View Poll Results: Are we dead?; How often are you on other forums?
No; This is the only one I visit
22.67%
No; I dabble with others occasionally
14.67%
No; I'm on others frequently
18.67%
Yes; This is the only one I visit
9.33%
Yes; I dabble with others occasionally
6.67%
Yes; I'm on others frequently
22.67%
I haven't thought about it and/or I don't care
8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Are we (the forum) dead?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we (the forum) dead?

I'm very tired of the "no wonder nobody's on here anymore" and "this place is so dead" comments. Anyone else sick of this? Maybe the site isn't as active as it once was, but damn! I never even bother getting on other forums for a variety of reasons, but this is and has been my favorite since day one. I think we've got the best guys and definitely some of the most knowledgeable. I'm curious as to who thinks we're dead/dying and how often people are on other forums.

Even when this thread dies down over time, feel free to post and vote. I'd like this to be a living (ironic, right?) thread and possibly be something to reflect upon in the future, hopefully when we've given it all a jump start.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 07-16-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I don't regularly visit any other f150 forum. F150online is stuck with putting up with me.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't know how to vote...this is the only forum I'm on and yes, I have noticed a decline in activity. I don't know what's up, but I haven't been anywhere else.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 AM

I'd really like to find some ways to spur activity and get more people to participate instead of just leaching haha (which I admit I did for a while). I've tried to get some of the buds to, but no serious bites

Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I got tired of the children giving their opinions as fact when I would not only give them the correct info, but back it up with industry accepted web pages. I put up with morons all day, I don't need to hear it too so I quit coming by. I still drop in occasionally, old habits like the 3000 mile oil changes are hard to break. But the clowns seemingly are everywhere these days like as if it's a contest to see who can be the most right and God help ya if there's a typo or the clown didn't understand the post at all. I think that's what brought this board down so low. There were a lot of great folks willing to help here but I'm not seeing much of them now. I guess the clowns won. Anyway, I guess I'll be dropping in at times to see what's goin on.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:20 PM
its sort of hard for you (and myself) to figure that out. ive only been on here for a year and its been about the same the whole time. i am a member of other car forums as well and they all have gotten slower over the past few years. its basically the same newb type questions (can i fit these tires, should i go with a 2 or 3 inch level) and i think most of the older members just get sick of it. i stopped visiting my nissan forum just because it turned into kids asking the same questions over and over and over again. as far this forum, it has more activity than my nissan site but this is a national forum.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
I got tired of the children giving their opinions as fact when I would not only give them the correct info, but back it up with industry accepted web pages. I put up with morons all day, I don't need to hear it too so I quit coming by. I still drop in occasionally, old habits like the 3000 mile oil changes are hard to break. But the clowns seemingly are everywhere these days like as if it's a contest to see who can be the most right and God help ya if there's a typo or the clown didn't understand the post at all. I think that's what brought this board down so low. There were a lot of great folks willing to help here but I'm not seeing much of them now. I guess the clowns won. Anyway, I guess I'll be dropping in at times to see what's goin on.
It's getting like that on a lot of forums now, and I've cut down on the ones I used to visit as well for these reasons. F150forum is getting just as bad in my opinion. I usually stay over there, but come here and FFS for research. I'd be more active here if the forum was a little more active.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by jdeacon
its basically the same newb type questions (can i fit these tires, should i go with a 2 or 3 inch level) and i think most of the older members just get sick of it. i stopped visiting my nissan forum just because it turned into kids asking the same questions over and over and over again.
This. I know it annoys me when I see the same question asked on a daily basis, especially when it's the same person asking it in a bunch of different sections or bumping 7 year old threads for it. It's annoying also when people type like they're 12 and you can't understand what they're saying but they expect an answer right away. I used to try to answer all the questions I could but now if I can't understand what your saying I usually don't even bother, which I think some other members do the same as well.

But it seems like while we don't get as many new permanent members, the ones who do stick around seem to hold up better.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:42 PM
I visit a few of forums. Two are job related (used to be three but one became over ridden with trolls). This one (used to be several F-150 sights but the sights, not the people, irritated me). One survival sight.

My biggest issue is my hours changed and I'd rather spend time with my family than on here. I also quit visiting some of the old sections not just here, but on all of the sights, because as others have pointed out it's the same old questions/complaints/comments.

I still come in every day, but I normally don't post and I only visit the general section. On the weekends I visit the rest.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM

I poked around for a few years before I decided to join in. Even then, I was irritated by all the people asking the same questions, and I wasn't even having to deal with it! I greatly appreciate all of the guys that have been here from the "start" (1999-2003) that are still here. Even Pizzaman came in 2009 and is one of the largest contributors.

I've done plenty of mods while I've owned my truck, and for every one of them there was at least one very comprehensive thread on how to go about it and gave me all the info I needed. If all of these people have Internet and find us, they can find existing threads. All these people want personal help and even when more info than they could possibly need is presented to them personally, they want to be spoon fed even further.

Pizzaman, I try to lighten your load sometimes by regurgitating things you've already said elsewhere, but there's 10 of the same posts every day haha

Old 07-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I had my 06 the 04-08 forum was busy and when I bought my '11 in early 2011 the 09+ forum was busy. It's pretty sad that activity dropped off like it has.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
This. I know it annoys me when I see the same question asked on a daily basis, especially when it's the same person asking it in a bunch of different sections or bumping 7 year old threads for it. It's annoying also when people type like they're 12 and you can't understand what they're saying but they expect an answer right away. I used to try to answer all the questions I could but now if I can't understand what your saying I usually don't even bother, which I think some other members do the same as well.

But it seems like while we don't get as many new permanent members, the ones who do stick around seem to hold up better.
agreed

Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 PM
I jumped here from a different site . I was dumbstruck by the lack of activity here . I rarely visit, often do not post , and often forget to look at this site . That said, I think many have good intentions , have received good advice , and will continue to . Hope all that are here continue forward , and , ramp it up a bit . Lackluster as this sight is, it has some good information .

Old 07-16-2013, 10:55 PM

I wish, in some ways, that all F150 forums and F150 sub forums on Ford truck forums or truck sites, could assemble to make one giant, super active forum. Individual forums would still have their uses, as I prefer smaller, closer knit communities than colossal ones, but it would be nice to have all F150 owners connected and under one roof so to speak. We have the most common vehicle in the world and should be able to have much more participation from all over the country.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I wish, in some ways, that all F150 forums and F150 sub forums on Ford truck forums or truck sites, could assemble to make one giant, super active forum. Individual forums would still have their uses, as I prefer smaller, closer knit communities than colossal ones, but it would be nice to have all F150 owners connected and under one roof so to speak. We have the most common vehicle in the world and should be able to have much more participation from all over the country.
That's sorta like how the VW Vortex is set up. The problem here is F-150s got cheap and lots of kids bought them. When I first joined here I was one of the youngest people on here. Then most folks acted like adults, now that a lot of young punks can afford a 1998-2003 F-150 they come here. The maturity level went down and a lot of the older crowd quit coming. There's still a few left here but not many.

Quick Reply: Are we (the forum) dead?