Feinstein..Turn in your guns

Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feinstein..Turn in your guns

So, Feinstein will work with Biden and Obama to confiscate all weapons.
Considering there are 380 million privately owned weapons in the US, what would you do if the local police knocked on your door with a list of your weapons and demanded that you hand them over? Of course, they will also have a search warrant to come into your home to make sure you turn all of them in. What would you do?

Try and keep the macho diatribe down and say what you would really do.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
So, Feinstein will work with Biden and Obama to confiscate all weapons.
Considering there are 380 million privately owned weapons in the US, what would you do if the local police knocked on your door with a list of your weapons and demanded that you hand them over? Of course, they will also have a search warrant to come into your home to make sure you turn all of them in. What would you do?

Try and keep the macho diatribe down and say what you would really do.
They wont get any of them. They are all gone now but somehow, they came back to me that are not in my name any more.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM
You DO know if a weapon is traced to you and you claim it is missing and you do not have a police report, they will own you. Think of all the scenarios that would come into play.

In addition, I never could understand why people would post pictures or descriptions of weapons on any forum. The government can find posts anywhere using "keywords".

Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Only an idiot would want to live in a country that would actually outlaw private firearm ownership. Thank God there are approx. 110,000,000 gun owners in this country.

No, I wouldn't turn them in.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
You DO know if a weapon is traced to you and you claim it is missing and you do not have a police report, they will own you. Think of all the scenarios that would come into play.

In addition, I never could understand why people would post pictures or descriptions of weapons on any forum. The government can find posts anywhere using "keywords".
Correct. But think of it this way: Let's say that guns were outlawed and you hid one. You could never possess it, legally. So what would be the point of owning something that you couldn't even use? You can't carry it. And if you used the gun to defend your home, you're busted.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 AM

Last edited by avfrog; 01-01-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Frank S
And if you used the gun to defend your home, you're busted.
But at least I would live to tell about it.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by avfrog
But at least I would live to tell about it.
But you would be telling your cell mate. From what I've heard her proposal would make all unregistered weapons violations just like owning an unlicensed machine gun. That carries a minimum 10 years in Club Fed.

Part of me would want to stash away anything that would be banned but what for? I would never be able to use them again and would be stuck sitting on a lot of years worth of bad showers.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM
what guns? i dont have any guns anymore. I'd turn around put my hands behind my back and say, "take the biggest weapon out of this house, you want one of the other possible murder weapons on the farm? take the titles to my vehicles. Want another? Go grab the gardening tools out of the shed." Then if they didn't spin me around and tell me to turn them over, id shut the door and ignore em. until they busted my door down. They'd need to call for backup, id have a pickup in the side of their vehicle.

Last edited by 1997 lariat 4.6; 01-01-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:54 PM
From my cold dead hands.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
even the gun grabbers wont go for her "plan" because it will cost billions of dollars even if it did happen it would take years to get it all in order. everyone would have to get the cheif of police to sign off on the form, for every single firearm in the country that alone would take years. that proposal is no even realistic, its a gun grabber wishlist

and if they show up at my door i wont be there, ill be in canada

Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Ridiculous question, because it will never happen. The bloodshed alone would be unbelievable. Would you want to be the federal agent walking up the hillside to a shed to claim some backwoods rifles? Doubtful. It is a silly, naive, liberal conception. Just as with prohibition, removing something from the masses leads to bloodshed, every single time. And calice as it is, too few people are murdered by legal gun owners to warrant the risk.

And as much as liberals don't like it, murders by gun have been going down since 2006 (oh yeah..POST Assault-Weapon Ban and for what its worth Assault Weapons, not semi-autos, have been illegal for civilian ownership since the 80s) http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...10shrtbl08.xls

Consider this, everyone looks to non-gun toting nations as a reason for less guns here..really..consider the stats, in 2011 638 people were murdered in Britain, in the US in the same year 745 were murdered by people using.......THEIR HANDS! We have a moral problem in America, not a gun problem.

And to answer the "what if", already told my wife, I'd be going to prison. Nobody is getting my guns, ever. It is worth it to me to stand up for my rights in the face of dictatorship. And I would consider it an outstanding example to my son and daughter of standing up for your FREEDOM.

Last edited by ryanwagner78; 01-01-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by ryanwagner78
... and for what its worth Assault Weapons, not semi-autos, have been illegal for civilian ownership since the 80s) http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...10shrtbl08.xls...
Actually they were heavely restricted in 1934 a full 10 years before the first true Assault Rifle (StG44) was made.

While this exact bill may not make it though Congress, it does give us a glimpse into what the anti-gun crowd want to do. I predict there will be some type of gun regulation bill passed this year but it will be mostly for show. Currently the (R)s have the House and I doubt they will push through something very radical. The Senate is under (D) control but there are enough of them from more conservative districts that know signing onto a bill like this means they will be unemployed by the next election. I could see something that includes longer waiting periods etc for weapons the media has branded evil along with restrictions on high capacity magazines.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, i dont own any guns either....... I can see extending some background checks and limiting extended clips but the masses that are killed during these rampages are either obtaining them legally and then lose their minds later and kill people, or are obtaining them illegally (which will never stop) or are just getting them from the family gun safe. There is nothing that will stop the violence we are having unless you get right at the root of it. And what that is, i dont know for sure. Maybe a combination of many things. But taking away a gun from a legal American just wont happen and wont fix the problem.

Im on the fence. Sometimes I can believe it will happen because there are just as many NUTS in charge as there are NUTS killing people, then other days I just cant believe it will happen. Talk about another World War. If it does happen, it will be as a chess match. Slow and methodical. We will wake up one day and wonder what happened.

To answer the question: I would want to think I was able to stand up and fight for my freedom, and i would also like to think that i would want to be there to support my family and not be in jail. Just think about that. They cant possibly house that many "criminals". The prisons and jails are already over crowded. Plus more un-employment, because everyone will be in jail. Businesses will have to shut down. Houses foreclosed on. Vehicles repossessed. Oh yeah, and taxes going down too because you wont be a work paying taxes. So spending goes up, taxes go down, major housing bust, major businesses going out of business.......just cant foresee it happening......unless its a chess game.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feinstein..Turn in your guns