I reach out and fix that flag should she get tangled, I've done so many times
and I think Cruz would do the same.

I think Trump would have his man do it.

Quick Reply: Trump is a twit!