Feinstein..Turn in your guns

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Less than 13000 people were killed by firearms in the US in 2011, it has been steadily going down since 2007 according to the FBI. Out of 312 million people that is a statistic of 0.00004%. 728 people in the US in 2011 were murdered by peoples fists, nearly 1700 were stabbed or cut to death - fact is though it seems horrific and the media focuses on it, the odds of you getting shot to death are very slim to say the least. Destroying a civil right over this is absurd.

Limiting magazine capacity? Useless. It takes less than a second to switch magazines. Every mass murderer has reloaded. Nearly all guns used in murders are obtained illegally - via one method or another. All more laws do, is limit LEGAL law abiding citizens. That is it.

Average people killed in mass murder where police arrive, 14, where a citizen has a gun, 2.

Face it, private citizens are best. http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...honest-people/

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8
http://dailyanarchist.com/2012/07/31...ge-statistics/

Last edited by ryanwagner78; 01-03-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Sweet Lawd A-mighty!

So, let me get this straight. Obama and his cronies are going to send forth an initiative to local law enforcement agencies to come knocking on every door to demand our weapons? Really?

Think of the logistical nightmare alone that would materialize from such an endeavor. With the local authorities busy going door-to-door collecting weapons, the real criminals would have a field day! Etc, etc, etc....

Then there's the fact that there are industries that revolve around and tons of tax dollars that come from firearms being sold the public (sporting goods, hunting, licenses, ammo taxes, etc). I can't see them shutting down entire industries when the economy is already so shaky? Why would the government put something in place that would TAKE AWAY tax receipts for good ol' Unkie Sam?

Anybody got a non-biased, non-slanted link outlining cold, hard plans to have ALL guns banned and policed in a manner consistent with the scenario laid out by aussiekeeper? Or is this just a fun, hypothetical, play-acting scenario?

Whatever the case, IF the day ever came when the authorities came to my house to claim my guns (it won't), I guess I'd just die in a pile of my own hot brass.

I heard all of this same talk in November of 92, 96, 08, and 12, and we still have our guns.

Rest easy, fellers. We ain't gonna have to hand over our guns...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Closest you'll see to "take their guns" is Illinois...https://www.google.com/search?q=Illi...w=1433&bih=701

Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Yea I really hate IL. Bunch of damn corrupt Chicago thugs in Springfield.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is Feinsteins next target. Have to get rid of all those dangerous hammers and clubs.

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights...ch-year-rifles

Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
Here is Feinsteins next target. Have to get rid of all those dangerous hammers and clubs.

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights...ch-year-rifles

Rifles killed 323 people in 2011 - fists kille 728

Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DewserB
I heard all of this same talk in November of 92, 96, 08, and 12, and we still have our guns.

Rest easy, fellers. We ain't gonna have to hand over our guns...
I doubt you'll see the brown shirts collecting guns in 2013, but there's one huge difference: Sandy Hook. And the gun grabbing communists like Feinstein are going to get as much banned/regulated as they can while they can. Never let a crisis go to waste, ya know.

To deny that there are people in gov't that think guns should be banned completely or belittle those trying to protect rights is a mistake. Complacency is a nice word for laziness. Do some reading on Feinstein and others like her. She has stated she wants the entire populace disarmed. It's like the old saying if you give them an inch, they'll take you a mile.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DewserB...great post. you rock

i was going to post a similar thing but you beat me to it.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM
To conquer a nation, one must first disarm its citizens - Adolf Hitler

She sounds like Hitler to me

Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 PM
A letter from a current Marine. Well said.

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/03/marin...isarmed-video/

Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Howdy, Frank!

I've read up on Feinstein. I certainly haven't seen her talk about the wholesale disarmament of the enire populous. So far, all I have seen states that she's for the banning of assault rifles (hi-cap, fully-auto, etc). Honestly, I don't see why a person would ever want or need anything like that anyway. That doesn't mean I agree with her, though. I just don't see the need. After all, home invasions aren't comprised of armies or even squads of people.

However, and I'll make a deal with you here, if armies or squads ever do start going door-to-door demanding my handguns, rifles, and shotguns, I'll be the first fella in line to procure an assault rifle in order to even my odds some.

I agree that the suits always take a crisis and use it as a springboard for their personal agendas. That's just wrong, and in my book, that belittles the tragedy by ignoring the real problem at hand. Just wrong!

Are there politicians who'd like to see a total ban on guns? Sure! I never said there weren't. Lots of ignorant folk would like to see that. It doesn't mean it's going to happen. In our case, I see too many obstacles for them to overcome and too much revenue to be forfeited for it to happen here.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
DewserB...great post. you rock

i was going to post a similar thing but you beat me to it.
Why thankee, Brother Dave!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Howdy, Frank!

I've read up on Feinstein. I certainly haven't seen her talk about the wholesale disarmament of the enire populous. So far, all I have seen states that she's for the banning of assault rifles (hi-cap, fully-auto, etc). Honestly, I don't see why a person would ever want or need anything like that anyway. That doesn't mean I agree with her, though. I just don't see the need. After all, home invasions aren't comprised of armies or even squads of people.

However, and I'll make a deal with you here, if armies or squads ever do start going door-to-door demanding my handguns, rifles, and shotguns, I'll be the first fella in line to procure an assault rifle in order to even my odds some.

I agree that the suits always take a crisis and use it as a springboard for their personal agendas. That's just wrong, and in my book, that belittles the tragedy by ignoring the real problem at hand. Just wrong!

Are there politicians who'd like to see a total ban on guns? Sure! I never said there weren't. Lots of ignorant folk would like to see that. It doesn't mean it's going to happen. In our case, I see too many obstacles for them to overcome and too much revenue to be forfeited for it to happen here.
And you would be wrong about what she wants to ban. Assault weapons (selectable from semi to full auto) are already banned. Or more precisely are registered, taxes paid, and can no longer be made. That has been that way for decades. What she wants to ban is anything that even "looks" military. An example, the M1903 bolt action rifle. Why on her list, because it has a bayonet lug. Only reason. The same would apply to the M1 Garand, M1 carbine etc. None of which are an assault rifle. Even an AR15 semi-auto would be banned as it has a detachable box magazine.

Here is her list.

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
I would certainly like to know what a thumb hole stock has to do with anything.

And where does this info come from, her website. http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons
Easy to find if you had looked.

Last edited by kingfish51; 01-03-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Howdy, Frank!

The 2nd Amendment wasn't placed in the Constitution for the protection of sport or hunting, it was placed there so the people would have access to the same rifles that the gov't has access to. That whole "right" and "duty" spoken of by the Founders.

As far as Feinstein, sure she says she only wants Americans to be forced to surrender "assault" (whatever that means) rifles. Fully automatic "assault" rifles have been regulated since the NFA of 1934. Only an idiot would believe that she would stop with semi-autos if given the power. She would go after everything.

Last edited by Frank S; 01-03-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
A letter from a current Marine. Well said.

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/03/marin...isarmed-video/

Quick Reply: Feinstein..Turn in your guns