Feinstein..Turn in your guns

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank S
The 2nd Amendment wasn't placed in the Constitution for the protection of sport or hunting, it was placed there so the people would have access to the same rifles that the gov't has access to. That whole "right" and "duty" spoken of by the Founders.

As far as Feinstein, sure she says she only wants Americans to be forced to surrender "assault" (whatever that means) rifles. Fully automatic "assault" rifles have been regulated since the NFA of 1934. Only an idiot would believe that she would stop with semi-autos if given the power. She would go after everything.
In other words, Feinstein wants to turn the US into Mexico. Where everyone lives in fear of the criminals and Government.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
There would be one of those things called a civil war...

Adrianspeeder

Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They won't be confiscating them for awhile.

They have to implement registration of all firearms first. Harsh fines if you don't comply, annual registration fees, etc... Then they will make it very expensive to shoot (high 'sin' tax on ammo, etc...). So a few million people will just turn them in because they can't afford to legally keep their guns.

Add in a few more decades of anti-gun propaganda, and the fed govt. will begin to selectively confiscate certain guns from certain people. Easy to do after all the legal guns are registered.

Eventually, the majority will want all guns confiscated, and that will be the final step on the path that Feinstein wants to put us on. It will take another 30 years or so.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM
By that time WWIII will have occurred and the Earth will be operating under a "common" government....so it isn't really going to matter.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I think we are getting close too.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Here is an email I sent to about 100 or so of my closest friends....I'm not naive I get the "it will not matter" responses, however, if you do NOTHING you have no one to blame but yourself

=========

I had a great discussion with a group of smart people the other day and it became very clear to me that while many people do care about their rights, they don't find it nearly as important to "do" anything about them. I understand that you're busy, I understand that you're juggling a million things at once, but please, if you might - make it some level of priority to contact your representatives if you have an opinion on the 2nd, 4th, and 9th Amendement. If you don't show your voice, who will?

Old 01-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just remember that if you give them an inch they will take a mile!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
... Add in a few more decades of anti-gun propaganda,...
I don't think it's going to take a few decades. I wouldn't be surprized if it's an "acomplishement" of our dear leaders second term.

They've learned that their propaganda works well. All they have to do is convince enough people that citizens who want to legally own fire arms, for what ever reason, are bad people, want your children to be shot and want people to die. All you have to do is look at this past election. They did exactly this except instead of it being people who want to legally own fire arms, it was peolple who are republicans, conservatives and especially tea partiers. It worked brilliatly! Obama was easily reelected and tens of millions of voters believe the propaganda they were fed.

People should not underestimate the power this administration now has. These times are eerily similar to some events that took place in the past. This could easily end badly, and on a much faster time scale than events in the past.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...46f_print.html

Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this is sad our country has come to this.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Paranoia. So far there has not been ANY gun legislation introduced and the odds of anything other then very MINOR laws passed are pretty much non existent. Right wing paranoia. The house is still controlled by Republicans. They are not going to sign off and they would have to. Obama isnt going to steal your guns.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jethat
Paranoia. So far there has not been ANY gun legislation introduced and the odds of anything other then very MINOR laws passed are pretty much non existent. Right wing paranoia. The house is still controlled by Republicans. They are not going to sign off and they would have to. Obama isnt going to steal your guns.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...46f_print.html

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Not to mention, you should read up on what the president can do to work around Congress via the BATFE and the "Destructive Devices" classifications. Not paranoia. Just facts.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 AM
The house is still controlled by Republicans. They are not going to sign off and they would have to.
Yes. Right. Just like the "fiscal cliff" deal.

Obama doesn't need to steal anyones guns. All he has to do is continue with his divide and conquer strategy and law abiding Ameriicans will be disarmed.

Maybe it's not right wing paranoia at all. Maybe it leftist denial. Or worse, leftist compliance.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 AM
I think you were already answered but there were actually 10 different bills put forward two days ago, only two didn't involve some level of ban. Those two were from new Republicans. And FYI, it isn't "Republican Paranoia" it is people who actually give a crap about the Bill of Rights - they're called Libertarians

And since people tend to try to easily bin people by their opinion here are my credentials haha: Democrat Party Member, Libertarian since 1997, NRA Life Member haha

Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 AM
This is all theoretical, but... If all privately owned firearms were to be outlawed, it would be a small amendment to a bill or an E.O. to that effect. It would start with the voluntary re-purchase of firearms in all parts of the country. Then on one night the government would have to hit every house in the country that still had firearms. If they tried it in phases here's the problem there are many LE types who would be considered gun nuts. Those types would see through the BS and refuse to seize the firearms, so the only way to have these people do it would be to provide a briefing that the people who owned the firearms are part of a terrorist cell, or gang. Most officers would see through this in areas that have a high gun owning population. In areas with few people owning firearms the officers might not see through it. If the seizure was spread out over several nights, news would get out, an armed rebellion would start, and many LE officers would simply refuse to perform the illegal act. Many other LE officers would assist those who own firearms.

I'm not saying what I would do. What I will say is last night I joined a gun club for the first time ever. The only reason is more range time for the wife, kids, and me at a much cheaper price than going to a pay by visit range. At this meeting there were over 60 new members. From all accounts it far exceeded any other night they had a new membership night. Membership went up by over 6% last night and I'm sure that trend will continue for a few more nights. Not only did the number of new members exceed any other previous new member night, it exceeded the number of new members for the entire year for the last four years.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i belive that this kind of thinking, as correct as it may be is what will get us in trouble. we as a people cannot underestimate anything, we all need to do our part. the thought of im just one person what can i do is correct, however the "one persons" are a whole group who combined are people who make differences.
sign the petitions, make the calls, sent the emails, tell them how you feel, stand up for YOUR rights.

Quick Reply: Feinstein..Turn in your guns