Feinstein..Turn in your guns

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a good question, a little pertaining to this, in the old days of FDR how did the
the GV get the people to turn in there gold would they go that route.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jethat
Paranoia. So far there has not been ANY gun legislation introduced and the odds of anything other then very MINOR laws passed are pretty much non existent. Right wing paranoia. The house is still controlled by Republicans. They are not going to sign off and they would have to. Obama isnt going to steal your guns.
Oh really, every news outlet has stated the (D)s have introduced 8 separate bills on the FIRST day of the new session.

Link to 8 bills

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) led the way with four bills introduced.

- Significant restrictions on gun show transactions, which would in effect end gun shows;
- No online purchases of ammunition, and licensing of ammunition dealers, as well as reporting to the federal government all bulk ammunition purchases;
- Prohibition on the transfer, sale, or possession of ammunition clips beyond a certain size.

Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL), ... introduced legislation that would create more stringent licensing for gun owners.

So did Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ).

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) proposed a bill that would prevent anyone under age 21 from carrying a handgun

Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA) pushed forward a bill requiring background checks on all gun sales, which would essentially prevent non-gun-shop transfers of weapons.
The anti-gun crowd has been licking their chops since obummer was elected. And in the words of Rham Emanuel, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." Now they see the blood in the water and are ready to pounce.

Originally Posted by Dianne Feinstein in 2009
(CBS) The California senator who authored the nation's now-lapsed 1994 ban on assault weapons says she will hold off trying to renew that ban.

Dianne Feinstein (D.-Calif.) tells 60 Minutes correspondent Lesley Stahl that the political timing isn't right and she will move to renew the ban at a future time of her own choosing. Feinstein appears in Stahl's report on the increase in gun sales taking place in America to be broadcast this Sunday, April 12, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Asked by Stahl if trying to renew the assault weapons ban would start a culture war and pose a distraction for an already overburdened Obama Administration, Feinstein replies, "I agree with you." "So you are going to hold off?" asks Stahl. "That's correct. I'll pick the time and the place, no question about it," Feinstein tells Stahl.
The only question that remains is how successful they will be. The Republicans control the House and that is the biggest hold back. There are several Democrats in the Senate such as Pryor (D-AR) who know that voting for a anti-gun law means certain death in the next election. This limits the ability of a really strict bill being passed at this time but I still expect some type of bill to be rammed through. The other option is an Executive Order from obummer. We know he isn't scarred to take this route.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by honestlarry
i have a good question, a little pertaining to this, in the old days of FDR how did the
the GV get the people to turn in there gold would they go that route.
By offering them money for their gold under Executive Order #6102 without Congressional approval. Without Congressional approval, the president made you a criminal if you possessed gold or silver coin or bullion.

Then shortly after, the price was allowed to free float. Essentially, FDR ripped off the American people billions of dollars (Americans were paid approx. $20 per ounce, when they should've been paid approx. $35 per ounce) by undervaluing their gold.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Feinsteins bill will be introduced on Jan 22. The Libs are licking their chops for that one..........

Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone has accounts with Bank of America, you might want to find a new bank. Not sure the legality of what they are doing.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...y-owner-claims

Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
If anyone has accounts with Bank of America, you might want to find a new bank. Not sure the legality of what they are doing.

That would be the same Bank of America that actively sought illegal aliens for home loans during the housing bubble. (I know, I know, plenty of other banks did the same. But still, shows their priorities).

Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank S
By offering them money for their gold under Executive Order #6102 without Congressional approval. Without Congressional approval, the president made you a criminal if you possessed gold or silver coin or bullion.

Then shortly after, the price was allowed to free float. Essentially, FDR ripped off the American people billions of dollars (Americans were paid approx. $20 per ounce, when they should've been paid approx. $35 per ounce) by undervaluing their gold.

Even the $35/ounce was a government set price and they kept it at the price for decades. When they finally deregulated gold prices in the '70s the price jumped several fold to well over $100/ounce as I remember. Yes, the government saw WW II coming and knew that they'd need gold and they ripped off the American people big time!

Personally I think that anybody that think the government is going to BUY back their guns is an idiot! They'll simply outlaw them and declare them to be contraband and then they're entltled (in their mind anyway!!) to take them without compensation.

Last edited by joe51; 01-08-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51

With all the legal trouble that BofA is in over faking fourclosure documentation, faking loan applicants incomes, etc to make homes loans, then over rating loan packages to in order to sell them to unsuspecting investors, etc etc etc I'm surprised that ANYONE would still trust them with their money or do business with them.

Simply put; even beyond their anti-free rights and anti-gun attitude WHY would anyone still trust BofA???

Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by joe51
With all the legal trouble that BofA is in over faking fourclosure documentation, faking loan applicants incomes, etc to make homes loans, then over rating loan packages to in order to sell them to unsuspecting investors, etc etc etc I'm surprised that ANYONE would still trust them with their money or do business with them.

Simply put; even beyond their anti-free rights and anti-gun attitude WHY would anyone still trust BofA???
I finally was able to refinance my house out from under B of A. I would have to call several times per year to have them take money they inappropriately placed into a non-existent escrow account and apply it to my mortgage. To make things worse the stupid little mortgage payment form you had to fill out every month had a slot so you could tell B of A where to apply the money. The extra always was supposed to go to the principle. In my case they made mistakes on amounts of less than $100, but when you consider many people don't monitor their accounts a $100 over the course of a year or two is a pretty good amount of interest. Especially when you consider they are still earning the interest on the balance on the loan as well as the interest from loaning out the extra money in your escrow. Essentially the bank is earning anywhere between 5-8% interest on your free money as a result of their "mistake". I figure by doing this they make themselves several hundred thousand dollars extra every year. A while back I read a court case where large companies would have accounts on either side of the country. The company would write a check on the account the farthest away from the debt. The reason being is the money would stay in the account a day or two longer earning them interest. It turned out they were making thousands of dollars in interest extra every year. The court put a stop to this.

When I was refinancing I had a first and second mortgage. I was going to subordinate a small part of the second mortgage amounting to approximately 5k. B of A would not sign the subordination agreement, because my loan to value would be too high. The funny part is the loan to value was no different after my refinance than before the refinance. Before the refinance they were on the hook for the entire amount of the loans on my house. After the refinance they would be on the hook for about 5k. My opinion is they refused to sign the document, because they were under the mistaken belief that if they refused, I would not be able to refinance my loans and since I always made my payments on time they knew it was easy money. It kind of makes sense. How many people have $5k sitting around collecting dust? That would leave them collecting roughly 8.75% combined interest on the loans. In a big "F--- YOU" to them, I pulled the money out of one of my accounts, paid off the second, and refinanced my loans. I am saving myself about half my mortgage payment now when compared to pre-refinance.

Edited to add this shameless advertisement: Any vets who do not have a VA loan but want to refinance into one, Regions Bank does 100% VA cash-out (what it is called when you take a VA mortgage out to pay off a non-VA mortgage)refinances. They are the only bank I found, that will honor that part of the VA housing program.

Last edited by 1depd; 01-08-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by joe51
Even the $35/ounce was a government set price and they kept it at the price for decades. When they finally deregulated gold prices in the '70s the price jumped several fold to well over $100/ounce as I remember. Yes, the government saw WW II coming and knew that they'd need gold and they ripped off the American people big time!

Personally I think that anybody that think the government is going to BUY back their guns is an idiot! They'll simply outlaw them and declare them to be contraband and then they're entltled (in their mind anyway!!) to take them without compensation.
Agreed. There are thousands of Brits that still have not been paid for their guns when they were surrendered in the mid-late 1990's.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM
I hope it works out for you guys! Heres a ray of light if you put enough presure on the government they will listen. Just a couple of months ago we the gun owners here in CDN won the dismantle of the gun registry. It took a couple of years but we won!

Keep putting pressure on your government at all levels and they will listen. You will win. Keep positive.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
Spring City UT hasn't heard of the "Turn in your guns" program.

Reminds me of Kennesaw GA

Name:  kennessaa_zps13b5036d.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  42.9 KB

Last edited by SETCHAN; 01-11-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Feinstein..Turn in your guns